Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which State has the Lowest Age of Consent in the World?

Default Which State has the Lowest Age of Consent in the World?

Yes, you guessed it. The Vatican. 12 is the age of consent. Never been changed. When Italy changed from aged 12 to 16, the Vatican decided to leave well enough alone........

Yes, I know. Only cardinals under the age of 80 can vote, and yes, I know, there are only 500 citizens, but 600 crimes committed each year. The highest in any country! And they are only the ones caught!

I think I've just been excommunicated, again.
    Other people have a nationality. The Jews and the Irish have a psychosis: Brendan Behan

Default Re: Which State has the Lowest Age of Consent in the World?

%)&)%^&$(% hell.

AAARGGGHHHH.

Enjoy your excommunication, Buddha. There are other, saner churches.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Yes, you guessed it. The Vatican.
    Wrong, that'd be Angola and Bolivia, where the age of consent is indeed 12.

(mind you, few states don't have any such laws)

12 is the age of consent.
    Wrong again. The age of consent in Vatican City is the same as that of Italy, 14.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post

Wrong again. The age of consent in Vatican City is the same as that of Italy, 14.
    So why was Berlusconi in trouble for consorting with Ruby the Heartstealer...she was allegedly 17, not 18...

Somefing's not quite right 'ere......

Wrong, that'd be Angola and Bolivia, where the age of consent is indeed 12.

(mind you, few states don't have any such laws)

No, it's 12. Italy is 16. You are wrong. I should have said European States perhaps.
    Other people have a nationality. The Jews and the Irish have a psychosis: Brendan Behan

No, it's 12. Italy is 16. You are wrong. I should have said European States perhaps.
    Want me to read it out?

The Vatican does not have its own separate criminal code. Instead, in matters of criminal law, as per Article 3 of the "Law of the Source of Law" (one of the six fundamental laws adopted upon ratification of the Lateran Treaty in 1929) the Vatican State generally uses current Italian national law, as well as regional and municipal laws for Rome, as long as they do not conflict with ecclesiastical law or laws specifically promulgated by Pope for the Vatican.[59] As a result, the age of consent is the same as that of Italy. Before January 1, 2009, the adoption by the Vatican of changes made by Italy in its laws was automatic. After this date, the Vatican adoption of changes in Italian law is no longer automatic but comes into effect only after a review. However, as Italy adopted its present age of consent before January 1, 2009, this change in Vatican policy does not affect the age of consent in Vatican City, which remains the same as that of Italy, 14.

The claim is sometimes made that "In the Vatican State, there is an equal age of consent set at 12 years of age", but this is incorrect. In 1929, when the Lateran Treaty was signed, the age of consent in Italy was 12,, and this was indeed adopted by the Vatican. However, as stated above, the rise in the Italian age of consent applied automatically to the Vatican City.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by morticia View Post
    So why was Berlusconi in trouble for consorting with Ruby the Heartstealer...she was allegedly 17, not 18...
    Prostitution, different kettle of fish.

Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi has been indicted to stand trial on charges of paying for sex with an under-age prostitute and abuse of power.

Just checked and Wiki is wrong and what did you mean "wrong again"? Are we keeping scores of what posters are correct and not correct or is this the "I had a classical education/ you are a working class pleb" scenario being played out, again.

I got my information from an "IQ" rerun yesterday. Oh, how common of me!

Bacause you were wrong on three accounts, my dear.

The Countries with the lowest age of consent are Angola and Bolivia, the age of consent in Vatican City is 14, not 12 and the age of consent in Italy is 14, not 16.

"The age of consent in Italy is 14 years, with a close-in-age exception that allows those aged 13 to engage in sexual activity with partners who are less than 3 years older. The age of consent rises to 16 if one of the participants has some kind of influence on the other (e.g. teacher, tutor, adoptive parent)."

And this applies to the Vatican.
    Last edited by C. Flower; 20-08-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Do not dare refer to me as "my dear", you patronising fool. And I maintain, you are wrong, my dear.

Just checked and Wiki is wrong
    How so and would you care to prove it then? Wikipedia is certainly not always right and often biased indeed, especially when it comes to matters open to opinion. However, I do trust Wiki when it comes to something simple such as the citation of statute books.

Do not dare refer to me as "my dear", you patronising fool.
    My apologies.

There are some very terrible crimes committed in the Vatican but I can't imagine that under-age sex is often one of them. I would expect any of the residents who were so inclined would go elsewhere and (for so long as they were dressed at all) to wear mufti. On the whole there are greater worries in the world than this, entertaining though it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_t View Post
    There are some very terrible crimes committed in the Vatican but I can't imagine that under-age sex is often one of them.
    I absolutely agree, however, the thread title seems to be a disguise for yet another Vatican-bashing thread. As if the Vatican is full of 11 year old boys only waiting for their 12th birthday so they can rush to the priests' pleasure.

The Countries with the lowest age of consent are Angola and Bolivia, the age of consent in Vatican City is 14, not 12 and the age of consent in Italy is 14, not 16.

"The age of consent in Italy is 14 years, with a close-in-age exception that allows those aged 13 to engage in sexual activity with partners who are less than 3 years older. The age of consent rises to 16 if one of the participants has some kind of influence on the other (e.g. teacher, tutor, adoptive parent)."

And this applies to the Vatican.
    Presidents ?

This came up on a thread here before. We got it wrong then too. It's quoted everywhere as fact, so its a mistake easily made.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast