Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 437

Thread: The Gay Rights Movement - News and Views

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...
    Posts
    13,555

    Default Re: The Gay Rights Movement - News and Views

    Quote Originally Posted by Griska View Post
    Oh dear.
    Is she advocating the bombing of San Francisco?
    We shall stop Glitterati in their steps

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...
    Posts
    13,555

    Default Re: The Gay Rights Movement - News and Views

    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2011/09/19...-gay-marriage/

    Looks like gay marriage could be a reality in the near future . Fair play to Labour.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    116

    Default Re: The Gay Rights Movement - News and Views

    Quote Originally Posted by fluffybiscuits View Post
    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2011/09/19...-gay-marriage/

    Looks like gay marriage could be a reality in the near future . Fair play to Labour.
    Good!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...
    Posts
    13,555

    Default Re: The Gay Rights Movement - News and Views

    Well if only Irelnad would follow suit

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    116

    Default Re: The Gay Rights Movement - News and Views

    Quote Originally Posted by fluffybiscuits View Post
    Well if only Irelnad would follow suit
    Its a slow process but it will happen.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wash DC
    Posts
    8,654

    Default Re: The Gay Rights Movement - News and Views

    Long after UK, Israeli, and many other militaries have permitted gays to openly serve, US will formally end the controversial DADT, Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, policy today. It was a Bill Clinton compromise.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...ffK_story.html
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...
    Posts
    13,555

    Default Re: The Gay Rights Movement - News and Views

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    Long after UK, Israeli, and many other militaries have permitted gays to openly serve, US will formally end the controversial DADT, Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, policy today. It was a Bill Clinton compromise.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...ffK_story.html
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...all_&#comments

    Love the comments section on there! They are mostly supportive of the right of the DADT and bar a few minor idiots its going to progress nicely. Fair play to Obama he is going to be held in high esteem by other liberals for his progressive policies its about time USA got brought smack bang up to date with this policy! Do you have any other editorials Bobulescu I could read on the issue? How is it being reported over all over there?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wash DC
    Posts
    8,654

    Default Re: The Gay Rights Movement - News and Views

    Everyone is covering it to some extent. It is not a surprise. It was announced over the summer that the policy would be formally ended in September. There may have been editorials then. Here’s two more WaPo pieces (read the inscription on the gravestone). NYT has it front page as well, but showing only 23 comments which seems odd, or take your pick from Google News.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...TCgK_blog.html

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...g.html?hpid=z4
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...
    Posts
    13,555

    Default Re: The Gay Rights Movement - News and Views

    Excellent quote from that last blog that sums it up nicely
    In Virginia, a couple celebrated the end of the “pronoun game,” in which one of them had to continually refer to a fictitious “she” in his life. In Vermont, a Navy officer and his partner got married at the stroke of midnight, and the Navy officer wore his uniform to the ceremony.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown
    Posts
    8,498

    Default Re: The Gay Rights Movement - News and Views

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    Long after UK, Israeli, and many other militaries have permitted gays to openly serve, US will formally end the controversial DADT, Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, policy today. It was a Bill Clinton compromise.
    Good news, at least some progress is being made on something.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wash DC
    Posts
    8,654

    Default Re: The Gay Rights Movement - News and Views

    Quote Originally Posted by fluffybiscuits View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...all_&#comments

    Love the comments section on there! They are mostly supportive of the right of the DADT and bar a few minor idiots its going to progress nicely. Fair play to Obama he is going to be held in high esteem by other liberals for his progressive policies its about time USA got brought smack bang up to date with this policy! Do you have any other editorials Bobulescu I could read on the issue? How is it being reported over all over there?
    More on DADT.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...g.html?hpid=z3

    There were also radio and tv reports, not currently online, that I may post here or in the US media thread at the weekend.
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...
    Posts
    13,555

    Default Re: The Gay Rights Movement - News and Views

    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2011/09/21...-gay-bullying/

    Very sad case of a young boy whom killed himself after being taunted by school children. This is the type of thing we need to be instigating in schools ,a campaign to educate the kids that this type of bullying is not acceptable at all.

    Other story below made my heart melt, lovely tale.


    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2011/09/20...eo-on-youtube/

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...
    Posts
    13,555

    Default Re: The Gay Rights Movement - News and Views

    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2011/09/23...ential-debate/

    Presidential candidates said they would bring back Dont ask, Dont Tell

    A gay soldier who submitted a question to a Republican presidential debate was booed by the audience.

    Former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum answered the soldier’s question and declared that he would bring back the ban.
    Two steps forward and one step back me thinks...

  14. #44

    Default Re: The Gay Rights Movement - News and Views

    During the Republican Party debate yesterday Rick Santorum attacked gay Americans serving in the military and the debate audience booed "gays in the military" Rick Santorum never served in the military.

    Mitt Romney dodged the Vietnam War draft because he was busy shoving Mormonism down the throats of Europeans. Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich dodged the draft using student deferments as their excuse.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown
    Posts
    8,498

    Default Re: The Gay Rights Movement - News and Views

    Quote Originally Posted by DemandEquality View Post
    Rick Santorum never served in the military.

    Mitt Romney dodged the Vietnam War draft because he was busy shoving Mormonism down the throats of Europeans. Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich dodged the draft using student deferments as their excuse.
    oh, just great.

    Well, with any luck, there are enough grateful minorities in the US to swing Obama's re-election. Including LGBT groups, of course.

    Mind you, what do we expect from the Republicans

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Share us
Follow Us