Page 1 of 159 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: RTE Watch !

Question RTE Watch !

At last a dedicated thread for watching the intriguing programming choices of RTE.

So far this weekend, RTE avoided covering the "Never Again" March in Dublin, extensively covered in the Press and ....

the Irish Cancer Society was refused permission by RTE to use the sound of a flushing toilet in its bower cancer awareness ad. as it considered it "contrary to taste and decency". The Society had to beg RTE to run the life-saving ads (without sound effects), for which it was paying RTE €18,000.00

“ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Default Re: RTE Watch !

Glad to not hear it - it is gross and is unnecessary
    Totam cum Scotus Iernem
    Movit, et infesto spumavit remige Tethys

RighteousAnger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger John View Post
    Glad to not hear it - it is gross and is unnecessary
    The sound of flushing water is not gross. You must be a very easily offended individual.

Quote Originally Posted by RighteousAnger View Post
    The sound of flushing water is not gross. You must be a very sensitive individual.
    Very in touch with my feminine side
    Totam cum Scotus Iernem
    Movit, et infesto spumavit remige Tethys

In the 6 0'clock news, Mr. Dobson reported on NAMA in front of a large specially-made hoarding inscribed "NAMA - saving the Banks!"
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

McWilliams is on Prime Time tonight.

He has been a real media whore this week.
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Didn't see it myself, but I heard they are showing re-runs of "Designs For Life".
    This was normally run during the bubble, and showed financially illiterate couples digging themselves in a lifetime of debt, with badly designed houses, for the tittiliation of RTE.
    That they're showing it again, in the middle of the worst economic crisis in the State, is for more tittilation i assume.

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    McWilliams is on Prime Time tonight.

He has been a real media whore this week.
    FF sent Eamo Ryan on to debate McWilliams

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Ryan was destroyed. He looked defeated before he started. But it was noticeable that Miriam O'Callaghan interrupted McWilliams and changed the subject several times when he was winding up to make a point.

greengoose Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyJoe McGillycuddy View Post
    Ryan was destroyed. He looked defeated before he started. But it was noticeable that Miriam O'Callaghan interrupted McWilliams and changed the subject several times when he was winding up to make a point.
    Ryan is a moron and putting him on a second rate show with a FF hack of a presenter who keeps systematically interrupting any anti FF guest shows the level of his stupidity.

He must be on acid because his eyes were practically popping out of his head and his ranting was unhealthy to say the least.

Why does Margaret Ward need to be in Beijing in order to read a script over background images from Chinese television of an earthquake in Tibet, ?

Do they not have news feeds in Montrose ?
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Donal O’Mahony's ('global strategist' at Davy Capital Markets) interview trotted out on RTE 6pm, 9pm and 11.40pm News explaining that the fact of our having the highest budget deficit in the EU doesn't matter. Curious how RTE news always has a Davy's or Goodbody's representative on to discuss bond or stock markets.
    Here's Donald in today's IT:
    There are no cashflow consequences for Ireland’s budget deficit and funding requirements in 2010 and, while future promissory note injections of about €11 billion into Anglo and Irish Nationwide will augment the Government’s borrowing needs from 2011 onwards, the staggered disbursement of these monies over a 10-15-year period will mitigate the impact on annual issuance activity.
    Translated to Hibernian English I think that means that everything is hunkey dory

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyJoe McGillycuddy View Post
    Donal O’Mahony's ('global strategist' at Davy Capital Markets) interview trotted out on RTE 6pm, 9pm and 11.40pm News explaining that the fact of our having the highest budget deficit in the EU doesn't matter. Curious how RTE news always has a Davy's or Goodbody's representative on to discuss bond or stock markets.
    Here's Donald in today's IT:

Translated to Hibernian English I think that means that everything is hunkey dory
    I love them. My panic ebbs for a few minutes when I'm listening to them.
    Bring on the prosac.

RTE Radio 1 lunchtime news just ran a free 5 minute advert for a private clinic offering a deal on mole removal...

The next item was the dental cuts for Medical Card holders.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Did I hear a competition on the radio yesterday for a trip to watch rugby sponsored by a bank?

i.e. state sponsored
    Mr Lenihan said the guarantee was “the cheapest bailout” compared with bank rescues in other countries, including the UK and the US, where “billions and billions of taxpayers’ money are being poured into financial institutions” - October 24 2008

Page 1 of 159 1231151101 ... LastLast