Thread: Nominations Due For SIPTU President and Vice President by July 28th

Post Nominations Due For SIPTU President and Vice President by July 28th

Nominations for SIPTU General President and Vice President close on July 29th.
    Last edited by C. Flower; 18-07-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Default Re: Nominations Due For SIPTU President and Vice President by July 28th

I'm curious. are any of the left critics of the union bureacracy/leaders seeking nominations for the National Officer posts ? Historically my old branch Electronics and Engineering always nominated an alternative "rank and file" candidate. Carolan Duggan,Des Derwin,Kierann Allen.
    The branch is gone now replaced by "sector committees" and a lot of us crusties were edged out. But what of the new generation, is anything happening ?

Jedward are heavily rumoured to be in the running ...
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    Jedward are heavily rumoured to be in the running ...
    Funnily enough my money would be on them to see off any competition
    Thomas Jefferson : Banking Establishments are More Dangerous to our Liberties than Standing Armies.

SIPTU is not my union, but I would hope members use the process as an opportunity to discuss the direction of the union and Trade Unionism in general.
    The unions were once powerful advocates for the working class.
    "This isn't working,
    My middle-brow f**ker"

Don't worry the union leadership will get their comeuppance when the government has finished slashing at private sector workers with taxes and reduced rights. If those eejits think they are safe with the Croke Park Agreement they have gravely miscalculated and then all hell will let loose when the public service realise they've no support from the general population either.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

Quote Originally Posted by Griska View Post
    SIPTU is not my union, but I would hope members use the process as an opportunity to discuss the direction of the union and Trade Unionism in general.
    The unions were once powerful advocates for the working class.
    One positive responce anyway

Is a beard a requirement before being nominated or do ya just have to grow one if ya get the gig on the pigs back?

Quote Originally Posted by Fugee View Post
    Is a beard a requirement before being nominated or do ya just have to grow one if ya get the gig on the pigs back?
    I'm not at all surprised at the number of Shane Ross fans in here.