Thread: Ridiculous EU herbal regulations-a little sinister

Default Ridiculous EU herbal regulations-a little sinister

Pisses me off, big pharma have pulled a stroke. People have lost personal choice and access to hundreds of herbal medicines today, after European regulations came into force.

Sales of all herbal remedies, except for a small number of popular products for 'mild' illness such as echinacea for colds and St John's Wort for depression (available commercially in the UK, not here) have been banned.

Read more here

This, along with seed regulation bought in at the behest of the agribusiness lobby, I find insideous.
    The next step will be to stop people actually growing their own herbal remedies, or selling/swapping seeds.
    After that it will be increased pressure on seed sellers to grow only 'approved' strains of veg, it's very close already.
    So you wont have to worry about growing pot, wormwood will get you in bigger trouble (it is mildly poisonous after all)

Let's hope we dont go down the American route in terms of farming, thats a very scary road.

Default Re: Ridiculous EU herbal regulations-a little sinister

Ever since the development of GM crops certain vested interests certainly in the UK have been trying to promote foods over which they control the 'intellectual copyright'. I know one member of the Sainsbury familly has been trying to push this caper in the UK because people like him stand to make a fortune if they control the genetic property for example in 'approved' crops which make up bread.

Essentially the idea behind it is to commoditise basic foodstuffs and make money out of licensing it for production.

And of course the lobbying at EU level is frantic by those who stand to make a fortune out of the very genetic makeup of basic foodstuffs.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVoOLdLgWaU&feature=related"]YouTube - MacBeth's Toil and Trouble[/ame]

Default Maidir Le: Ridiculous EU herbal regulations-a little sinister

Quote Originally Posted by simonj View Post
    Pisses me off, big pharma have pulled a stroke. People have lost personal choice and access to hundreds of herbal medicines today, after European regulations came into force.

Sales of all herbal remedies, except for a small number of popular products for 'mild' illness such as echinacea for colds and St John's Wort for depression (available commercially in the UK, not here) have been banned.

Read more here

This, along with seed regulation bought in at the behest of the agribusiness lobby, I find insideous.
    The next step will be to stop people actually growing their own herbal remedies, or selling/swapping seeds.
    After that it will be increased pressure on seed sellers to grow only 'approved' strains of veg, it's very close already.
    So you wont have to worry about growing pot, wormwood will get you in bigger trouble (it is mildly poisonous after all)

Let's hope we dont go down the American route in terms of farming, thats a very scary road.
    What is wormwood good for ? I've loads of it in the garden

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Wormwood is a hallucinogenic , its used in absinthe

NY Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/05/sc...=science&_r=1&

Lot of people selling this herbal stuff as a part time job to supplement income...
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg