Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insha'Allah

Default Re: Insha'Allah

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    I'm also wondering where there arms are coming from, as they are moving from mainly having roadside bombs to more sophisticated stuff.
    There might have been maybe one, certainly not more than two Taliban fighters directly involved in bringing this helicopter down. And probably they staked the area out over a long period - basically they took notes of US helicopter activity elsewhere... it's approach, landing - where it landed, and it's speed.. and devised a plan. Plant some 'intelligence' with their Afghan friends and it's only a matter of seeing if US Special Forces bite.

Dug into the side of a valley and with enough supplies of water, some hard tack and only a few rockets it's just a matter of waiting ....

This shows great discipline and patience ... something the Afghans have in abundance.
    Give me a misty day, pearly gray, silver, silky faced, wide-awake crescent-shaped smile

Yanks didn't go for the old Brits favourite in South Armagh then.

'A helicopter was forced to make an emergency landing after coming under light arms fire near Cullyhanna.

Meanwhile in Germany....................................'
    http://ancruiskeenlawnmower.wordpress.com/

If dreams were lightning, thunder was desire, this whole place would have burned down, a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 5intheface View Post
    Yanks didn't go for the old Brits favourite in South Armagh then.

'A helicopter was forced to make an emergency landing after coming under light arms fire near Cullyhanna.

Meanwhile in Germany....................................'

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=69WwuvAf_PQ"]‪The Chinook Song‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
    "Do not be misled by the promises of politicians. Remember that the whole history of Ireland is a record of betrayals by politicians and statesmen, and remembering this, spurn their lying promises and stand up for a United Ireland - an Ireland broad based upon the union of Labour and Nationality." - James Connolly.

The wife of dead US Navy seal Aaron Vaughn is very forthcoming. I hope the people of Afghanistan read this:

"I want to tell the world that he was an amazing man, that he was a wonderful husband, and a fabulous father to two wonderful children," she said. "He was a warrior for Christ and he was a warrior for our country and he wouldn't want to leave this Earth any other way than how he did."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/08/07/afg...hp_p1&iref=NS1
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    The wife of dead US Navy seal Aaron Vaughn is very forthcoming. I hope the people of Afghanistan read this:
    Why ?
    "History will record. . . that we were victims of the most monstrous
    frame-up of our country. . . .We die with honor and dignity - knowing
    we must be vindicated by history."
    Ethel and Julius Rosenberg, June 1953

"I want to tell the world that he was an amazing man, that he was a wonderful husband, and a fabulous father to two wonderful children," she said. "He was a warrior for Christ and he was a warrior for our country and he wouldn't want to leave this Earth any other way than how he did."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/08/07/afg...hp_p1&iref=NS1
    Two different versions there of what happened. One that they went to help troops pinned down by the Taliban, and the other that they were on a mission that had been planned days in advance. Another family said that they would maintain secrecy. It seems that they all chat on the phone to their families about their secret missions.

'warrior for christ'? Only if the putative christ has shares in General Electric. These people are no better than the muslim fanatics.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

Last edited by C. Flower; 08-08-2011 at 12:28 PM.

"he wouldn't want to leave this Earth any other way than how he did."
    Hurtling to the ground roaring "fuuuuuuuu**k!", incinerated in an aviation fuel fire or mangled by crushed metal. Given the choice he would probably have gone for a more pleasent way to die. I've seen bodies pulled out of helicopter crashes and doubt that anyone would want to die like that.
    "Do not be misled by the promises of politicians. Remember that the whole history of Ireland is a record of betrayals by politicians and statesmen, and remembering this, spurn their lying promises and stand up for a United Ireland - an Ireland broad based upon the union of Labour and Nationality." - James Connolly.

I'm also wondering where there arms are coming from, as they are moving from mainly having roadside bombs to more sophisticated stuff.
    If it was a Stinger, then the Taliban have access to them as Mullah Omar refused to sell his stash back to the CIA . If it was a RPG then the world's awash with those. Other arms come from the Iranians and the Pakistanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsedmethodist View Post
    If it was a Stinger, then the Taliban have access to them as Mullah Omar refused to sell his stash back to the CIA . If it was a RPG then the world's awash with those. Other arms come from the Iranians and the Pakistanis.
    Rocket launched grenade is what I read.

Rocket launched grenade is what I read.
    RPG, Rocket Propelled Grenade... My money is on the Strela ("the premier Russian export line"), the neighbouring former Soviet Republics are awash with those.
    Last edited by TotalMayhem; 08-08-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Kev Bar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    RPG, Rocket Propelled Grenade... My money is on the Strela ("the premier Russian export line"), the neighbouring former Soviet Republics are awash with those.
    A strela wld not be classed as an RPG though...but I suppose they might not know that.

Cathasiagh ... that song belongs in the red neck bars you'd find outside the bases of the Texas National Guard. The worst excesses of colonialism pale in comparasion to those locker room provos.
    Jesus: The Wolfe Tones on the Mountjoy heli escapade are positively up Dylan's St next to that.
    Last edited by Kev Bar; 08-08-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Bar View Post
    A strela wld not be classed as an RPG though...but I suppose they might not know that.
    I was only referring to the previous responses. RPGs are usually anti-tank weapons. Strela is a heat-seeking missile, not a grenade.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    I was only referring to the previous responses. RPGs are usually anti-tank weapons. Strela is a heat-seeking missile, not a grenade.
    And RPGs, apparently, are ridiculously unreliable when fired into the air.
    "This isn't working,
    My middle-brow f**ker"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast