Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fianna Fail - The Wilderness Years

Default Re: Fianna Fail - The Wilderness Years - Why Micheal Martin Messed Up Over Gaybo and the Presidency

I heard that political broadcast on behalf of Gallagher. Alison O'Connor is a disgrace to her pretend profession.

If Gallagher doesn't win the election, he will be the next leader of Fianna Fail.

Default Re: Fianna Fail - The Wilderness Years - Why Micheal Martin Messed Up Over Gaybo and the Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by Binn Beal View Post

If Gallagher doesn't win the election, he will be the next leader of Fianna Fail.
    Now there's a thought.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8seHcFD8tbo"]FF vehemently deny they are crap - YouTube[/ame]

It's a good slogan for Fianna Fail:

"The Party That's Better Than Dog Crap."

But who'll believe it?

Default Re: Fianna Fail - The Wilderness Years

Tubridy shall be continuing the flogging of the horse with Micheál tonight

Tubridy and Micheal Martin about to shoot a few bolts of lightning through the corpse

A couple of twitches from the monster and a smell of burning. Forget it lads

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    Very much agree with that. FF's only philosophy that I can detect was to feed its continuance through patronage and that parish pump patronage was installed in Dublin through the Oireachtas.

FF still has a pulse however uncertain and that is in the local councillors which is why in 2014 that lowest rung of the FF ladder should be removed. Then I'll call FF finished once and for all.
    If I could find a job and am still around, I'd be inclined to run locally just to take some minimal votes off of them and their mates in 'power'. I would hope someone like you would come back to run though. Local elections are the only ones with any dignity in that they are part time community roles. The main problem with them though is that they are not very powerful positions. You cannot convene democratic empowered citizens assemblies, the local authority has no serious taxing powers. Ireland's power structure is too centralized.

There is also a general fear of young people that by getting involved in politics they will alienate themselves from their friends and family. I have that feeling meself. You know the type of person they fear you'd become: the local gombeen shoeshiner after the expenses. We all know the snivelling types and it makes us hate the system and do nothing, when really we should at least eradicate such people from the system by taking votes off them.

Quote Originally Posted by FIVE View Post
    Now there's a thought.
    I doubt it. McGuinness buried his political career. If there's one mistake people won't make again it is falling for the envelope culture.

The February FF Ard Fheis has to be a turning point for Martin if FF are to have any sort of revival.

Martin thinks he can just sit it out and watch his popularity grow as FG/Lab make the cuts coming. What he doesn't realise is that no member of the 1997-2011 FF cabinets will ever be Taoiseach in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    The February FF Ard Fheis has to be a turning point for Martin if FF are to have any sort of revival.

Martin thinks he can just sit it out and watch his popularity grow as FG/Lab make the cuts coming. What he doesn't realise is that no member of the 1997-2011 FF cabinets will ever be Taoiseach in the future.
    He may well be right. The evidence shows that we're more than a bit thick when let lose on a ballot paper. 2011 was the ABFF election, 2015 could easily become the AB the current crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    He may well be right. The evidence shows that we're more than a bit thick when let lose on a ballot paper. 2011 was the ABFF election, 2015 could easily become the AB the current crowd.
    FF will never return to power with Martin at the helm.

A general election campaign in 2016 with Martin will be like a re-run of the Presidential election. . . .except with the media focussing mainly on his past rather than the past of seven candidates. It'll be open season.

Has Martin ever apologised to the Irish people for the state FF left the country in?

No - and I doubt he ever will.

Furthermore many do not appreciate the cheek of the man opposing cuts like child benefit that he supported a year ago.

lolz

The new FF members magazine.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/76133961/Cuisle-Edition-01

Same old excuses. Same old delusion

To people of my generation,Fianna Fáil is widely seen as the party that brought us to our knees economically, and many would discourage association with the party because of this.
    However, with many of these young people living lavish lifestyles, they do not give Fianna Fáil credit for bringing our nation to the previous dizzying heights of the Celtic Tiger,which allowed them and their families to live in such a way.

Comedy gold!

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast