Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Special advisers list

Default Re: Special advisers list

List updated, with some extra background.

Should there be a list here Five?

First page?

Muchas

Fine Gael's new Director of Media & Research and SIPO guidelines on statements of interest added to the first page

James Reilly and his advisor are off to a good start. On a jolly to China

THE Department of Health insisted last night that Health Minister James Reilly's constituency fixer is paying the costs of his wife accompanying him on an official trip to China.

The Health Minister jetted off to China while problems mount in the health service.

Dr Reilly missed the Cabinet's first meeting after the summer break to go on the week-long trip abroad, which was not publicised in advance.

His low-profile visit is reminiscent of former Health Minister Mary Harney's infamous 'Superbowl' trip to the US four years ago, which Dr Reilly criticised.

Dr Reilly is not accompanied on the visit by any medical experts. Instead, he brought his private secretary and his politically-appointed parliamentary assistant, Fine Gael councillor Tom O'Leary.
    http://www.independent.ie/national-n...a-2865817.html
    Last edited by Dr. FIVE; 15-11-2011 at 02:38 AM. Reason: removed OP
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

I'm not 100% sure on this but it appears that on the 20th of August in The Irish Field newspaper Simon Coveney mentioned having a Racing Advisory Panel.
    I get the Irish Field every week but don't normally read it all so missed it and have thrown the paper out since.

The third post down on this Irish Racing blog is what alerted me to it.

According to the Irish Field Minister Coveney “is conscious that the industry is facing a number of problems and that the perception of it is often mistaken in the public arena.” The Minister stated: “Many comments come out of ignorance really, even though they are genuinely held views, that basically this is for the super wealthy.”

So will all you poor ignoramuses please give HRI and Brian Kavanagh a break!

The other interesting element is the Minister’s Racing Advisory Panel that “discuss the industry, to make sure that I am not missing things-people that I can ring up and ask are we doing this right, are we spending to much money in areas?”

{Why does every Minister require advisory panels or special advisers: are we paying monkeys in the civil service who are unable to think outside the box?}

The chosen few are Jim O’Keeffe, former minister and solicitor (well-known racing aficionado or loyal FG’er?), Eddie Irwin (Coolmore Stud), John Kingston (national hunt breeder), Willie Mullins (ambassador), Frances Crowley (retired trainer and sister-in-law of APO’B), Andrew Doyle (solicitor in legal firm of Maples & Calder and who, under the banner of Sports, Media & Entertainment services offer the following expertise: “We can tell you when it might be advantageous to establish a Cayman Islands, Irish or British Virgin Islands entity for the purpose of owning your interests and we can advise you how best to structure your licensing or distribution arrangements in different regions so as to maximise income from your assets”-just the civic spirit needed in these times) and Keira Kennedy (commercial marketing manager Leinster Rugby-do we not have the fragrant Irish Thoroughbred Marketing in place for this?; perhaps some inquisitive journalist might attempt to discover the levels of expenditure (salaries & expenses) being incurred here).
    http://www.irishracing.com/blog/blog...o-win-friends/

Nothing else can be found online.
    Last edited by Frankie Lee; 03-09-2011 at 03:44 PM.
    Do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Lee View Post
    I
    Why does every Minister require advisory panels or special advisers: are we paying monkeys in the civil service who are unable to think outside the box?
    Seems to me that the Special Advisers are just a means to reward the folk who helped the Minister get elected

I would love to know the purpose of the Reilly and co trip to China. Are they studying how to do less with less, or preparing for a HSE run by a communist government?
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Quote Originally Posted by FIVE View Post
    Dermot McCarthy, who is retiring, was appointed Secretary General to the Government in January 2000 and Secretary General of the Department in July 2001.
    And is receiving (drumroll) €114,000 a year and an immediate lump sum of €342,000.

Just reported on RTE

Looks like Dermo's nest egg has risen quite a bit since the first set of figures were released in April.

Perhaps it's compensation, as he was tipped to take over as ambassador to the Holy Sea?

Quote Originally Posted by FIVE View Post
    Just reported on RTE

Looks like Dermo's nest egg has risen quite a bit since the first set of figures were released in April.

Perhaps it's compensation, as he was tipped to take over as ambassador to the Holy Sea?
    After working hard all day for the likes of these people, reading that puts me off my tea. Its a sin to be paying out that amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Fing Fers View Post
    After working hard all day for the likes of these people, reading that puts me off my tea. Its a sin to be paying out that amount.
    Just be glad he was only a public servant. If he'd been private sector you'd be paying a hell of a lot more.

Eugene Sheehy gets pension of €526,000

Colm Doherty got a whopping €3,000,000 lotto retirement package.

Brian Goggin's pension runs to €65,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    Just be glad he was only a public servant. If he'd been private sector you'd be paying a hell of a lot more.

Eugene Sheehy gets pension of €526,000

Colm Doherty got a whopping €3,000,000 lotto retirement package.

Brian Goggin's pension runs to €65,000.
    None of these would be of our concern were it not for Lenihan, Cowen and co.

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    None of these would be of our concern were it not for Lenihan, Cowen and co.
    And neither of those would be our concern if we took our duty as citizens seriously when we're in the ballot box.

And neither of those would be our concern if we took our duty as citizens seriously when we're in the ballot box.
    very true

pity most people enter the ballot box with "what's in it for ME?" at the front of their brain

Thats the root of the cause right there alright, but whos more to blame citizens who vote or the politicians who tell lies in order to obtain votes?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast