Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holland responsible for Srebrenica deaths

Default Holland responsible for Srebrenica deaths

"Appeal court judges in the Netherlands have ruled that the Dutch state was responsible for the deaths of three Muslim men after the fall of Srebrenica during the Bosnian war, in a verdict that opens the door to compensation claims."
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...brenica-deaths

The Dutch soldiers failed to protect about 8.000 Muslim boys and men who were massacred in the so-called guaranteed safe enclave,
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...brenica-deaths

Although the Dutch soldiers made no effort to fight, they claim that fighting was not part of their duty because the Serb nationalists were better equipped.
    http://english.ntdtv.com/ntdtv_en/ne...-massacre.html

I well remember the unsoldier-like fear on the face of the Dutch commander, Colonel Karremans, when he was confronted by Mladic.

Dutch Commander Colonel Karremans having a cordial drink with Mladic

Default Re: Holland responsible for Srebrenica deaths

Ar least the Canuks showed a bit of bottle .. standing their ground in a 16 hour firefight at Medak Pocket.

Ireland's new EU partner would have ethnic cleansed many more if they had been allowed.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-AvcKJnx9I&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪The Ghosts of Medak Pocket - Part 1‬‏[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NaqIYPnJZ4&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪The Ghosts of Medak Pocket - Part 2‬‏[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6z4pD4jvM8&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪The Ghosts of Medak Pocket - Part 3‬‏[/ame]
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Gay Dutch soldiers responsible for Srebrenica massacre?

John Sheehan blamed "open homosexuality" in the Dutch army for the failure to prevent the Srebrenica massacre.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    Ar least the Canuks showed a bit of bottle .. standing their ground in a 16 hour firefight at Medak Pocket.

Ireland's new EU partner would have ethnic cleansed many more if they had been allowed.

YouTube - ‪The Ghosts of Medak Pocket - Part 1‬‏

YouTube - ‪The Ghosts of Medak Pocket - Part 2‬‏

YouTube - ‪The Ghosts of Medak Pocket - Part 3‬‏
    Embedding disabled by request.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Embedding disabled by request.
    Bizarre. It seems that no Canadian youtube stuff can be viewed in Ireland.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    Bizarre. It seems that no Canadian youtube stuff can be viewed in Ireland.
    Oh, you can watch it alright, embedding disabled just means you cannot watch it here (embedded by the forum software), you'll have to watch it on youtube.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    Gay Dutch soldiers responsible for Srebrenica massacre?

John Sheehan blamed "open homosexuality" in the Dutch army for the failure to prevent the Srebrenica massacre.
    I think it is disengenious and potentially malevolent when people attempt to clothe their personal moral hobby horses with convenient collapses of moral courage. The Dutch cowarded out at Srebrenica. With their nation's 20thC history that was far from excusable especially when seriously casualty inducing force could have been devastated by the available airpower had they made a principled stand. I think that the sexual orientation of the troops is about as relevant as the soccer allegiance of the troops. There was a f--k up on the ground but it was most likely a f--k up directed from the Dutch parliament which ultimately gave the orders.
    "Do not be misled by the promises of politicians. Remember that the whole history of Ireland is a record of betrayals by politicians and statesmen, and remembering this, spurn their lying promises and stand up for a United Ireland - an Ireland broad based upon the union of Labour and Nationality." - James Connolly.

Dutch prosecutors say they won't prosecute the retired general who commanded Dutch peacekeepers in the Bosnian enclave of Srebrenica when Bosnian Serb fighters overran the town and massacred some 8,000 Muslim men and boys. Source
    Give me a misty day, pearly gray, silver, silky faced, wide-awake crescent-shaped smile

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew49 View Post
    Dutch prosecutors say they won't prosecute the retired general who commanded Dutch peacekeepers in the Bosnian enclave of Srebrenica when Bosnian Serb fighters overran the town and massacred some 8,000 Muslim men and boys. Source
    I don't think these people should be prosecuted. the issue is what is the role of a 'peacekeeper' which is not the same as a regular fighting army. as far as I understand the mandate for their existence it is to fill a 'policing' role in a theater of war.. for defense purposes you need the Army.

There is a case for prosecuting people who stand by and do nothing, or who betray those under their protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbouvet View Post
    There is a case for prosecuting people who stand by and do nothing, or who betray those under their protection.
    not so sure it applies in this case, if so, it would have tremendous consequences for the UN peacekeeping mission in general, international laws would have to be changed ..

So maybe they should change them!

I wonder if those thoughts were behing the decision not to prosecute the treacherous Dutch commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbouvet View Post
    So maybe they should change them!

I wonder if those thoughts were behing the decision not to prosecute the treacherous Dutch commander.
    I sincerely hope you know the difference between the Police force and the Army... i dont think those kids were ever trained to kill people but then again i may be wrong.

and if you think I am wrong then you may want to provide us with evidence to the "treacherousness" of this dutch commander.

The court in The Hague has ruled: Dutch state liable for Srebrenica massacre.

The UN officials rather than the poor bloody peace keeping troops should have been on trial.

Regards...jmcc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast