Page 2 of 168 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming----Climate Change.. !!

Default Re: Global Warming----Climate Change.. !!

In the quiet words of the late George Carlin: "The planet is fine. The people are fµcked."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDfYzMEEw"]YouTube - ‪George Carlin - Saving the Planet‬‏[/ame]
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    In the quiet words of the late George Carlin: "The planet is fine. The people are fµcked."

YouTube - ‪George Carlin - Saving the Planet‬‏
    Planet earth will undoubtedly survive the human race. It's just a matter whether we want to keep our (only) planet in a liveable shape for us. When I listen to this comedian calling our earth the "f*cking planet" I have my doubts. And that's also no more funny to me.

Can anyone tell me how to embed YouTube videos in this forum here?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by New Vision View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to embed YouTube videos in this forum here?

Thanks.
    Just post the url straight into the edit box. It may not embed if you are a new member - but Mods or myself will embed it if we see a video link that needs attention.

It's just a matter whether we want to keep our (only) planet in a liveable shape for us.
    And this, of course, is best achieved by taxing cow farts?
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Just post the url straight into the edit box. It may not embed if you are a new member - but Mods or myself will embed it if we see a video link that needs attention.
    Thanks C. Maybe you can do that right now below. How long do I have to wait until it will automatically be embeded?

Cheers.

Wanna see you playing the taxman then

But here a better method. This video also shows a graph how many greenhouse gas emissions are produced by which sector. Farming isn't the bulk there. Nevertheless, just watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GR9t5MKWjc

When I listen to this comedian calling our earth the "f*cking planet" I have my doubts. And that's also no more funny to me.
    Maybe I should have warned you that George Carlin is not for faint-hearted PC advocates...

And that's also no more funny to me.
    Who says it was funny?

While George Carlin earned his money as stand-up comedian, he certainly saw himself more as a social critic.

Maybe I should have warned you that George Carlin is not for faint-hearted PC advocates...

Who says it was funny?

While George Carlin earned his money as stand-up comedian, he certainly saw himself more as a social critic.
    No warning needed. A "social critic" who calls our earth a "f*cking planet" says it in one. It shows us just his ignorant attitude towards our home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU

IMHO, George Carlin had more love and respect for the "fµcking planet" than all its self-proclaimed, presumptuous "saviours" combined.

IMHO, George Carlin had more love and respect for the "fµcking planet" than all its self-proclaimed, presumptuous "saviours" combined.
    have to agree.... George definitely loved the planet...its human inhabitants he hadnt got much time for

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx-t9k7epIk&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx-t9k7epIk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

The "warmies" have lost the debate, but they just won't recognise it.

Quote Originally Posted by kerdasi amaq View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx-t9...layer_embedded

The "warmies" have lost the debate, but they just won't recognise it.
    You must have very limited knowledge about the subject when you conclude that anyone would have "lost the debate" here.

Naomi Oreskes about the "debate" on climate change => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=905jO91GFnk

I cannot see any other decent approach to climate change in this thread, except some posters think that clowns and comedians know more about the subject than climate scientists.

For those who are more interested in climate change and the "debate" than just joking about one of the most serious problems we are facing on earth, the Climate Science Rapid Response Team is recommending a booklet which provides answers from world's scientists to most of the questions involved:

"The Scientific Guide to Global Warming Skepticism is a 16 page booklet that looks at both the evidence that human activity is causing global warming and the ways that climate ‘skeptic’ arguments can mislead by presenting only small pieces of the puzzle rather than the full picture. The science is explained in plain language intended for the layperson. More detailed treatments of the science are available at Skeptical Science."
    Last edited by New Vision; 07-06-2011 at 02:57 AM.

You know guys, I think we may be having the wrong debate. Fossil fuels are a) non-renewable and b) are about to run out.

So, it actually doesn't matter if they're causing warming or cooling or whatever. We're going to have to cut back on them anyway.

With juice at 150 cents a litre, that Prius would have saved me some money this weekend. And, unfortunately, with all the global warming we're having right now, I had to put the central heating on last night.

One thing's for sure, it's going to cost me....oh, and the carbon taxes aren't really there for the sake of the environment. They are there to ensure foreign banks get repaid.

Quote Originally Posted by morticia View Post
    You know guys, I think we may be having the wrong debate. Fossil fuels are a) non-renewable and b) are about to run out.

So, it actually doesn't matter if they're causing warming or cooling or whatever. We're going to have to cut back on them anyway.

With juice at 150 cents a litre, that Prius would have saved me some money this weekend. And, unfortunately, with all the global warming we're having right now, I had to put the central heating on last night.

One thing's for sure, it's going to cost me....oh, and the carbon taxes aren't really there for the sake of the environment. They are there to ensure foreign banks get repaid.
    I agree with you about the necessity to cut back drastically on fossil fuel use for reasons other than just climate change - it is common sense for countries with good access to renewables to invest in them to maintain energy security.

However, your final line is simply incorrect - carbon taxes have been advocated and implemented since well before the current crisis. It is playing into the hands of the oil companies and their ilk to take a cynical attitude that all the money is going to foreign banks - carbon taxes are an absolute necessity to promote both energy saving and investment in new technologies, they have nothing to do with the banking crisis.

Ironically this is what happens when the farmer invests in his anaerobic digestion plant.. the cow manure becomes an important part of the feedstock.. ok its the bugs inside the digester that fart and on the output side of the plant where there will be power and heat and organic fertiliser.. there will be a VAT element.

So yes you are correct by saying there is an indirect tax on farts...

Its just a pity Ireland is lagging so far behind our Euro neighbours on AD Biogas plants.

Germans will build up to 45,000 AD plants by 2050, followed by France, NL and Denmark are years ahead and UK has incentivised the agri sector to build them.. they are marching on..

Yes bank rolling these projects in Ireland is also a major log jam.. sorry for drifting off topic here..

Page 2 of 168 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast