Page 188 of 190 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190 LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 2843

Thread: US Presidential Election 2016

Default Re: US Presidential Election 2016

It's getting dangerous with this commander in chief...

Twice in seven days the U.S. shot nuclear-capable long-range missiles toward the Marshall Islands, but the same government refused in March to join negotiations for a new treaty banning nuclear weapons.

=> U.S. Military: 'We Are Prepared to Use Nuclear Weapons
    "Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize that we cannot eat money."

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."

Quote Originally Posted by A Marxist Historian View Post
    Why? Because, it turns out, Russia was the main target!
    I don't think that Russia was the primary target. The first version had a killswitch which limited the effectiveness of the malware. Newer versions do not have this killswitch.

And who is responsible for developing the hacking tools that have created a worldwide crisis? Why, the NSA of course, which is great at doing damage to other country's computer nets, Stuxnet etc., but not so good at keeping their deadly toys out of the hands of other irresponsible crooks who belong behind bars.
    I wonder who was president when these tools were developed or purchased?

Regards...jmcc

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    I don't think that Russia was the primary target. The first version had a killswitch which limited the effectiveness of the malware. Newer versions do not have this killswitch.

I wonder who was president when these tools were developed or purchased?

Regards...jmcc
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

This latest hack definitely did not come from the Russian government-though I wouldn't be surprised if the hackers were Russians.

Why? Because, it turns out, Russia was the main target!

And who is responsible for developing the hacking tools that have created a worldwide crisis? Why, the NSA of course, which is great at doing damage to other country's computer nets, Stuxnet etc., but not so good at keeping their deadly toys out of the hands of other irresponsible crooks who belong behind bars.

-AMH-

i seem to recognize an admission here that you may have come to accept that the Russian gov 'interfered' with the US election?

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    i seem to recognize an admission here that you may have come to accept that the Russian gov 'interfered' with the US election?
    Not only the US election.

How the Kremlin's hackers managed to spoil Moscow's relations with the new French president even before he was elected.

=> Macron, Putin and the boomerang effect

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize that we cannot eat money."

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    I've never denied that it was *possible* that the Russian government was involved in some fashion with the Wikileaks revelations. I simply insist that before accepting this notion, some actual evidence of that should be given to the public. None has.

And anyway, so what if they were? There is indeed somebody whose machinations interfered with and distorted the results of the American elections in 2016. Her name is Debbie Wasserman. It's the coverup of her dubious doings in the Democratic primaries by the regular media that deserves condemnation, not whoever helped get the truth out, Putin perhaps included.

Granted, IMHO Hillary would probably have beaten Sanders anyway. Black voters are an important part of the Democratic Party constituency, and Hillary did a much better job than Sanders of pretending that black lives matter in America. But one could say the same for Russian elections. If they were honest as the driven snow, does anyone really doubt that Putin would keep keep getting elected anyway? So if that's your measure, folk should stop saying mean things about how Putin runs Russia.

-AMH-

Edward Snowden:

Until this weekend's attack, Microsoft declined to officially confirm this, as US Gov refused to confirm or deny this was their exploit.

https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/863875701459628032

Microsoft has hit out at the US government’s “stockpiling” of cyber weapons for facilitating attacks such as the WannaCry ransomware that has run rampant in recent days.

“The governments of the world should treat this attack as a wake-up call,” Brad Smith, Microsoft’s general counsel, wrote in a strongly worded blog post on Sunday afternoon.

In its statement, Microsoft for the first time confirmed publicly what security analysts and intelligence officials would only say in private: that the technique hackers used to distribute WannaCry was originally developed by, and later stolen from, the US National Security Agency.

https://www.ft.com/content/5540194a-...a-6027b8a20f23

Default An Impeachable Offense? Questions Swirl as Trump Accused of Sharing Top Secret Intel with Russians

An Impeachable Offense? Questions Swirl as Trump Accused of Sharing Top Secret Intel with Russians

Breathtakingly Irresponsible: Former Bush Iraq Adviser on Trump Sharing Secret Intel with Russians

Trump asked FBI director to halt Flynn investigation: Comey memo

US President Donald Trump asked FBI director James Comey to halt the investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn at a private oval office meeting in February, according to a memo the veteran law enforcement official wrote at the time.

Mr Comey shared the memo — part of an extensive effort to document his interactions with the president — with other top FBI officials, according to an associate who confirmed the existence of the memo and several quotes it contained.

This post from the Jackpine Radicals forum is I think spot on:

The fundamental struggle is not between “Democrats” and “Republicans.” The neocons and corporate globalists (including the CIA) who want Trump out of the way are beyond political party. They have an agenda. Most of the Democratic elite are on board with it and many Republicans as well. Its goal is global corporate hegemony (which spells the end of democracy). It is being conducted both militarily via interventionist wars and economically via trade agreements that remove sovereignty from elected governments and hand it to corporations. That is a coup, and it is already happening. This is why they wanted Hillary Clinton; she is 100% on board with the entire thing, both fronts.

Donald Trump has long opposed NAFTA, TPP, etc., and interventionist wars. This puts him completely at odds with corporate neocon globalists. 75 days into his administration, they managed to break his antiwar resolve, and the last I heard, he was rethinking his opposition to NAFTA. So he is weak. But he doesn’t appear to be solidly, intellectually, emotionally gung ho with their agenda, so they’re probably not sure they can count on him. Plus, he’s clumsy and unpredictable. They can advance their plans much, much more quickly and smoothly with a Pence or a Ryan. Of course, Hillary would have been perfect, as were Obama and Bush.

So to ask why the Democrats would want him impeached is to ignore the deeper alliances of which the Democratic leadership is fully on board.

The real battle is between the 1% and the 99%. Amazingly enough, Trump has demonstrated a surprising degree of sympathy with the plight of the 99% and made moves in their favor while maintaining most of the traditional Republican attitudes and goals.
    https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/...-impeachmentt/
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist View Post

Really, Pluralist? The jackpinesters are totally out to lunch. Trump a fan of the 99%? Trumpcare, a huge blow against the 99%, should have put that notion to rest forever. Then you have his tax notions, his budget, you name it. Trump in office has been a billionaire in office doing what billionaires want, pure and simple, with a cabinet stocked with the filthiest rich. Wall Street loves him, as stock market prices demonstrate.

The only content they can come up with for his alleged favoritism for the 99% is him cancelling TPP. But even Hillary came out against the TPP.

-AMH-

I may be unfair to the Jackpinesters, dissapointed Sandernistas. The link you give doesn't give that post, but something different. And an apology to the readership for an unspecified "major screwup." Maybe that post was the screwup?

-AMH-

I may be unfair to the Jackpinesters, dissapointed Sandernistas. The link you give doesn't give that post, but something different. And an apology to the readership for an unspecified "major screwup." Maybe that post was the screwup?

-AMH-
    The post I was quoting is indeed that link, scroll down to the discussion following the opening post, and the post from 'senz' at 6:41pm on May 14 is the one I was quoting from.

The screw-up they are talking about seems to be a temporary site crash. Apparently some of the posters on there were developing conspiracy theories that the site crash was nefarious because some of them had been discussing a Fox news report regarding the unsolved murder of the DNC official last year. (The Fox News report claimed the DNC official had been sharing information with Wikileaks immediately before his murder, but the source is a private investigator of, according to most, dubious credibility).
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

The post I was quoting is indeed that link, scroll down to the discussion following the opening post, and the post from 'senz' at 6:41pm on May 14 is the one I was quoting from.

The screw-up they are talking about seems to be a temporary site crash. Apparently some of the posters on there were developing conspiracy theories that the site crash was nefarious because some of them had been discussing a Fox news report regarding the unsolved murder of the DNC official last year. (The Fox News report claimed the DNC official had been sharing information with Wikileaks immediately before his murder, but the source is a private investigator of, according to most, dubious credibility).
    Ah. Got it.

The investigator's reliability is questionable, but so is the "family spokesman" who allegedly delivered a denial from the family, that was pretty obviously written by him not the family. Him being a Democratic Party operative.

Wikileaks itself, after offering a $20,000 reward for info on the murder of Rich, currently, to use the classic spy game phrase, is refusing to "confirm or deny" the allegation.

Definitely needs further investigation.

BTW, I have a personal friend who knew Gavin McFedyan, the alleged channel between Rich and Wikileaks, back in the day. A longtime left activist in America with a very honorable history. His death, unlike that of Rich, was not mysterious. Cancer, last fall, after the leaks did or did not happen.

-AMH-

Page 188 of 190 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190 LastLast