Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel launches Wave of Air Attacks over Gaza

Default Israel launches Wave of Air Attacks over Gaza

News just breaking of waves of air attacks across Gaza by Israel on Sky News now. Did I miss something happening earlier? What's going on?
    Other people have a nationality. The Jews and the Irish have a psychosis: Brendan Behan

Default Re: Israel launches Wave of Air Attacks over Gaza

Report here:-

AFP, the French news agency, and Israel radio reported repeated strikes on the strip late Monday night.

Israel radio said that there were reports from Palestinian sources of 17 wounded, about half of them children. The army was not responding to the reports, the radio said.

The strikes came after the worst barrage of rocket attacks on southern Israel in two years, on Saturday. The armed wing of Hamas, Izzadin Kassam Brigades, claimed responsibility for most of the explosives.
    http://www.jta.org/news/article/2011...-strikes-gaza1

Ya could have said that it was in response to rocket attacks in the title of the thread..................

Yeah it was probably out of proportion etc etc as per usual with the IDF..................but funnily enough indiscriminate rockets launches (no guidance systems) into built up urban areas in Israel are seen as just dandy around here - but over in Libya...........Oh those horrible imperialist americans attacking that nice Mr Gaddafi and his army....................

H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.S.C.Y...................

Any meeting of the Security Council set up for this one!!!!

Guess not.....

After all, it's only Gaza.......no oil......only people.

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Edo View Post
    Ya could have said that it was in response to rocket attacks in the title of the thread..................

Yeah it was probably out of proportion etc etc as per usual with the IDF..................but funnily enough indiscriminate rockets launches (no guidance systems) into built up urban areas in Israel are seen as just dandy around here - but over in Libya...........Oh those horrible imperialist americans attacking that nice Mr Gaddafi and his army....................

Who said they were "just dandy" ?

And you could have said that the "rocket" attacks were in response to ...

"Targeting the enemy's posts was a response to the ongoing Zionist assaults, airstrikes and tanks shelling on the Gaza Strip. The latest was two days ago, where two of our mujahidin were killed," said Hamas' armed wing, the Al-Qassam Brigades.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    And you could have said that the "rocket" attacks were in response to ...

"Targeting the enemy's posts was a response to the ongoing Zionist assaults, airstrikes and tanks shelling on the Gaza Strip. The latest was two days ago, where two of our mujahidin were killed," said Hamas' armed wing, the Al-Qassam Brigades.
    that was probably in response to.....and that was in response to .......and that was in response to.............and down and down the rabbit hole we go until we arrive back with Goliath and David etc etc etc

It takes two to tango Sam

Im with the Palestinians for the most part on the whole Israel/Palestinian fandango.......but Im slowly losing interest in the whole thing as the crazies on both sides seem to be solidifying their grip on the populations of both camps.

that was probably in response to.....and that was in response to .......and that was in response to.............and down and down the rabbit hole we go until we arrive back with Goliath and David etc etc etc
    And who raised the issue of response? Yes, that would be you ...
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    And who raised the issue of response? Yes, that would be you ...
    Yeh I did - sue me - I was just making the point that the OP failed to mention/or didnt want to mention the befores to make it look like this was big bad Israel bulling them poor pacifist hamas chaps out of the blue in an unprovoked attack. ....probably to contrast the situation with Libya as has been the fashion recently and imply that the Israelis are doing this because the medias attention is elsewhere.

Yeh I did - sue me - I was just making the point that the OP failed to mention/or didnt want to mention the befores to make it look like this was big bad Israel bulling them poor pacifist hamas chaps out of the blue in an unprovoked attack. ....probably to contrast the situation with Libya as has been the fashion recently and imply that the Israelis are doing this because the medias attention is elsewhere.
    And why did you forget to mention what the "rocket" attacks were in respone to?

So Hamas fire a rocket or two and Israel's response is to bomb civilians in Gaza. I notice now that the smuggling tunnels that kept thousands alive and provided fuel to hospitals and Gaza's only power station (BTW, the director of that plant was violently kidnapped by Israeli agents in Ukraine in Feb. and is now reported to be in an Israeli prison. His crime - keeping a power station working despite all the attempts of the Israelis to render it inoperable. Link - Israel gags talk on jailed Gaza power plant chief ) are now 'bomb smuggling tunnels'. Collective punishment is the tactic of the unapologetic racist, and Israel is clearly a racist régime of the first water, with its apartheid walls, ethnic cleansing, pass laws, illegal settlements and much much more in its nasty locker. The Israelis are hoping that the world's attention will be diverted by events in Libya, and sadly they are probably right.
    "It is we the workers who built these palaces and cities here in Spain and in America and everywhere. We, the workers, can build others to take their place. And better ones! We are not in the least afraid of ruins. We are going to inherit the earth; there is not the slightest doubt about that. The bourgeoisie might blast and ruin its own world before it leaves the stage of history. We carry a new world here, in our hearts."
    — Buenaventura Durruti

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    News just breaking of waves of air attacks across Gaza by Israel on Sky News now. Did I miss something happening earlier? What's going on?

Please note my wording Edo, oh, and the Question Marks. Question Marks look like this ??????

I am delighted to read of your opinions of the bombing of civilians and I agree whole-heartedly. I would however confine any nasty comments re Americans to American Foreign policy. Civilians getting it in the neck again.
    Other people have a nationality. The Jews and the Irish have a psychosis: Brendan Behan

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    The reasoning behind the Israeli aggression is rather simple. World attention is focussed on Libya and the jingoism is being ramped up in the US and Britain so the climate was perfect for the Israelis to slip a bit of terrror-bombing in 'under the radar screen'.
    "Do not be misled by the promises of politicians. Remember that the whole history of Ireland is a record of betrayals by politicians and statesmen, and remembering this, spurn their lying promises and stand up for a United Ireland - an Ireland broad based upon the union of Labour and Nationality." - James Connolly.

I imagine there were elements of Israel showing its strength in this. Given the collapse and overthrow of friendly régimes throughout the Arab world like Mubarak, the Israeli leaders must be frightened, and this is the only way they know of presenting a strong face to the world- bomb a few civilians.
    Нооруз пиээ пурылыа выиттыа

'Our goal is to conquer state power for the Irish working class'
    Pat Rabitte, 1987

"Can I ask whether this is what the men of 1916 died for: a bailout from the German chancellor with a few shillings of sympathy from the British chancellor on the side?"
    Michael Noonan, November 2010

This story merited no mention in the RTE news.
    The blockade of Gaza is an open sore.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast