Page 2 of 234 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in the Sunday Papers ?

Default Re: Whats in the Sunday Papers

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyJoe McGillycuddy View Post
    I don't think so, C. I"m clicking my way through it anyway
    The "today's paper" version was looking for 300 euro from me.

Was it worth clicking?

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    The "today's paper" version was looking for 300 euro from me.

Was it worth clicking?
    Wha??
    Looks like the Indo doesn't like you so. What time was that? Maybe they are thinking about a pay wall and you saw a beta test page?

I don't think so, C. I"m clicking my way through it anyway
    Wha??
    Looks like the Indo doesn't like you so. What time was that? Maybe they are thinking about a pay wall and you saw a beta test page?
    Who's to know?

This reminds me that it's time that PW moved out of its Beta test mode possibly in to gamma mode...

Who's to know?

This reminds me that it's time that PW moved out of its Beta test mode possibly in to gamma mode...
    Warp force 9?

Speaking of the Indo, Gene Kerrigan has it spot on today:
    Welcome to Occupied Ireland. We haven't been invaded, there was no siege, but after last Thursday I trust the governing arrangements are crystal clear?
    In recent weeks it wasn't just the banks that were stress tested -- the robustness of our democratic structures were assessed. And we saw the result. We are free to vote for a government, but it's a puppet government, a Vichy regime.
    The power lies with a handful of unelected EU mandarins, and the proconsuls they appoint to look after the details. The policies imposed on the late unlamented Biffo administration will continue -- protect the bondholders, protect the euro, try to make up the difference by cutting services, wages and jobs. The jargon we must use to describe our rulers has been specified: "Our External Partners".
    http://www.independent.ie/opinion/co...e-2607419.html

A new regime. Worth a new thread?

A new regime. Worth a new thread?
    It is. I'll pop one up.

Story on page 5 of the Sunday Times by Colin Coyle which says that Michael Lowry remortgaged his Holycross house with INBS in April 2008 for €550,000. Lowry became the full owner of the property in March 2010 when his divorce was finalised.
    Lowry is quoted as saying this weekend that he does not expect to have to pay his own legal costs for the Moriarty Tribuna.

From the Tweet machine tonight:
    [Sindo: Tax battle - are we losing to Germany? - Fears that Noonan will surrender on business rate to get interest cut.
    Sindo: Rape case work was garda's forte - says sergeant in rape tape case commended by state prosecutors for his investigation of rape cases
    Sindo p25 - Jody Corcoran has already lost faith with the new government, and lashes out at "idiot bloggers and online posters
    oh and a piece on how DNA tests are needed to clean up dog poop problem!/QUOTE]
    in the st this week then - Bev Flynn's chip shop, fat expectant fathers, new old-style fitness centres, mother teresa mystery and polygamy
    also: crowdfunding of the arts, HSE's legal bills, obama in croker, evoting storage debacle continues and a ruined listed building
    And a row involving Lucinda Creighton, plan to cut Dail committees, an orangutan orphan and new pyrite court case
    Beverley Flynn, former TD, is now running a chip shop in Spain, Sunday Times will reveal
    tomorrow.
    Thanks to @burns43 and roakleyIRL

and lashes out at "idiot bloggers and online posters
    Whats this all about then?

Oh see,

There were some amongst us who knew that this was a great big lie, which could not be delivered upon. In fact, within days of the election of the new Government you got a heads-up courtesy of the Sunday Independent, for which we were roundly tut-tutted.

"Voter betrayal", our headline said: the Fine Gael and Labour Government would continue to implement in detail the economic and banking policies of the outgoing Government.

Such headlines tend to be ignored by other media with a more lofty self-regard -- I am thinking of RTE and The Irish Times here -- not to mention the various idiot bloggers and online posters, but invariably such headlines turn out to be true, sooner or later.

Everyone was wrong but the SINDO, fancy that.
    Last edited by Dr. FIVE; 10-04-2011 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FIVE View Post
    Oh see,

Every was wrong but the SINDO, fancy that.
    Not a big shock that crap writers like Jody Corcoran would aim a couple of kicks at 'idiot bloggers'.
    He's afraid of having his lunch eaten; and with very good reason

Come to think of it Jody Corcoran was the journalist who wrote that Dermot Desmond and JP McManus were seen around government buildings on the night of the guarantee in September 2008.
    He has refused to comment on that story since.

Default Re: What's in the Sunday Papers ?

From the tweet machine so far:

SBP lead: Quinn family's personal assets beyond Anglo's reach; Ministers believed ECB was issuing threats; pressure on John Bruton re Aras

Sunday World has named the sports journalist. Tomorrow will not be a good day for Irish journalism

Sunday Times news - senior PR executive says Van Morrison lied to him, and caused him to give incorrect information about Gigi Lee to RTE

ST News: Pat Rabbitte tells @smissmac that water charges may have to come in before metering, such is the state of public finances

Scale of the threats ECB made to Irish ministers is becoming clear - Sunday Bizz Post, p1.

Sindo: "At last! A plan to kick-start property" (NAMA selloff), right on top of Brendan O'Connor decrying the emergence of Property Bubble 2

Thanks to @Jburns43 and @gavreilly

Default Re: What's in the Sunday Papers ?

The NAMA sell-off should be fun to watch PJ remember NAMA don't own the asset it's the loan that is their responsibility. How do you force a developer to accept a price that they deem unreasonable ?

More political posturing that will end in tears and I would imagine the Legal Eagles will be the only ones to profit.

Page 2 of 234 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast