Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So, It's Goodbye Fianna Fail

Default Re: So, It's Goodbye Fianna Fail

There really is no credible alternative - the rest are just as bad - sometimes even worse.
    Totam cum Scotus Iernem
    Movit, et infesto spumavit remige Tethys

Dublin North-West - the leading constituency!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger John View Post
    There really is no credible alternative - the rest are just as bad - sometimes even worse.
    FF101. "They're all the same"

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    Fear.

Fear of what? It doesn't get any worse than this.I can deal with a wooden Taoiseach as long as there is talent in his cabinet. There little talent in the current FF parliamentary party and such talent that there is goes unrewarded in favour of clientism. Hanafin booted. Mini DeValera promoted. The country just can't afford this nonsense anymore

Give me a misty day, pearly gray, silver, silky faced, wide-awake crescent-shaped smile

Quote Originally Posted by Garland Names the Planets View Post
    Fear of what? It doesn't get any worse than this.I can deal with a wooden Taoiseach as long as there is talent in his cabinet. There little talent in the current FF parliamentary party and such talent that there is goes unrewarded in favour of clientism. Hanafin booted. Mini DeValera promoted. The country just can't afford this nonsense anymore
    The question was what would FF campaign on and I think that not having anything positive they will opt for scaring the ***** out of potential FG voters.

The economy should have at least levelled out by the next GE. FF will then try to sell the preceding 5 years as 'Global crisis caused the recession. FF tough decisions have us on the mend." then they'll ask if after all the pain we've taken do we really want to risk the recovery by making the gaffe prone, inexperienced Kenny, Taoiseach.

They know they're in for a big hit but they'll want to limit the losses so they stay in with a chance of coalition with Lab.

If the dust settles then they can easily crow about how they pulled us out of a global recession and how it would be foolish to change the crew now - better sticking with the devil you know - than risking it now just as things are coming together.

That would work you know.
    Totam cum Scotus Iernem
    Movit, et infesto spumavit remige Tethys

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew49 View Post
    I thought that pic of the FF Goons down the back of the Conference with Davin Power couldn't be topped

That one there tho comes close

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Well View Post
    I thought that pic of the FF Goons down the back of the Conference with Davin Power couldn't be topped

That one there tho comes close

You know Shouty Enda, Seanad Enda and Shinners Enda, now meet Sweaty Enda

The question was what would FF campaign on and I think that not having anything positive they will opt for scaring the ***** out of potential FG voters.

The economy should have at least levelled out by the next GE. FF will then try to sell the preceding 5 years as 'Global crisis caused the recession. FF tough decisions have us on the mend." then they'll ask if after all the pain we've taken do we really want to risk the recovery by making the gaffe prone, inexperienced Kenny, Taoiseach.

They know they're in for a big hit but they'll want to limit the losses so they stay in with a chance of coalition with Lab.
    ... if Kenny falls on his sword .... or off his bike, how long would it take for Fiann Fail to come up with a different election strategy ? Fianna Fail could run with your strategy NOW ....

I predict a May General Election .....
    Give me a misty day, pearly gray, silver, silky faced, wide-awake crescent-shaped smile

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew49 View Post
    ... if Kenny falls on his sword .... or off his bike, how long would it take for Fiann Fail to come up with a different election strategy ? Fianna Fail could run with your strategy NOW ....

I predict a May General Election .....
    Right now the arse is dropping out of our world. Voters are facing unemployment, pay cuts, tax hikes, reduced services and negative equity and they're blaming FF. It would be hard to persuade them that things could get worse with Miley Byrne as Taoiseach and Gay Byrne as Finance minister. If things have stabilised by the GE the voters will see themselves as having something to lose again. And when someone has something to lose you can frighten him.
    Last edited by Baron von Biffo; 04-04-2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Typo

Right now the arse is dropping out of our world. Voters are facing unemployment, pay cuts, tax hikes, reduced services and negative equity and they're blaming FF. It would be hard to persuade them that things could get worse with Miley Byrne as Taoiseach and Gay Byrne as Finance minister. If things have stabilised by the GE the voters will see themselves as having something to lose again. And when someone has something to lose you can frighten him.
    Short of enforcing heroin addiction on your kids, there is little else FF could do to Ireland.

Pure Scum. This needs to be visciously rammed home next time we get a ballot.

I just hope people stand up for themselves this election. Surely by now they can't deny that FF are nothing less than pillaging pirates. I can't see a peaceful future for Ireland if FF remain in power.

I think FF will fall below Labour, I really do, the core FF vote that is left is very shakey and mainly quite elderly in my personal experience. The NAMA thing has shocked people to the core, if the delay an election by another year they are destroyed.

I cannot believe a back bencher actually attacked the regulaor for being English and evoked the dead generrations against him. That really struck me as desperation. FF have never been a party of bigotry.
    Fianna Fáil TD Ned O'Keeffe declared that the regulator was not giving the banks enough space to get their houses in order.

If given time, Ned said, "they won't be depending on the state and Mr Elderfield to tell us what to do. We don't want foreigners in here. Michael Collins, Liam Lynch, Pádraig Pearse and James Connolly wouldn't have those foreigners running our business."

http://www.tribune.ie/news/home-news...as-the-victim/
    Mr Lenihan said the guarantee was “the cheapest bailout” compared with bank rescues in other countries, including the UK and the US, where “billions and billions of taxpayers’ money are being poured into financial institutions” - October 24 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Xray View Post
    I think FF will fall below Labour, I really do, the core FF vote that is left is very shakey and mainly quite elderly in my personal experience. The NAMA thing has shocked people to the core, if the delay an election by another year they are destroyed.

I cannot believe a back bencher actually attacked the regulaor for being English and evoked the dead generrations against him. That really struck me as desperation. FF have never been a party of bigotry.
    Fianna Fáil TD Ned O'Keeffe declared that the regulator was not giving the banks enough space to get their houses in order.

If given time, Ned said, "they won't be depending on the state and Mr Elderfield to tell us what to do. We don't want foreigners in here. Michael Collins, Liam Lynch, Pádraig Pearse and James Connolly wouldn't have those foreigners running our business."

http://www.tribune.ie/news/home-news...as-the-victim/
    Very well predicted Xray ... not only can you see through things you can also see the truth of things.

How ever Fianna Fail are not going without a fight. They've just issued a leaflet in praise of Conan .... sorry Cowen:

FF is in meltdown. The TDs may want to make a fight of it, but the local machine is not there.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast