Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micheal Martin Announces Fianna Fail Candidates For Seanad Elections

Default Micheal Martin Announces Fianna Fail Candidates For Seanad Elections

Some of the last FF Seanad members must be feeling a bit put out by Michael's list of candidates for the upcoming Seanad Elections:-

CANDIDATE PANEL

Seán Connick Agricultural Panel

Senator Brian Ó Domhnaill Agricultural Panel

Senator James Carroll Agricultural Panel

Cllr Mary Fitzpatrick Administrative Panel

Thomas Byrne Cultural & Education Panel

Senator Darragh O’Brien Labour Panel

Cllr Jennifer Murnane O’Connor Labour Panel

Averil Power Industrial and Commercial Panel

Senator Marc Mac Sharry Industrial and Commercial Panel

Cllr Kenneth O’Flynn Industrial and Commercial Panel

Default Re: Micheal Martin Announces Fianna Fail Candidates For Seanad Elections

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    Some of the last FF Seanad members must be feeling a bit put out by Michael's list of candidates for the upcoming Seanad Elections:-

CANDIDATE PANEL

A little bird in Cork told me that Kenneth O'Fatcat's candidacy here was part of a deal to make sure O'Fatcat Snr. stood aside to allow Billy Bug Eyes to be the sole FF candidate in Cork North Central. Given the competition within Fianna Fáil O'Fatcat faces it'll tighten him to get a seat, but then again he has Me Hole's blessing, which must count for something...
    "It is we the workers who built these palaces and cities here in Spain and in America and everywhere. We, the workers, can build others to take their place. And better ones! We are not in the least afraid of ruins. We are going to inherit the earth; there is not the slightest doubt about that. The bourgeoisie might blast and ruin its own world before it leaves the stage of history. We carry a new world here, in our hearts."
    — Buenaventura Durruti

Default Re: Micheal Martin Announces Fianna Fail Candidates For Seanad Elections

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Ryder View Post
    A little bird in Cork told me that Kenneth O'Fatcat's candidacy here was part of a deal to make sure O'Fatcat Snr. stood aside to allow Billy Bug Eyes to be the sole FF candidate in Cork North Central. Given the competition within Fianna Fáil O'Fatcat faces it'll tighten him to get a seat, but then again he has Me Hole's blessing, which must count for something...
    Sounds like a Gimmick ...

But then again Kenneth would know all about those

http://corkpolitics.ie/wp/?p=7334

Off on his quest to reach the upper echelons like Dada no doubt - long live dynastic politics

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Well View Post
    Sounds like a Gimmick ...

But then again Kenneth would know all about those

http://corkpolitics.ie/wp/?p=7334

Off on his quest to reach the upper echelons like Dada no doubt - long live dynastic politics
    Well he is a Taoiseach in the making, or so his daddy is fond of saying...
    "It is we the workers who built these palaces and cities here in Spain and in America and everywhere. We, the workers, can build others to take their place. And better ones! We are not in the least afraid of ruins. We are going to inherit the earth; there is not the slightest doubt about that. The bourgeoisie might blast and ruin its own world before it leaves the stage of history. We carry a new world here, in our hearts."
    — Buenaventura Durruti

Who cares? We need to stop talking about this cabal of lunatics. The more people pay attention or even mention the feckers the more they'll believe they are still a big beast of the political world and can make their way back.

Ignore the scum. The only words we want to hear from the mouths of FFers are "Guilty, your honour"

Weird, but I've been chatting to someone in Cork this morning and apparently, Dan Boyle, remember there used to be a thing called "The Green Party", well, he's galloping around looking for signatures.

I can't see it myself. He lost his deposit for God's sake in the GE, and lost his seat in 07, only got into Seanad because of the eFFers. Has he got a chance. It's not right if he has. The people have spoken. And when has that ever matter Buddha. Never.
    Other people have a nationality. The Jews and the Irish have a psychosis: Brendan Behan

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Weird, but I've been chatting to someone in Cork this morning and apparently, Dan Boyle, remember there used to be a thing called "The Green Party", well, he's galloping around looking for signatures.

I can't see it myself. He lost his deposit for God's sake in the GE, and lost his seat in 07, only got into Seanad because of the eFFers. Has he got a chance. It's not right if he has. The people have spoken. And when has that ever matter Buddha. Never.
    I had thought with his silly election literature that imposturing slug had lost the plot. Now he's gone and topped it! There'll be regular snowball fights in hell long before Mr. Boyle gets elected again to any house of the Oireachtas.
    — Buenaventura Durruti

Are we to take it who ever makes it in will each be handsomely compensated if their 'jobs' are suddenly abolished?

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post

CANDIDATE PANEL

Christ. i can just picture those eegits byrne and carroll getn a cosy 5 year job in the seanad and then being elected when everyone comes against this govt in 4-5 years. Makes me sick. I hope the left, even with sf, form the next govt as i cant stand the status quo of the wheels on the bus go round and round..all day long..ah sure I hope to do a masters in germany anyways so I mightnt even be here to worry bout it. Ok so SF arent far left, but given the choice of some real change under a sf led left coalition with the ULA and no real change at all with the current swap jobs, I think its obv. Things are so bad that maybe next time, if im here, ill vote gerra! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Who cares? We need to stop talking about this cabal of lunatics. The more people pay attention or even mention the feckers the more they'll believe they are still a big beast of the political world and can make their way back.

Ignore the scum. The only words we want to hear from the mouths of FFers are "Guilty, your honour"
    or please dont shoot..

Quote Originally Posted by FIVE View Post
    Are we to take it who ever makes it in will each be handsomely compensated if their 'jobs' are suddenly abolished?
    Im sure that is the case

Any chance they can all lose?

Isn't Micheal being a tad ageist?? There's quite a few standing that aren't on his list. Mostly because they lack a certain youth. Having said that, the experience of some of the oldies may appeal to certain sectors of the FF electorate, which is not known for its youth and avant garde viewpoints.

Of the preferred list, I'd like to see Mary Fitzpatrick elected, mostly because Bertie spent years trying to shaft her. Other than that, I'm pretty indifferent.....

I thought that the Senate was promised to be a 'dead duck'....in the run-up to the election....surely the prospective Govt wasn't telling 'porkies' to the electorate...were they??

Quote Originally Posted by whydontwe View Post
    I thought that the Senate was promised to be a 'dead duck'....in the run-up to the election....surely the prospective Govt wasn't telling 'porkies' to the electorate...were they??
    It appears it is enshrined in the constitution, which means we have to elect a new one before they spend months jawjawing about how to word a referendum in order to abolish it.

And obviously, if the Senators can persuade us all that the abolition plan is an evil plot by the IMF/EU to denude us of 'democratic' representation, then we'll vote to keep it and it may not be abolished at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast