Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Week in Politics - Heckle Here

Default Re: The Week in Politics - Heckle Here

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    Many, many people have no private pensions so if they're forced to retire at 65 they'll have no income for a year until they get the OAP.
    3 years no?

Won't be long until the government tell people to sell their home and buy an apartment at 65 so they can survive to the OAP
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Mr. Beans penny-boy praises budgets that savaged PS workers, MW workers and welfare recipients. Who'd've seen that coming?

Well done to TWIP for showing a clip of Lenihan spoofing transparently to Sean O'Rourke back in January instead of some saccharine nonsense. The clip spoke for itself.

Default Maidir Le: The Week in Politics - Heckle Here

He could have had another ministry in the future.......

I like when O'Rourke asked McGrath if Lenihan was the best leader FF never had and McGrath responded that yes, Lenihan would have made a great Taoiseach.

The sense of entitlement has not gone away
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    I like when O'Rourke asked McGrath if Lenihan was the best leader FF never had and McGrath responded that yes, Lenihan would have made a great Taoiseach.

The sense of entitlement has not gone away
    Indeed ... and it won't until they (go away)

Down but not out = FF

"Endangered Species" needs to be progressed to "Extinct"

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Well View Post
    Indeed ... and it won't until they (go away)

Down but not out = FF

"Endangered Species" needs to be progressed to "Extinct"
    We're getting there VERY quickly. 19!!! They wont win this by election as brian only just made the quota-not even. Conor has no chance as he got 4000 or less votes in Tallaght area and was even more reviled. I see a sixth ULA seat. Kudos to Big Joe in advance for closing the gap to 14, and soon 13. I am now certain the ULA and SF will far outstrip FF and even Lab in next elections, locally and nationally. at least in terms of votes gained locally and dail seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    We're getting there VERY quickly. 19!!! They wont win this by election as brian only just made the quota-not even. Conor has no chance as he got 4000 or less votes in Tallaght area and was even more reviled. I see a sixth ULA seat. Kudos to Big Joe in advance for closing the gap to 14, and soon 13. I am now certain the ULA and SF will far outstrip FF and even Lab in next elections, locally and nationally. at least in terms of votes gained locally and dail seats.
    Not getting there half quick enough

The Local Elections will be the be all and end all for FFers methinks (whether or not they know it)

To all in the ABFF Camp (and that's a wide parish) that's the next window of opportunity to bury FF

Talking about credit. There isn't any.

The Lab Strategic Investment Bank seems to be gone overboard.

Is Sherlock hinting that the Household Charge and Water metering will be used to subsidise business through rates reductions?

Call me a cynic but my stomach is heaving looking at Halligan polishing his halo. He gave away his party leaders allowance - to groups in his own constituency. To any normal person that screams of electoral spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    Call me a cynic but my stomach is heaving looking at Halligan polishing his halo. He gave away his party leaders allowance - to groups in his own constituency. To any normal person that screams of electoral spending.
    It did to me. He says he's topping up things that were cut, but it's essentially vote-buying.

Was it really necessary for RTE to send a crew to Paris for that poxy presenattion??

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    Was it really necessary for RTE to send a crew to Paris for that poxy presenattion??
    I wonder did they sample the boeuf irlandais? I can smell that grill from here

Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast