Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pity the coppers? 'Gardaí have no money after bills are paid'

Default Re: Pity the coppers? 'Gardaí have no money after bills are paid'

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    And without the Gardaí? How would all you brave souls be?
    Better off probably. You could try and establish a force that was genuinely interested in serving and protecting communities as opposed to acting as hired thugs for transnational corporations.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Garda terms of the CP agreement are here.
    Historically they have always earned more then everyone else in the PS - CSO.

"The cost of buying a garda's pension on the open market would amount to €1.1m, figures calculated by pensions experts show. But the garda will only have contributed €110,000, or 10pc"
    That was an Indo story though

Those allowances that came to light a year or two back are behind an IT paywall now but its pasted on boards.

BASIC
    + shift allowance
    + rent allowance tax free(€4,160)
    + uniform allowance
    + boot allowance
    + away from station for the day allowance(airport passport guys + other moving prisoners from x to y)
    + overtime(easily availible, perhaps reduced now)
    + handy days standing around croke park (€200euro from what i'm told)
    + scheduling a ten minute court appearance on your day off knowing that you'll get paid for the minimum 5hours you get under union agreements that state you must be paid this minimum time regardless of your actual time worked(been told first hand about this)
    +Garda credit union(cheap loans how many apartments have you rented from Garda i've been in 3 apartments all owned by garda in the last 5 years, 3 friends have garda landlords)
    +health insurance for you and married partner
    + if put on clerical duty(9-5) an allowance to compensate you for the allowances your missing by not working unsocial hours
    + while on holiday pay an allowance to cover the overtime/allowance you could have potentiallly got if you weren't on the beach basically unsocial hours work allowance even though your not in
    + plain clothes allowance, if your plain clothes garda to buy your own clothes
    +Gaeltacht Allowance and Aran Island Allowance
    + retire @ 50 with full pension(lump sum+payments)

Cost:
    Rent allowance costs €58 million Its paid to every member up to and including superintendent.

Premium Payments (€9.07m) Paid to those on holiday who would normally be eligible for unsociable hours allowance.

Clerical Allowance (€2.07m) paid to cops doing paperwork to make up for the allowances they are loosing out on because they are basically clerical staff.

Gaeltacht Allowance and Aran Island Allowance (€1.2m) (its value is 7.5 per cent of basic pay)

Uniform Grant and Allowance and Boot Allowance (€5.4 m)

Plain Clothes Allowance (€1.9m)

Non-Public Duty Allowances (€1.7m)

Quote Originally Posted by FIVE View Post
    Wasn't there one allowance you were entitled to just to make up for not getting the unsociable hours one because you weren't working the unsociable hours?
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    They're not all corrupt. Some undoubtedly are and the innercity Gardai love beating the ***** out of students and protesters, but to lump rural gardai and beangardai in with the riot squad and a few on the take from criminal gangs in the city is just woefully inaccurate to say the least. You honestly suggesting theres embedded corruption in yer average part time country garda?
    Yes.

I grew up in Inishowen, I've known the Shortt family all my life, I was a barman in the Point Inn at the time.

I saw plenty of dodgy dealings involving Gardaí in the 8 years I lived in Galway too.

The entire force is rotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    Better off probably. You could try and establish a force that was genuinely interested in serving and protecting communities as opposed to acting as hired thugs for transnational corporations.
    This. The Guards are basically a vigilante gang for the wealthy connected insider elite and MNCs, to keep the peasantry in line while the country's resources and wealth is trousered. They aren't "police" as any other civilised country would understand the word.

50 years now of rampant FF corruption and the Gardaí have done ******* all about it. That's all anyone needs to know, anything else is just noise. They know who they work for, and it isn't us.
    Last edited by Sidewinder; 19-04-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Yes.

I grew up in Inishowen, I've known the Shortt family all my life, I was a barman in the Point Inn at the time.

I saw plenty of dodgy dealings involving Gardaí in the 8 years I lived in Galway too.

The entire force is rotten.

This. The Guards are basically a vigilante gang for the wealthy connected insider elite and MNCs, to keep the peasantry in line while the country's resources and wealth is trousered. They aren't "police" as any other civilised country would understand the word.

50 years now of rampant FF corruption and the Gardaí have done ******* all about it. That's all anyone needs to know, anything else is just noise. They know who they work for, and it isn't us.

Oh for God's sake, would you grow up! What a bloody stupid thing to say on so many levels.
    Other people have a nationality. The Jews and the Irish have a psychosis: Brendan Behan

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    We dont live in a republic. google Irelands official name.
    Just did what you asked. Looked up Ireland. Came up with "The Republic of Ireland, named so in "The Republic of Ireland Act" 1949 well feck my old boots. So now what?

Where do you think you live? Enlighten me Einstein.
    Other people have a nationality. The Jews and the Irish have a psychosis: Brendan Behan

Just did what you asked. Looked up Ireland. Came up with "The Republic of Ireland, named so in "The Republic of Ireland Act" 1949 well feck my old boots. So now what?

Where do you think you live? Enlighten me Einstein.
    I can help there. If you pick up the book that is regarded as the standard work on constitutional law in Ireland and known to every law student (O'Kelly) you will find I think in the first chapter an explanation that Ireland is not in fact a Republic.

The 'Republic of Ireland' is only enshrined in Irish law as a translation of 'Eire'. 'Eire' is undefined in Irish law.

I've used this knowledge to point out that De Valera and Fianna Fail effectively were granted Home Rule and were certainly not in favour of giving the country the status of a Republic. A Republic, as with a democracy, comes with certain visible and commonly held traits which De Valera had no intention of having enshrined in law. This was the hole in the corner solution.

It was pointed out by lawyers various and resulted in an Act begrudgingly allowed in 1948 called 'The Republic of Ireland Act' which did everything BUT declare Ireland a Republic. Essentially it was a further wool-pulling exercise.

The 'Republic of Ireland' is a phrase you are used to because it is used a lot but legally as O'Kellly in fact points out in every law student's course is not legally a Republic. The phrase is still only a translation of Eire and Eire is whatever (traditionally) Fianna Fail wants to think it is at any given time.

If you don't believe me walk into any Easons or decent bookshop and check the non-fiction section for O'Kelly's 'Constitutional Law' and I couldn't swear to the page numbers but around pages 27/28 you will see the backup for what I've just outlined.
    Last edited by Captain Con O'Sullivan; 19-04-2011 at 03:57 PM.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

[/B]

Oh for God's sake, would you grow up! What a bloody stupid thing to say on so many levels.
    Ever heard the word 'quash' in connection with Gardai?
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

[/B]

It all made perfect sense to me on every level. I have to say that the Garda Siochana were the biggest shower of wasters as an organised body that I ever had the misfortune to encounter. How they have got away with it for decades is beyond me ... in other countries there is some level of accountability. I used to think that reform was possible but now I think the rotten culture is too deeply engrained and the Irish people should just disband the whole thing, tear down their headquarters, stations, and training centre and start again from scratch.

I asked the question earlier of the Baron who was off on another of his Tir Na N'og efforts to say official Ireland was the real Ireland which benefits he was claiming the Gardai had lost when he used the word 'shredded' ... no response as yet.

God give me strength. Oh, I forgot. I'm an atheist. Captain, I'll take your word for it, okay.

I live in a country that I thought was called The Republic of Ireland but apparently is not. I live in Éire.

Now that we have that straight, we do have that straight, do we, good? Can we go back to explaining who will I call, or will I tell my grandchildren to call if we are in trouble with someone threatening our lives, our property, our safety? Oh, let me guess. I should "google" for the bloody answer, should I? Or call on Éirígí to rush to save us, maybe bring their bloody stupid guillotine along?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    It all made perfect sense to me on every level. I have to say that the Garda Siochana were the biggest shower of wasters as an organised body that I ever had the misfortune to encounter. How they have got away with it for decades is beyond me ... in other countries there is some level of accountability. I used to think that reform was possible but now I think the rotten culture is too deeply engrained and the Irish people should just disband the whole thing, tear down their headquarters, stations, and training centre and start again from scratch.
    Well, it would, Sam Lord, make perfect sense to you. It makes perfect sense to me that you would find it makes perfect sense to you.

In fact I would have been bloody well amazed if it had not made perfect sense to you!

God give me strength. Oh, I forgot. I'm an atheist. Captain, I'll take your word for it, okay.

I live in a country that I thought was called The Republic of Ireland but apparently is not. I live in Éire.

Now that we have that straight, we do have that straight, do we, good? Can we go back to explaining who will I call, or will I tell my grandchildren to call if we are in trouble with someone threatening our lives, our property, our safety? Oh, let me guess. I should "google" for the bloody answer, should I? Or call on Éirígí to rush to save us, maybe bring their bloody stupid guillotine along?
    Have you had to call the Gardai lately? By the way you seem angry but all I did was answer the question you asked.

In my experience one of the biggest threats to life, limb and property if you choose to live in the Republic are the bloody Gardaí.

I've known people jailed for years on trumped up charges because they stood up to local tinpot dictator guards trying to illegally throw their weight around, or because the spoke out in public against various financial, business and property scams local guards were involved in. I've known many, many people who've been battered senseless and hospitalised for no reason at all by guards. I know of quite a few cases of arson, vandalism and even pet murder carried out in intimidation campaigns....by gardaí. Numerous cases of outright blatant unbelievable perjury by gardaí in court cases being accepted unquestioningly by corrupt judges, no matter how bizarre the testimony was.

In every single case if people fought for their rights the entire weight of the State was arrayed against them. Many emigrated. Some ended up alcoholics or on antidepressants. And in every case the guards in question were simply transferred to another parish, just like priests, or if they were nearing 50 got a nice early retirement package. It took over 12 years for the State to stop fighting Frank Shortt, a case I was personally involved with.

Don't talk to me about those verminous scumbags. "Police"? Bunch of thuggish skangers more like. Bottom-feeding pondscum the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    In my experience one of the biggest threats to life, limb and property if you choose to live in the Republic are the bloody Gardaí.

I've known people jailed for years on trumped up charges because they stood up to local tinpot dictator guards trying to illegally throw their weight around, or because the spoke out in public against various financial, business and property scams local guards were involved in. I've known many, many people who've been battered senseless and hospitalised for no reason at all by guards. I know of quite a few cases of arson, vandalism and even pet murder carried out in intimidation campaigns....by gardaí. Numerous cases of outright blatant unbelievable perjury by gardaí in court cases being accepted unquestioningly by corrupt judges, no matter how bizarre the testimony was.

In every single case if people fought for their rights the entire weight of the State was arrayed against them. Many emigrated. Some ended up alcoholics or on antidepressants. And in every case the guards in question were simply transferred to another parish, just like priests, or if they were nearing 50 got a nice early retirement package. It took over 12 years for the State to stop fighting Frank Shortt, a case I was personally involved with.

Don't talk to me about those verminous scumbags. "Police"? Bunch of thuggish skangers more like. Bottom-feeding pondscum the lot of them.
    From the heart! And bloody right on!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast