Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My journey to Áras an Uachtaráin, n' the World - Richard Mc Sweeney

Default My journey to Áras an Uachtaráin, n' the World - Richard Mc Sweeney

Lá breá!

Welcome to the world of Ireland, and to the wondrous journey of its ninth president to be. May the brightness of this new day find itself smiling in your expressions, words, and actions.

As of the 13th May 2011, I Richard Mc Sweeney of Éire (Ireland) officially announced my candidature for the October 2011 Irish Presidential Election.
    I am an independent, non-politician candidate who is not beholden to any one special interest group.

Opening this thread here on Political Word is part of my journey. My thanks to Cass Flower for making it possible.

I would warmly welcome quality discussion.

I am now at the online stage of my journey. When the time is right the journey will enter the offline stage. Both stages in their own unique way make up the totality of the reality of the journey.

So now, and without further ado, let's with great gratitude of heart be on our noble way for love of the World, and Country!

Richard of Éire
    http://www.facebook.com/rich.the9th?sk=info
    6:27 AM, Sunday, 12 June 2011

Please note:
    Facebook page is my main repository
    Twitter the central notice board
    PW forum for discussion

http://www.rivers2c.com/
    Last edited by Richard_of_Éire; 28-09-2011 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Closed Facebook page, and added link to Rivers2c

Default Re: My journey to Áras an Uachtaráin, n' the World

BeJasus, I’m unsure whether to jump on or off this horse.

Welcome, Richard.

When the time is right the journey will enter the offline stage.
    There shall be a sign.

When he who has run out of goat's milk neglects to rub the razor o'er his face for three days and three nights. Only then, shall the time be right.

Hi Richard, I notice that two county councils (Kerry and Dublin South ) have 'liked' your Facebook page. Does this mean you have a possibility of an endorsement from them?

Richard, are you a serious candidate, or are you just hoping to take advantage of the political vacuum arising from the "anyone but Cox" movement ?

Good evening Cass,

Long ever before I even heard of such a 'movement' I had put myself forward for consideration.

My candidature is as serious and true to heart as the profound words spoken by (Blessed) Pope John Paul II in Galway on Sunday, 30 September 1979 when he said:

I believe in youth with all my heart and all the strength of my conviction. And today I say: I believe in the youth of Ireland. I believe in you who stand here before me, in every one of you. When I look at you, I see the Ireland of the future. Tomorrow you will be the living force of your country, you will decide what Ireland will be. Tomorrow, as technicians or teachers, nurses or secretaries, farmers or tradesmen, doctors or engineers, priests or religious – tomorrow you will have the power to make dreams come true …
    Young people of Ireland, I love you! Young people of Ireland, I bless you!
    For some background on the making of my decision to journey for president, please see:

{The Annunciation of an Irish poet}
    http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...14594981896850

Quote Originally Posted by Richard_of_Éire View Post
    My candidature is as serious and true to heart as the profound words spoken by (Blessed) Pope John Paul II in Galway on Sunday, 30 September 1979 when he said: "I believe in youth with all my heart... I believe in the youth of Ireland... you will have the power to make dreams come true [shudder]… Young people of Ireland, I love you!"
    Yeah, but he said that for quite decadent and depraved reasons. You're not going all Norris on us, are you Mr McSweeney? It's not a great strategy.

Richard, I have an awful feeling that you may be serious, if you aren't then its a good wind up, you got me for sure. Tell me, why did you pick PW to announce this.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Holly; 13-06-2011 at 01:04 AM.

His words were good words, Justin, and they continue to be good words.

I was seated only a few metres away from him when he spoke them, and it was the way in which he spoke them that made all the difference.

To those hungry for truths they were food; those in a dark place a light, and to those journeying a cornucopia of rich signs for many a day.

As he was descending from the altar our right hands clasped each other in midair; like two hurleys raised - the clash of the ash! - in celebration of a well won match.

He was a great person, and he left us with some wonderful memories, and a body of highly inspirational writings that speak to those who are willing to receive them for the greater enlightenment of themselves and society.

Richard, I have an awful feeling that you may be serious, if you aren't then its a good wind up, you got me for sure. Tell me, why did you pick PW to announce this.
    As the golden sun is serious, Eamo about being a light for the planets; a light for the Earth, so too am I serious about being a light for Éire, and the World.

I chose Political World as it blends in very nicely with the main theme of my journey:

Richard of Éire - a wise leader for the World; a dream president for Ireland.
    I like the way it looks to the World as much as it does to Ireland. This is big thinking which I find very appealing. We need such an approach to reality.

"A place where people of different political views and backgrounds can discuss about the urgent political, economic and environment issues we face. Political World aims to be a friendly and constructive place for debate, discussion and for exchanging ideas right across the political spectrum."

Thank you so much, Holly for the well wishes.

All the very best,

Richard

Spoken by Richard Mc Sweeney

If a candidate is not a spiritual minded person they should not put themselves forth for President of Ireland as the role requires a person who is of the faith, love, and joy to live and encourage (at home and overseas) the profound motto (mana) of the Constitution of Ireland:

"Dochum Glóire Dé agus Onóra na hÉireann"
    (For the Glory of God and the Honour of Éire/Ireland)

Spiritual cultivation is the primary concern.
    Would welcome some comments on it.

I'm wondering how a spiritual mission will fit in to such a temporal home as the Aras ?

It contains grammatical errors of a magnitude that impair comprehension.

Does that assist?
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast