Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cork City Councillor calls for ban on burkas and hoodies

Default Re: Cork City Councillor calls for ban on burkas and hoodies

Quote Originally Posted by FIVE View Post
    That photo always makes me sick
    All that's missing is the firing squad .

I thought it was a publicity shot for a Three Stooges remake at first. And then saw Callely The Younger and realised it was the standard Fianna Fail establishing shot prepatory to an assault on expenses.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

IT is not clear why Cork city councillor Joe O’Callaghan has chosen to lob a political grenade into the public domain at this point.
    In calling for a ban on burkas — or full face veils — the Fine Gael councillor has opened up a pandora’s box.

He has two objections to burkas. First, they are an "affront to women" and are incompatible with modern society and, second, on security grounds.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...#ixzz1VWeCk5ZX

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

A lot of women chooose to wear the burqa or the hijab its not rocket science. He can see this for himself if he comes to Dublin. I think personally he has failed to understand the devotion some women give up to wearing a hijab or burqa.

I've a couple of hoodies, I wear them when I'm out mucking about walking the dog etc. They come in handy, if its cold / when it rains. If I wanted to cover my face for what ever reason I'd wear a Balaclava. That Councillior's only an idiot for wanting to ban hoddies, he jumping on the UK riot bandwagon.

People Korps Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fluffybiscuits View Post
    A lot of women chooose to wear the burqa or the hijab its not rocket science. He can see this for himself if he comes to Dublin. I think personally he has failed to understand the devotion some women give up to wearing a hijab or burqa.
    Not to mention the long winding route to taking up the hoodie for many women. Some think they are essential when jogging in Autumnal breezes and winter frost. that's women for yeh! am I right nudge? nudge wink wink.

Quote Originally Posted by people korps View Post
    not to mention the long winding route to taking up the hoodie for many women. Some think they are essential when jogging in autumnal breezes and winter frost. That's women for yeh! Am i right nudge? Nudge wink wink.
    *oh have you seen my pauls botique hoodie, its devine!" ...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fing Fers View Post
    I've a couple of hoodies, I wear them when I'm out mucking about walking the dog etc. They come in handy, if its cold / when it rains. If I wanted to cover my face for what ever reason I'd wear a Balaclava. ...
    Walking the dog in cold weather wont get you any attention from anyone anytime. If however, you were in a group, swaggering in a high crime area with some loud mates acting like you , and you alone, have a right to be out in public, then law abiding citizens would give you a wide berth and hope to god there were some guards nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Walking the dog in cold weather wont get you any attention from anyone anytime. If however, you were in a group, swaggering in a high crime area with some loud mates acting like you , and you alone, have a right to be out in public, then law abiding citizens would give you a wide berth and hope to god there were some guards nearby.
    That is all to do with peoples perceptions though . Its like some old man in a trench coat if he started sitting near a school reading his newspaper people would jump to the conclusion he is a paedo. People have freedom in this country to wear what they want and as long as its not to the detriment of others I dont really see where the issue is.As long as they are not going out with t shirts with offensive slogans such as racism or homophobia or something like that it shouldnt matter to people. I think people in Ireland are making it their business to be involved in other peoples business and for a country which is land of the villages of the squinting windows it seems like a natural progression to a nanny state of sorts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123