Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My journey to Áras an Uachtaráin, n' the World - Richard Mc Sweeney

Default Re: My journey to Áras an Uachtaráin, n' the World

Quote Originally Posted by eamo View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Richard is taking the pi$$ ?. Not that I object, as I said before this is a high class windup.
    I have suspicions alright, but his page has been 'liked' by two county councils so we must assume that he's serious.
    Нооруз пиээ пурылыа выиттыа

'Our goal is to conquer state power for the Irish working class'
    Pat Rabitte, 1987

"Can I ask whether this is what the men of 1916 died for: a bailout from the German chancellor with a few shillings of sympathy from the British chancellor on the side?"
    Michael Noonan, November 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_of_Éire View Post
    From hearts, Cass of those who will be moved to express their own need to have someone like me walk with dignity, pride, and joyfulness on their behalf throughout the country, and in the lands way to the east, the west, the north, and the south.

In nominating me they will in truth be nominating a self of themselves that they may see a little bit of themselves every time they see or hear me in the media. And I for my part will be conscious of they being with me, and ever grateful to them for their strength will I be.
    Who is the 'Cass' you are replying to Risteárd? I'm getting lost in this thread.

As of the 13th May 2011, I Richard Mc Sweeney of Éire (Ireland) officially announced my candidature for the October 2011 Irish Presidential Election.
    I am an independent, non-politician candidate who is not beholden to any one special interest faction.
    You've already identified yourself as being affiliated with the Church, an incredibly blinkered special interest group. What other group/s does your thinking for you?

Pardon my bluntness but I find folks who announce themselves as wordsmiths often try to conceal deceit in their alleged cleverness.

Are we worthy of Richard_of_Éire?
    That is my question.

All so suspicious of simple goodness.

Fair enough. I'll join you on your "syntactical roller coaster". I'm a fairly spiritual person myself, residing very much in the ether noons translucent light, and so often feel isolated here. I look forward to you lluminating the place and good luck with the campaign.
    Welcome, Sam Lord.
    I am honoured and most grateful to have your enlightening company on my journey. Let us illuminate the regions together; and be illuminated by all the wondrous ideas being brought into our presence.
    It's a new dawn, and the welcoming pathways await our arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    Fair enough. I'll join you on your "syntactical roller coaster". I'm a fairly spiritual person myself, residing very much in the ether noons translucent light, and so often feel isolated here. I look forward to you lluminating the place and good luck with the campaign.
    That's exactly how I always saw you.

Who is the 'Cass' you are replying to Risteárd? I'm getting lost in this thread.
    Pardon for causing you to momentarily lose sight of the way, Spectabilis.
    Cass of C. Flower the administrator of Political World.

Let's continue journeying.

Quote Originally Posted by antiestablishmentarian View Post
    So does that mean that the explicit provision in the Constitution for the supremacy of Article 43.2 over Article 43.1 (as found in subsection 2 of Article 43.2) will be re-affirmed if you're elected?
    I was wondering Richard if I could possibly get an answer to this question, I'm curious as to your position on this and hope you can clarify it. Thanking you in advance.
    Нооруз пиээ пурылыа выиттыа

'Our goal is to conquer state power for the Irish working class'
    Pat Rabitte, 1987

"Can I ask whether this is what the men of 1916 died for: a bailout from the German chancellor with a few shillings of sympathy from the British chancellor on the side?"
    Michael Noonan, November 2010

You've already identified yourself as being affiliated with the Church, an incredibly blinkered special interest group. What other group/s does your thinking for you?
    Among the institutionalised religions I am inspired by Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, namely the Abrahamic religions. I have and continue to learn so much from them about how the human mind tries to make some sense of reality, but I am not beholden to them. So too do I have a great love for the Confucian and Taoist classics.
    All of these and the more besides were among the original great repositories of knowledge; Internets of the ages. I would be insulting the pursuit of knowledge if I were to ignore them.

