Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112
Results 1,666 to 1,676 of 1676

Thread: Discovering Ireland.

  1. #1666
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Swords
    Posts
    1,594

    Default Re: Discovering Ireland.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trow View Post
    Wonders indeed Maurice. Nice work.
    Thank you, Trow. Appreciated.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6469earth.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	1259

    This 4ftx4ft Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot' painting by yours truly is now in my garden for the passing thousands to see. :-)
    We are all insane animals existing for a time on an obviously unfinished planet.
    www.irelandtoo.com

  2. #1667
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Swords
    Posts
    1,594

    Default Re: Discovering Ireland.



    Inspired by a photo in 'The Irish Times'. Not the full picture.

    Only seen this bird twice in my life, here in Swords Ireland!
    We are all insane animals existing for a time on an obviously unfinished planet.
    www.irelandtoo.com

  3. #1668
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,584

    Default Re: Discovering Ireland.

    Quote Originally Posted by MauriceColgan View Post


    Inspired by a photo in 'The Irish Times'. Not the full picture.

    Only seen this bird twice in my life, here in Swords Ireland!
    nice !! you came a long away since the first paintings.. the framing, depth, usage of color all over the canvas...really good...

    love your 'on our Universe' series ..

  4. #1669
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Swords
    Posts
    1,594

    Default Re: Discovering Ireland.

    Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    nice !! you came a long away since the first paintings.. the framing, depth, usage of color all over the canvas...really good...

    love your 'on our Universe' series ..
    Very encoutaging, random new yorker.

    The Kingfisher painted today has been sold just now to a facebook friend in Germany. :-)
    We are all insane animals existing for a time on an obviously unfinished planet.
    www.irelandtoo.com

  5. #1670
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Grove
    Posts
    3,890

    Default Re: Discovering Ireland.

    Quote Originally Posted by MauriceColgan View Post
    Thank you, Trow. Appreciated.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6469earth.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	1259

    This 4ftx4ft Carl Sagan's 'Pale Blue Dot' painting by yours truly is now in my garden for the passing thousands to see. :-)
    Touch of a storm brewing near the gulf of Mexico in that one Maurice. Fine detail.
    Happiness is an inside job.

  6. #1671
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Swords
    Posts
    1,594

    Default Re: Discovering Ireland.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trow View Post
    Touch of a storm brewing near the gulf of Mexico in that one Maurice. Fine detail.
    Thank you, again, Trow. Appreciated.

    My daughter and I were in Petersberg Florida last year just a week after a severe storm in the Gulf of Mexico. :-)
    We are all insane animals existing for a time on an obviously unfinished planet.
    www.irelandtoo.com

  7. #1672
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,886

    Default Re: Discovering Ireland.

    Quote Originally Posted by MauriceColgan View Post


    Inspired by a photo in 'The Irish Times'. Not the full picture.

    Only seen this bird twice in my life, here in Swords Ireland!
    That is outstanding.

    As Random says, your paintings have improved a lot!... Just goes to show, us old dogs can sometimes learn new tricks

    This is the first of your paintings that has really grabbed me. Nice one.

  8. #1673
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Swords
    Posts
    1,594

    Default Re: Discovering Ireland.

    Quote Originally Posted by eamo View Post
    That is outstanding.

    As Random says, your paintings have improved a lot!... Just goes to show, us old dogs can sometimes learn new tricks

    This is the first of your paintings that has really grabbed me. Nice one.
    Thank you,eamo. Appreciated. Quite a number of people have admired the Kingfisher. I will most probably do another. :-)

    My best year though was 1981 when I was exhibiting dozens of my paintings in a pub in the UK. Landscapes, portraits, and still life. They were selling like hot cakes!
    We are all insane animals existing for a time on an obviously unfinished planet.
    www.irelandtoo.com

  9. #1674
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,886

    Default Re: Discovering Ireland.

    Quote Originally Posted by MauriceColgan View Post
    Thank you,eamo. Appreciated. Quite a number of people have admired the Kingfisher. I will most probably do another. :-)

    My best year though was 1981 when I was exhibiting dozens of my paintings in a pub in the UK. Landscapes, portraits, and still life. They were selling like hot cakes!
    My mistake. I don't know why I thought you were new to the painting scene.

    The Irish Times Kingfisher picture that you tell us inspired your painting was taken from the Lower Dodder road near Rathfarnham bridge. There is at least one Kingfisher that hangs around that stretch of river. I have seen it several times, a small, beautifully colored bird. It was there again this morning and some of the birdwatchers confirmed what I had suspected, that this was where the photo was taken.

    This is the spot where the Kingfisher is most often seen. This was this morning and as usual at the weekends the bird watchers were out in force:



    And if you get talking to them for Gods sake don't call them Twitchers, that pisses them off no end.

  10. #1675
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Swords
    Posts
    1,594

    Default Re: Discovering Ireland.

    [QUOTE=eamo;468432]My mistake. I don't know why I thought you were new to the painting scene.

    That's okay, eamo. Thanks for the Kingfisher info. There is one seen very early here in the river that runs through Swords.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g6317_u3167_MAUR74.v3.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	1260


    This very ambitious painting was done by me 1974. A copy of course. A Constable may be along soon. :-)
    We are all insane animals existing for a time on an obviously unfinished planet.
    www.irelandtoo.com

  11. #1676
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Swords
    Posts
    1,594

    Default Re: Discovering Ireland.

    [QUOTE=eamo;468432]My mistake. I don't know why I thought you were new to the painting scene.

    That's okay, eamo. Thanks for the Kingfisher info. There is one seen very early here in the river that runs through Swords.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g6317_u3167_MAUR74.v3.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	1260


    This very ambitious painting was done by me 1974. A copy of course. A Constable may be along soon. :-)

    Maureen would have been 33 at that time.
    We are all insane animals existing for a time on an obviously unfinished planet.
    www.irelandtoo.com

Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Share us
Follow Us