These Site Rules are a brief summary of some key points to remember when posting here. All members will be asked to contribute to developing Forum Rules and to stick to them. If you need any help in using the site, ask a moderator, administrator or experienced poster, by pm or on the thread.
This is a community driven forum, the more you put in, the more we all get out. Rules will be amended and added to as needed to cater for new issues. Give your feedback if you think changes are needed.
All members are responsible for their own posts and should not use anonymity to post anything they would not be prepared to stand over under their own name.
The purpose of the Site Rules is to allow good quality, constructive debate, in which political views are freely expressed with a consistent focus on "the ball, not the man".
When posting, please observe the rules below.
1) Think before you post. Experienced posters should help new posters with technical and general advice on posting. All members should contribute to developing the site.
2) No Libelous Posting: people commented on are entitled to their good name unless proven otherwise – check your facts and back up your views with reliable linked sources.
3) No "outing" of poster identities, whether on this or other sites: outing is a banning offence.
4) No Muppetry, Puppetry, Flaming, Picture Spam,Trolling, Abuse, Misogeny or Racism. We can all express opinions with out resorting to any of them. Please be civil, even in heated debate. This site does not allow pms to be used for abuse. Any offending posters will be barred from pmming.
5) No Advertising, Spamming or Shilling. Contact the admins if you want to arrange advertising space. Spammers will be site-banned, hunted down and used as test subjects.
6) No "recruitment" drives by direct contact with Site Members. Official sites can be linked and public meetings publicised, but permission of the Admin is needed before "recruitment" threads/posts.
7) No Porn, Rick Rollin or abuse or illegal posting of any kind.
8) No Posting of Copyrighted Material. Please do not post copyrighted material in this forum – if available on line, link it instead. By all means suggest an article is someone asks, but don't post an article. Also, please source or reference anything you do post.
9) We’re Here Because We’re Here -
Other forums are interesting too, but prolonged discussion of other forums should be taken to those sites or to an Indymedia report.
10) Violent images where used should be treated with care and respect, linked only, not of anyone recently dead as people may not have been informed, should be accurately captioned and not used as spam or in a jokey or hateful/inciting way.
11) The Moderator and Administrator’s Decision is final. Don’t argue at length with the mod. Take general points to "Feedback and Questions" forum and open them up for discussion.
Rules will be updated from time to time, please watch for updates.
Politicalworld.org will not voluntarily provide your personal details to third parties without your consent, unless required by law. Your details are with the Administrators and are not available to Moderators.
We will take reasonable care of your details, but you are advised that if your anonymity is important to you, you should register using an identity- neutral email address and user name and protect your IP. No site can give 100% guarantee against hacking or accidental leakage.
You are advised to consider carefully before posting or otherwise sharing any personal information on the site.