Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Iraq War Ending...........Almost In Secret

Default Re: Iraq War Ending...........Almost In Secret

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    The blowing up of the Great Mosque at Mosul by ISIS confirms if anyone wants to go by anything materially real that ISIS is not an Islamic group.

http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns...ism-1323585268
    Nonsense. In their religious mythology, if the Great Mosque falls into the hands of Shi'ite heretics and Kurdish and American unbelievers, it is better for it to be destroyed.

Regrettably, ISIS is indeed an extremely fanatical Islamic group. If they were not, if they were simply anti-imperial nationalists, that would be much better and they might be a bit less ruthless.

-AMH-

Quote Originally Posted by A Marxist Historian View Post
    Nonsense. In their religious mythology, if the Great Mosque falls into the hands of Shi'ite heretics and Kurdish and American unbelievers, it is better for it to be destroyed.

Regrettably, ISIS is indeed an extremely fanatical Islamic group. If they were not, if they were simply anti-imperial nationalists, that would be much better and they might be a bit less ruthless.

-AMH-
    Their religious mythology is made up on the hoof and is not Islamic. Not unless you count the Disney version.....
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Their religious mythology is made up on the hoof and is not Islamic. Not unless you count the Disney version.....
    I am just a bit curious as to what gives you the authority to specify what is Islamic and what is not. Did you study this religion in an in depth way somewhere?
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Repeated accounts of mass executions by Iraqi security forces in the old city, Mosul. Bodies being thrown into the river.

Also disturbing footage being circulated on the internet of captured ISIS fighters being brutalised.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    I am just a bit curious as to what gives you the authority to specify what is Islamic and what is not. Did you study this religion in an in depth way somewhere?
    Could the same question not be asked if yourself? You seem to view yourself as rather a (self-appointed) expert on conflicts in the Middle East.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    I lived beside and known well Muslims in the 1970s and 80s, I've studied Islamic art and culture and have read up a good bit on the different strands of Islam. I also note what is said about the Saudi / Al q / ISIS brand by other Muslims across the world. It is not just that they don't agree with aspects of it. They don't recognise it as being familiar to them as Islamic.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

I lived beside and known well Muslims in the 1970s and 80s,
    In which country?
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930