Acquiring knowledge is my main interest and how it can enrich my thoughts on myself and life. In like wisdom, people are like living sacred books in my eyes, but to no one do I allow myself to be thought bound.

Pardon my bluntness but I find folks who announce themselves as wordsmiths often try to conceal deceit in their alleged cleverness.
    Seán, accompany me awhile on the journey to see if your finding is true or not true in my case.

Are we worthy of Richard_of_Éire?
    That is my question.
    I am not sure, Holly if your question if for me; for all or for both.

Richard of Éire - Richard Mc Sweeney has been of this island for at least a millennium: from fathers to sons; from mothers to sons all the up through the ages to autumnal days of 1954.

Are we not worthy of one from among our own; one from among ourselves to guard our Constitution, and to represent us at home and abroad? Surely, if we cannot be worthy of one from among ourselves then …

Welcome, Sam Lord.
    I am honoured and most grateful to have your enlightening company on my journey. Let us illuminate the regions together; and be illuminated by all the wondrous ideas being brought into our presence.
    It's a new dawn, and the welcoming pathways await our arrival.
    It is a new dawn indeed and I embrace the journey. Cool and unchanging is our eternal being, Cool and star-bright is our eternal laughter.

Here is a little poem by Huxley to sustain us on the way:

SONG OF POPLARS
    by: Aldous Huxley

Shepherd, to yon tall poplars tune your flute:
    Let them pierce keenly, subtly shrill,
    The slow blue rumour of the hill;
    Let the grass cry with an anguish of evening gold,
    And the great sky be mute.

Then hearken how the poplar trees unfold
    Their buds, yet close and gummed and blind,
    In airy leafage of the mind,
    Rustling in silvery whispers the twin-hued scales
    That fade not nor grow old.

"Poplars and fountains and you cypress spires
    Springing in dark and rusty flame,
    Seek you aught that hath a name?
    Or say, say: Are you all an upward agony
    Of undefined desires?

"Say, are you happy in the golden march
    Of sunlight all across the day?
    Or do you watch the uncertain way
    That leads the withering moon on cloudy stairs
    Over the heaven's wide arch?

"Is it towards sorrow or towards joy you lift
    The sharpness of your trembling spears?
    Or do you seek, through the grey tears
    That blur the sky, in the heart of the triumphing blue,
    A deeper, calmer rift?"

So; I have tuned my music to the trees,
    And there were voices, dim below
    Their shrillness, voices swelling slow
    In the blue murmur of hills, and a golden cry
    And then vast silences.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

So does that mean that the explicit provision in the Constitution for the supremacy of Article 43.2 over Article 43.1 (as found in subsection 2 of Article 43.2) will be re-affirmed if you're elected?
    I was wondering Richard if I could possibly get an answer to this question, I'm curious as to your position on this and hope you can clarify it. Thanking you in advance.
    At this stage in the journey, Antiestablishmentarian, I am not allowing myself take a position on any individual article of the Constitution. Tonight I have no Council of State to aid and counsel me on such matters. I like to consult.
    If however, this very night I could sit around a table and benefit from the wise council of such people as the Taoiseach, Tánaiste, Chief Justice, President of the High Court, Ceann Comhairle, Cathaoirleach of the Seanad, and the Attorney General, and others then no doubt I surely would be able to present a clear position.
    As Head of State my heart will not be my own, it will belong to the people.

If you do become President, will you please outlaw the use of the term 'building bridges', because there are now lots of half-bridges all along the border. Also, please don't 'embrace' sections of the population, because swine flu and MRSA are rampant. Finally, please kick Sarkozy in the face if and when you have the misfortune to meet him (you shouldn't have to raise your knee far). Do these things and you shall have my loyalty...
    Boycott Chiquita

Richard of Éire:
    Partisan or independent hungering to become president of Éire is a nonstarter, and invariably a form of corruption.
    Would welcome comments.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast