Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pity the coppers? 'Gardaí have no money after bills are paid'

Default Re: Pity the coppers? 'Gardaí have no money after bills are paid'

It still goes on as well. At home two years ago a taxidriver told me what happened to a pal of his when he was called to pick up a Garda sergeant from a pub. The Sergeant was drunk and in no fit state and belligerent with it- tried to demand a 'garda discount' when being dropped off where his 4x4 car was. The Garda ended up throwing the right money into the taxidriver's face and climbed out of the tax and into his 4x4 and drive off well drunk up the road.

The taxidriver in a fit of anger foolishly rang the Garda station nearest him and reported a drunk driver in a 4x4 and gave the license plate over the 'phone. Didn't hear any more until he got a letter saying his taxi license was withdrawn as he was 'not regarded as a fit and proper person'.

So thats how that goes. A man lost his livelihood because of a drunk thug with Garda ID.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

I'm told that in Sligo, they don't pay for food on takeaways, just flash their badges

In other news the Guards are complaining about the 3million paid to the AIB guy, that gave me a smile, they should be investigating and prosecuting those responsible for the crash, looks as if their lack of interest, has come back to bite them on the arse

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    In my experience one of the biggest threats to life, limb and property if you choose to live in the Republic are the bloody Gardaí.

I've known people jailed for years on trumped up charges because they stood up to local tinpot dictator guards trying to illegally throw their weight around, or because the spoke out in public against various financial, business and property scams local guards were involved in. I've known many, many people who've been battered senseless and hospitalised for no reason at all by guards. I know of quite a few cases of arson, vandalism and even pet murder carried out in intimidation campaigns....by gardaí. Numerous cases of outright blatant unbelievable perjury by gardaí in court cases being accepted unquestioningly by corrupt judges, no matter how bizarre the testimony was.

In every single case if people fought for their rights the entire weight of the State was arrayed against them. Many emigrated. Some ended up alcoholics or on antidepressants. And in every case the guards in question were simply transferred to another parish, just like priests, or if they were nearing 50 got a nice early retirement package. It took over 12 years for the State to stop fighting Frank Shortt, a case I was personally involved with.

Don't talk to me about those verminous scumbags. "Police"? Bunch of thuggish skangers more like. Bottom-feeding pondscum the lot of them.
    Good acurate summary.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Great history they have too.

Meet Eoin O'Duffy Chief Commissioner of the Garda Siochana from September 1922 until February 1933, the foundational days of the force when its ethos and culture was being established.

Seig Heil Eoin ..
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    And without the Gardaí? How would all you brave souls be? I'm talking of those of us who actually live in the Republic of Ireland.
    What about those of us, who work there but don't live there

I and a work colleague had diesel siphoned out of our car, the guards came out the next day. Said they would be back to take a statement the next week (with no explanation as to why they couldn't take it there and then)
    That was 4 months ago and I'm still waiting

Not to give the PSNI any credit, but when I worked in the North, I reported an attempted break in at work at 1.30 am, I told the cops I only wanted them to drive round the area, in case the wannabe burglars were still in the vicinity, I didn't need them to come into the work place, but they were up 45 mins later and took my statement

Btw, Buddha, try and stay on topic, your hatred of Eirigi, has no relevance on this thread

And without the Gardaí? How would all you brave souls be? I'm talking of those of us who actually live in the Republic of Ireland.
    An interesting question. I've been in two places I can think of that were Garda-free.

One was Tahrir Square, for 6 days, where part of our activity was to make sure that police did not get in, by barring them at the entrances to the square, and if they did, in spite of these efforts, to gently evict them by handing them over to the army. Tahrir Square is acknowledged to have been a haven of safety during the occupation, particularly for women, who normally get harrassed. As soon as they were let back in again, and the peoples' security disbanded at the end of the occupation, the trouble started.

The reason they were barred was because they had been killing people.

The other place is some of the smaller islands off our south western coast.
    Nothing untoward seemed to be going on there.
    Last edited by C. Flower; 19-04-2011 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    Have you had to call the Gardai lately? By the way you seem angry but all I did was answer the question you asked.
    First of all Captain, I am not angry with you. Not in the slightest. In fact I could never be angry with you. I love a man in a uniform.

Have I had to call the Gardai lately. No, but my daughter had and they were great to her, retrieved her laptop and caught the culprit, all within a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    What about those of us, who work there but don't live there

I and a work colleague had diesel siphoned out of our car, the guards came out the next day. Said they would be back to take a statement the next week (with no explanation as to why they couldn't take it there and then)
    That was 4 months ago and I'm still waiting

Not to give the PSNI any credit, but when I worked in the North, I reported an attempted break in at work at 1.30 am, I told the cops I only wanted them to drive round the area, in case the wannabe burglars were still in the vicinity, I didn't need them to come into the work place, but they were up 45 mins later and took my statement

Btw, Buddha, try and stay on topic, your hatred of Eirigi, has no relevance on this thread
    Bloody hell, why is everyone so touchy. I don't 'hate' Éirígí. Why would I hate them? I just think they are irrelevant in the current climate of white collar crime committed by Irish people which has destroyed our country and our people's lives.

As for staying on topic, I wasn't the one that brought up the 'proper' name of my country which is not the topic, but silence from you on that one. As for the "I know a man who knows a man" stories, puleese!
    Last edited by Buddha; 19-04-2011 at 07:04 PM.
    Other people have a nationality. The Jews and the Irish have a psychosis: Brendan Behan

I've just read a book on Ireland in the '70's & 80's. The garda don't come out looking very well, bunch of thugs, particularly when FG were in power. Kerry Babies was especially chilling.

First of all Captain, I am not angry with you. Not in the slightest. In fact I could never be angry with you. I love a man in a uniform.

Have I had to call the Gardai lately. No, but my daughter had and they were great to her, retrieved her laptop and caught the culprit, all within a couple of hours.

Bloody hell, why is everyone so touchy. I don't 'hate' Éirígí. Why would I hate them? I just think they are irrelevant in the current climate of white collar crime committed by Irish people which has destroyed our country and our people's lives.

As for staying on topic, I wasn't the one that brought up the 'proper' name of my country which is not the topic, but silence from you on that one. As for the "I know a man who knows a man" stories, puleese!
    If you read back over the thread Buddha, you were the one that was touchy, when your precious 'men in uniform' were criticised, and you basically, wanted only those who lived in the 'Republic' to be able to Talk about them, I am against restricting who can comment on what topic, which is why the comments about the 'Republic' were let slide, as they countered the arrogance of your earlier post on this thread

The examples I gave you of my only ever experience with either police force on this Island, are mine not 'i know a man who knows a man'

If you don't want to take them at face value, then don't expect anyone to believe the fairy tale you just spun about the Guards retrieving your daughters laptop

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    If you read back over the thread Buddha, you were the one that was touchy, when your precious 'men in uniform' were criticised, and you basically, wanted only those who lived in the 'Republic' to be able to Talk about them, I am against restricting who can comment on what topic, which is why the comments about the 'Republic' were let slide, as they countered the arrogance of your earlier post on this thread

The examples I gave you of my only ever experience with either police force on this Island, are mine not 'i know a man who knows a man'

If you don't want to take them at face value, then don't expect anyone to believe the fairy tale you just spun about the Guards retrieving your daughters laptop
    Should I wish to defend the Garda Siochana that is my right. It is my opinion that making huge generalities about groups of any sort is dangerous, stupid and needs a voice of caution. This thread is particularly vicious imo.

I told the truth, the absolute truth about my daughter's lap top, I leave the fairy stories to others. When I tell you a fairy story you will know. Here's one, "once upon a time there was a fella from Northern Ireland who had a sense of humour".
    Other people have a nationality. The Jews and the Irish have a psychosis: Brendan Behan

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    An interesting question. I've been in two places I can think of that were Garda-free.

One was Tahrir Square, for 6 days, where part of our activity was to make sure that police did not get in, by barring them at the entrances to the square, and if they did, in spite of these efforts, to gently evict them by handing them over to the army. Tahrir Square is acknowledged to have been a haven of safety during the occupation, particularly for women, who normally get harrassed. As soon as they were let back in again, and the peoples' security disbanded at the end of the occupation, the trouble started.

The reason they were barred was because they had been killing people.

The other place is some of the smaller islands off our south western coast.
    Nothing untoward seemed to be going on there.
    I would bloodywell hope that Tahrir Square would indeed be Garda-free as it's in downtown Cairo, Egypt. This thread is about the Garda Siochana, no? Or have I gone mad entirely?

A gangster force. Little pity for most of them. The ones in the local town were buying up social housing under their kids names during the boom and renting it out....everyone knew but nothing said of course.

That flashing the badge thing is ridiculous in a supposed republic...feckin wasters.

I told the truth, the absolute truth about my daughter's lap top, I leave the fairy stories to others. When I tell you a fairy story you will know. Here's one, "once upon a time there was a fella from Northern Ireland who had a sense of humour".
    Right so we all just imagined the illegal intimidation, jailing and persecution of a family I've known all my life so. I imagined all the broken bones, burned out premises and dead dogs too throughout Donegal and Galway. I must have been just dreaming the times I had to give statements to Carty or sit in the public gallery of court cases as people I knew to be innocent of any wrongdoing whatsoever faced the full might of a corrupt State. Must have imagined all those millions in compensation too, though they were a long time coming.

Irish people live in a bloody fantasy world and react very very badly when their little myths that they all cling to to make life bearable are disturbed.

Quote Originally Posted by culmore View Post
    Seems to me the Gardai are a bit like our politicians, want everything for nothing and cry poverty , while driving an 11. year car with houses in spain and turkey and holidays a few times a year.
    They point to the consequences for them of having their agreed pay rates slashed and you see that as looking for something for nothing. Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by culmore View Post
    Just get back and do an honest days work
    Does an honest days work for an honest days pay mean we should expect 86% of a days work for 86% of a days pay?

It is my opinion that making huge generalities about groups of any sort is dangerous, stupid and needs a voice of caution.
    Groups of any sort ..... So tell us the good side of the mafia.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast