Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Real Democracy Now - Spanish and Irish Protests in Ireland Against Banks and Politicians

Default Re: Real Democracy Now - Spanish and Irish Protests Against Banks and Politicians

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    This thread topic is about protests based in Ireland. I'll change the thread title to make that clearer. There are separate threads on Spain and Greece.
    I see that France is on the go too.
    seperate threads imply a need for seperate interests. why not have just 1? worked well on the arab thread!

Default Re: Real Democracy Now - Spanish and Irish Protests Against Banks and Politicians

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    seperate threads imply a need for seperate interests. why not have just 1? worked well on the arab thread!
    Well, we have separate Egypt, Libyan and Yemen threads. Some discussion on the Greek economy threads covers the protests, and the same with other countries.

No harm in mentioning the overall protests here, but I think it makes sense to have a thread for posting about the Irish events (or lack of them).

Quote Originally Posted by whydontwe View Post
    why are these saved bondholders anonymous?
    Bonholders of anglo listed here,

Not hard to join all the dots once you know the company names.

Source

Default Re: Real Democracy Now - Spanish and Irish Protests in Ireland Against Banks and Politicians

An event of protest "against the politicians and banks" is on at four o'clock at the Spire on Sunday.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater
    Last edited by C. Flower; 18-06-2011 at 01:59 AM.

Default Re: Real Democracy Now - Spanish and Irish Protests in Ireland Against Banks and Politicians

An event of protest "against the politicians and banks" is on at four o'clock at the Spire on Sunday.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater
    De gremlins have got at that link

Cork Grand Parade 19J protest 4pm:
    http://www.facebook.com/truedemocracynowcork

People have apparently according to Face Book been practising their chants for tomorrow..

We don't pay your debt, F you IMF!

No, no, they don't represent us, No, no, they don't represent us

From Madrid to Berlin we will fight and we will win!!

I want my future back! No to Euro pact!

Against the Euro pact, Irish people act!

Wake up, wake up, take your future (or the power) back!

Wake up, wake up, fight for your rights!

Politicians are the PIGS, IMF get out of Greece!

Watch up, watch up, the IMF is back

No pact, have them sacked!

What are you doing Enda? The IMF agenda

The IMF are muppets, we are not your puppets!

When the media lies, we're losing our rights!

Say no to Europact, Europact slavery (Ring of Fire)

Europact no way, we don't have a say!

Bankers are the PIGS, we don't pay your bills!

Politicians are the monkeys, bankers are financial junckies!

To the politicians actions, here are our reactions!

Photos of yesterday's protest at the Spire

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...22360371124583

How many people present, do you reckon?? More than the "where's Wally" brigade??

morticia....alas....you're correct...admire the Greeks...despair of the Irish ! g'night and take care all !

Quote Originally Posted by morticia View Post
    How many people present, do you reckon?? More than the "where's Wally" brigade??
    Not as many as in a hurling final either. I don't see the relevance though.

Not as many as in a hurling final either. I don't see the relevance though.
    I suspect there are more people wanting to have a good time and forget about the bad stuff than protest about it. Unlike Greece.

I had a Greek colleague for a while, who went home on holiday in 2008/9 and said that she couldn't believe the contrast between the two places; at the time, no-one in Greece seemed at all worried about the financial crisis, while it was all the Irish could talk about.

It appears that situation has reversed.

Relax. When the Irish get going it will be full on. I predict revolution when they start selling the state assets. We do not like people taking our stuff. Early days yet! Save your ********!
    Last edited by C. Flower; 22-06-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Moth View Post
    Relax. When the Irish get going it will be full on. I predict revolution when they start selling the state assets. We do not like people taking our stuff. Early days yet! Save your ********!
    Interesting observation. And when ya look at history, there is usually a substantial period where we put up with a lot of **** and then we just flip.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345