Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cork City Councillor calls for ban on burkas and hoodies

Default Re: Cork City Councillor calls for ban on burkas and hoodies

Thats why they became popular in the US and UK. Soon as the CCTV started appearing everywhere that is when hoodies became popular. Nobody likes being spied on even if they aren't planning any mischief.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

Anyone who claims that hoods are not worn by hoods in order to prevent identification is in denial and takes the rest of us for idiots. I have seen the chavs being interviewed on English TV and they were clearly using their hoods as a disguise. It is not only in shops that people are assaulted by gangsters but in public streets. Aping American inner-city black ghetto styles and rapper racist and anti-women stars and then making our own cities no-go areas is a phenomenon civilized people abhor. It can and should be criminalized in the interests of public safety.

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Anyone who claims that hoods are not worn by hoods in order to prevent identification is in denial and takes the rest of us for idiots. I have seen the chavs being interviewed on English TV and they were clearly using their hoods as a disguise. It is not only in shops that people are assaulted by gangsters but in public streets. Aping American inner-city black ghetto styles and rapper racist and anti-women stars and then making our own cities no-go areas is a phenomenon civilized people abhor. It can and should be criminalized in the interests of public safety.
    It is impinging on rights I feel why start telling people what they can and cannot wear? This harks back to the days when women wearing trousers was a big issue. I disagree with your point but I do think that there should be preventative measures in place such as a law that allows kids to wear what they want but if the intent is proven that they are using such items to commit a crime it could automatically be seen as an accessory to crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Well View Post
    COUNCILLORS in Cork city will be urged to support a motion calling on the Justice Minister to ban burkas and give gardaí the power to order youths to remove their hoodies.

The controversial motion, which will be debated in City Hall next month, is to be lodged by former lord mayor Joe O’Callaghan.

The Fine Gael councillor said burkas had been banned in France and Belgium and it was "high time" the Government here followed suit.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland...#ixzz1VQopYgr0

More controversy from the Master of Council Co-options

http://electionsireland.org/candidate.cfm?ID=4499
    Why did I know that?

Like most public representatives, this councillor is ignorant about his constituency. One of Cork's most famous adopted sons was a hoodie – there's even a statue of him on "Saint" Patrick Street. Father Theobald Mathew the "Apostle of Temperance" was a member of the Capuchin order. The Capuchins are a splinter group from the Franciscans. When established in 1525, this new order adopted a hood or cappuccio as part of its habit to identify itself, hence the name. These hoodies have been at it for centuries – even feeding and providing food parcels for the poorest in Cork and Dublin to this very day. Off with their hoods!

Another popular hoodie was Capuchin Padre Pio. CCTV would be no defence against this bucko hooded or not. He apparently had the "gift" of bilocation – a superpower that not even Superman posessed, so he could always be his own alibi. Yet only one body was found upon his death. He could still be out there all hooded up, down with the poor and da kidz.

Since the future of civilization is apparently at risk by the presence or absence of headgear, it is easily dealt with. Were Kenny and his gang of assorted hideous gombeens and fashion criminals to start wearing hoodies, the fashion would die out almost immediately with everyone else. Of course hoodies would be replaced by something else. Then we could talk about how the future of civilization is apparently is at risk by the presence or absence of an ominous new style of headgear.

The gang colours of an international hoodie gang with a member portrayed displaying a typical gang signal.

Last edited by Justin Casey; 19-08-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    Why did I know that?
    I knew it too. Perhaps it's the Blueshirt legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Casey View Post
    Like most public representatives, this councillor is ignorant about his constituency. One of Cork's most famous adopted sons was a hoodie – there's even a statue of him on "Saint" Patrick Street. Father Theobald Mathew the "Apostle of Temperance" was a member of the Capuchin order. The Capuchins are a splinter group from the Franciscans. When established in 1525, this new order adopted a hood or cappuccio as part of its habit to identify itself, hence the name. These hoodies have been at it for centuries – even feeding and providing food parcels for the poorest in Cork and Dublin to this very day. Off with their hoods!

Another popular hoodie was Capuchin Padre Pio. CCTV would be no defence against this bucko hooded or not. He apparently had the "gift" of bilocation – a superpower that not even Superman posessed, so he could always be his own alibi. Yet only one body was found upon his death. He could still be out there all hooded up, down with the poor and da kidz.

Since the future of civilization is apparently at risk by the presence or absence of headgear, it is easily dealt with. Were Kenny and his gang of assorted hideous gombeens and fashion criminals to start wearing hoodies, the fashion would die out almost immediately with everyone else. Of course hoodies would be replaced by something else. Then we could talk about how the future of civilization is apparently is at risk by the presence or absence of an ominous new style of headgear.

The gang colours of an international hoodie gang with a member portrayed displaying a typical gang signal.

Brilliant. Them feckin' hoodies with their iBibles and their choral music bangin' away out of their mobile telephones.... the revolution will not be evangelised.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

Hoods = criminal.

Have people taken leave of their senses?
    "This isn't working,
    My middle-brow f**ker"

People Korps Guest

I think perhaps you are onto something, if we could sell Capuchin hoodies to the Yoof then people would generally think they were giving to charity instead of been boosted....

People Korps Guest

As an order the Capuchins are admirable

Father Theobald Mathew the "Apostle of Temperance" was a member of the Capuchin order.
    A man famed in Cork song -

The smell from Patrick's bridge is wicked
    How does Father Matthew stick it?
    Here's up 'em all says the boys of Fair Hill.

They had the same problem with hats back in the day apparently. Some hatties from the 1920-s - 1930's era;

That photo always makes me sick

I know. It fascinates me and says so much about the little pryck in the foreground. And the style of Fianna Fail.

Wonder how his dream of 'one day owning a home of my own' is coming along.

Quote Originally Posted by culmore View Post
    dont know anything about the man, but have to agree with ,ask the Gardai about the hubbies and joy riding and the old aged pensioners who have been mugged by persons with huddies
    My 14 year old grandson won't leave the house in civvies if he is not wearing a hoodie. He is a grade A student and never been in trouble. And my 6 year old grandson will not leave the house unless he is wearing a hoodie and he can spell and write correctly "Grand Theft Auto" although he pronounces it "Grafadado".

I am tempted to start wearing a burka myself as it will save on the effort of creating the work of fiction in make-up everytime I go out.

All the councillors should turn up at the next meeting wearing hoodies and burkas. That's what I'd do.
    Other people have a nationality. The Jews and the Irish have a psychosis: Brendan Behan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast