For me it is Education, Health and Welfare. If you follow the link above to the Exchequer Statement EOY2010 you'll see that a total of 33.4 billion (each falling from previous years and likely to continue this pattern) was spent on these three alone while the tax-take total for the same period was 34.4 billion (and expected to rise).
Also outlined there are the myriad of other expenditure items. What, if any, do posters feel should be the governments main focus of spending?
The choices of "priorities" (as per the statement and voted on) are;
- Agriculture, Fisheries and Food
- Arts, Sport and Tourism
- Communications, Energy and Natural Resources
- Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs
- Education and Science
- Enterprise, Trade and Employment
- Environment, Heritage and Local Government
- Finance Group
- Foreign Affairs
- Health and Children
- Justice Group
- Social and Family Affairs
- Taoiseach's Group (incl Legal Votes)