Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ESM Treaty Signed Today - European Stability Mechanism Bill 2012 - Published today

Default ESM Treaty Signed Today - European Stability Mechanism Bill 2012 - Published today

We have got ourselves yet another new EU Treaty. No big song and dance no yes or no side just a Treaty without the consent of the people of the EU.

As Total Mayhem asked on another thread - That the treaty to legalise violations of the other treaty we had to vote on twice?

TREATY
    ESTABLISHING THE EUROPEAN STABILITY MECHANISM (ESM)
    BETWEEN THE KINGDOM OF BELGIUM, THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY,
    THE REPUBLIC OF ESTONIA, IRELAND, THE HELLENIC REPUBLIC,
    THE KINGDOM OF SPAIN, THE FRENCH REPUBLIC,
    THE ITALIAN REPUBLIC, THE REPUBLIC OF CYPRUS,
    THE GRAND DUCHY OF LUXEMBOURG, MALTA,
    THE KINGDOM OF THE NETHERLANDS, THE REPUBLIC OF AUSTRIA,
    THE PORTUGUESE REPUBLIC, THE REPUBLIC OF SLOVENIA,
    THE SLOVAK REPUBLIC, THE REPUBLIC OF FINLAND
    http://www.consilium.europa.eu/homep...&focusID=79757

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&...RLXHNgq1-DHKcA

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/SuMed...reaty%20en.pdf

<Changes to the Treaty 2012 and link to full text - http://www.consilium.europa.eu/uedoc...fin/127788.pdf -- CF >
    Last edited by ang; 08-05-2012 at 02:29 PM.
    Thomas Jefferson : Banking Establishments are More Dangerous to our Liberties than Standing Armies.

Default Re: ESM Treaty Signed Today

They aren't even trying to hide it any more. The entire European project has become a naked power grab over the minutiae of daily life by supremely arrogant - though also supremely stupid and incompetent - political parasites and their assorted corrupt cronies and hangers-on.

The entire political establishment is utterly corrupted now in all countries.There is only one way this can end. It's too late for any other outcome now.

Might take a few years yet but the way the Eurotrons are going about things can only result in a Europe-wide spree of lamppost decoration, eventually.

Ang, to be ratified it needs to pass by referendum. Found these interesting paragraphs

(4) If indispensable to safeguard the financial stability of the euro area as a whole, access to ESM
    financial assistance will be provided on the basis of strict economic policy conditionality
    under a macro-economic adjustment programme and a rigorous analysis of public-debt
    sustainability. The initial maximum lending volume of the ESM, after the complete run down
    of the EFSF, is set at EUR 500 000 million.
    (5) All euro area Member States will become ESM Members. As a consequence of joining the
    euro area, a Member State of the European Union should become an ESM Member with full
    rights and obligations, in line with those of the Contracting Parties.
    (6) The ESM will cooperate very closely with the International Monetary Fund ("IMF") in
    providing financial assistance. In all circumstances, active participation of the IMF will be
    sought, both at technical and financial level. A euro area Member State requesting financial
    assistance from the ESM is expected to address a similar request to the IMF.
    (7) Member States of the European Union whose currency is not the euro ("non euro area
    Member States") participating on an ad hoc basis alongside the ESM in a financial assistance
    operation for euro area Member States will be invited to participate, as observers, in the ESM
    meetings when this financial assistance and its monitoring will be discussed. They will have
    access to all information in a timely manner and be properly consulted.
    T/ESM/en 5
    Нооруз пиээ пурылыа выиттыа

'Our goal is to conquer state power for the Irish working class'
    Pat Rabitte, 1987

"Can I ask whether this is what the men of 1916 died for: a bailout from the German chancellor with a few shillings of sympathy from the British chancellor on the side?"
    Michael Noonan, November 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    They aren't even trying to hide it any more. The entire European project has become a naked power grab over the minutiae of daily life by supremely arrogant - though also supremely stupid and incompetent - political parasites and their assorted corrupt cronies and hangers-on.

The entire political establishment is utterly corrupted now in all countries.There is only one way this can end. It's too late for any other outcome now.

Might take a few years yet but the way the Eurotrons are going about things can only result in a Europe-wide spree of lamppost decoration, eventually.
    Bloody hope so.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

Quote Originally Posted by antiestablishmentarian View Post
    Ang, to be ratified it needs to pass by referendum. Found these interesting paragraphs
    Thanks anti but I read something a couple of weeks back that we (Ireland) would not need referendum to justify ESM, will have a rummage to see if I can find the article
    Thomas Jefferson : Banking Establishments are More Dangerous to our Liberties than Standing Armies.

Ok, but if this involves a constitutional change it will need one despite their attempts to avoid putting it before the people.
    Нооруз пиээ пурылыа выиттыа

'Our goal is to conquer state power for the Irish working class'
    Pat Rabitte, 1987

"Can I ask whether this is what the men of 1916 died for: a bailout from the German chancellor with a few shillings of sympathy from the British chancellor on the side?"
    Michael Noonan, November 2010

Quote Originally Posted by antiestablishmentarian View Post
    Ok, but if this involves a constitutional change it will need one despite their attempts to avoid putting it before the people.
    I agree anti but Government stance is that we don't need referendum. Found what I was looking for knew I had read somewhere it would only need Dail approval:-

Primary legislation will be required to enable Ireland to ratify the ESM Treaty and implement its decisions. Based on the existing text, the Attorney General’s Office has confirmed a referendum will not be required for the adoption of the ESM Treaty.
    http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2011/06/21/00064.asp

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    I agree anti but Government stance is that we don't need referendum. Found what I was looking for knew I had read somewhere it would only need Dail approval:-

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2011/06/21/00064.asp
    If someone disagrees, they can take a case to OUR INDEPENDENT JUDICIARY.

We had a discussion regarding a referendum on the ESM last year...

http://www.politicalworld.org/showthread.php?t=6025
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Are we not "The Republic of Ireland"?
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    Are we not "The Republic of Ireland"?
    Legally, no. Just "Ireland". Even though it's only part of Ireland. The idea that the gombeen statelet is a Republic is a fiction. One that everyone believes in, but a fiction nonetheless when looked at legally, constitutionally and from the view of international law.

Thank fupp- someone else has it. I keep telling people that the 'Republic' doesn't even legally exist in Irish law but I don't think they believe me even though it is mentioned up front in Kelly's 'Constitutional Law' and every Irish law student reads it.

It is a classic- even my old man when I told him said 'what about the Republic of Ireland Act 1948' (he used to be a journo and I think I realised in recent years why he quit in disgust) and I had to point out that act only codifies the 'republic of Ireland' as a translation of Eire which isn't marked down as a republic either in Irish law.

Sidewinder we must have been separated at birth. Most people I tell that to just look confused and then disbelieving. They'll do everything but walk into any decent bookshop and check.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

Actually I don't care what they sign. If there's no referendum it makes it easier to declare it null and void later.

given the coming resource shortages, signatures may be less and less important in the grand scheme of things anyway.

Yes- I think it is pretty much irrelevant now whatever cobs the politicos warm their hands by.

If they aren't going to recognise that power is being taken away from them by 'systemic' bank boardrooms then the politicians will end up as serfs the same as everyone else.

Mind you they'll be comfortably paid serfs. I don't give a damn what Enda Kenny or his seven dwarves sign up to at all. It can all be repudiated from Lisbon, bank guarantee onwards as a fraud anyway.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast