Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Church Walk Out over Priest's "Jewish and Non-Practising" Jibe at Slatter

Default Church Walk Out over Priest's "Jewish and Non-Practising" Jibe at Slatter

A number of mass-goers walked out of Saturday mass at the Black Abbey, Kilkenny City, after Fr. Eddie Conway called Alan Shatter, Minister for Justice, a "Jewish, non-practicing, atheist".

Conway said, according to someone who walked out, that the "scandal was a bad thing, but there was a bigger agenda, set by people who have a vested interest against the Church, including Shatter. He said that the child abuse scandal was bad, but there was a lot more going on.

Other local Dominicans rushed to disassociate themselves.

Does Conway fear a Jewish-Communist-Atheist Plot led by Shatter ??

There was a time when the church in Ireland was able to kick politicians into line, and get a good old anti-commie pogrom going. Is that over for good ?
    Last edited by C. Flower; 27-07-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Default Re: Church Walk Out over Priest's "Jewish and Non-Practising" Jibe at Slatter

Scratch the surface and you might find that anti-Semitism is integral to the Catholic tradition.

Default Re: Church Walk Out over Priest's "Jewish and Non-Practising" Jibe at Shatter

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    A number of mass-goers walked out of Saturday mass at the Black Abbey, Kilkenny City, after Fr. Eddie Conway called Alan Shatter, Minister for Justice, a "Jewish, non-practicing, atheist".

Conway said, according to someone who walked out, that the "scandal was a bad thing, but there was a bigger agenda, set by people who have a vested interest against the Church, including Shatter. He said that the child abuse scandal was bad, but there was a lot more going on.

Other local Dominicans rushed to disassociate themselves.

Does Conway fear a Jewish-Communist-Atheist Plot led by Shatter ??

There was a time when the church in Ireland was able to kick politicians into line, and get a good old anti-commie pogrom going. Is that over for good ?
    A non -practicing Jewish atheist, hmm? They're the worst kind. At least you'd have some time for the non -practicing Catholic atheists

Default Re: Church Walk Out over Priest's "Jewish and Non-Practising" Jibe at Slatter

Another one for the rapid American holiday .... weird accusation. Not just 'jewish' but even worse ... a non-practising jew ... is that better or worse? I'm hugely confused Ted.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

I guess Bertie 'Ashes' Ahern and Michael 'Genuflection' Woods are sadly missed in some parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    Another one for the rapid American holiday .... weird accusation. Not just 'jewish' but even worse ... a non-practising jew ... is that better or worse? I'm hugely confused Ted.
    Atheist, and a Jew.

Oh yeah ... a jewish non-practising atheist .... buh?

First they came for the muslim non-practising atheists, then they came for the jewish non-practising atheists and then everybody got a bit confused and went home.

Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

Default Re: Church Walk Out over Priest's "Jewish and Non-Practising" Jibe at Shatter

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyJoe McGillycuddy View Post
    A non -practicing Jewish atheist, hmm? They're the worst kind. At least you'd have some time for the non -practicing Catholic atheists
    Lads, I'm getting a headache trying to get the brain cell around all this...

On the plus side, should do wonders for Shatter's popularity in the Big Shmoke......

Have to say, crystal ball malfunctioning; didn't see the whole FG vs RCC thing coming at all at all.

Fair play, though....

This guy appears to be a Dominican .... and weren't they the chief hot-poker-holders during the Inquisition? Wonder will he reveal the source(s) that told him Shatter was a non-practicing atheist?
    Give me a misty day, pearly gray, silver, silky faced, wide-awake crescent-shaped smile

This breakdown of serene discipline across the church is absolutely brilliant. As an anticlerical atheist and proud of it I'd just like to thank that Dominican for our unexpected night off and also for the fulsome entertainment. If some kind nun could arrange a bowl of popcorn I'd be made up.

Last edited by Captain Con O'Sullivan; 27-07-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by morticia View Post
    Lads, I'm getting a headache trying to get the brain cell around all this...

On the plus side, should do wonders for Shatter's popularity in the Big Shmoke......

Have to say, crystal ball malfunctioning; didn't see the whole FG vs RCC thing coming at all at all.

Fair play, though....
    I wonder what he'll have to say about Ruari Quinn next Saturday

Kudos, principiis obsta.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    This breakdown of serene discipline across the church is absolutely brilliant. As an anticlerical atheist and proud of it I'd just like to thank that Dominican for our unexpected night off and also for the fulsome entertainment. If some kind nun could arrange a bowl of popcorn I'd be made up.

Alas, the mass persecution of the Immaculate spouse of Christ is beginning.... The perfidious, satanic Jews who think that they can get away with anything will have much horror to face on that Dreadful Day.. They will not be able to hide from Almighty God any longer.
    Quote above from a trad-cath forum! The burning question on that forum isn't, unsurprisingly, the protection of children - it's the 'soul' of the abuser!

What if an abuser couldn't confess his sin because of a law [breaking seal of confession] like this? Would God forgive him for it without confession?
    Give me a misty day, pearly gray, silver, silky faced, wide-awake crescent-shaped smile

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyJoe McGillycuddy View Post
    I wonder what he'll have to say about Ruari Quinn next Saturday
    "You'll burn in Hell!!!!!!!"

'Alas, the mass persecution of the Immaculate spouse of Christ is beginning.... The perfidious, satanic Jews who think that they can get away with anything will have much horror to face on that Dreadful Day.. They will not be able to hide from Almighty God any longer.'
    Whatever you do don't tell this one that Babby Jaysus would have been jewish fairly obviously, Andrew. It is likely to cause a faith backdraft resulting in a pietyexplode.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast