Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newstalk interview enraging

Default Re: Newstalk interview enraging

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    thats a little unfair. i dont think they are allowed to give it back. the ula do it the best-they give half to charity and half to the party. thats the best option in me own view if the establishment wont enforce pay cuts because SVP are keeping a lot of people in their homes and I'd do same if elected-except id give 80% to svp and 20% to any party i was in. the charity i give the most to is SVP because they protect ordinary irish people-no other charity does so as much. they spend 5 million a week on average(2010 figures).
    I think you may be right here - payroll has to issue the agreed rate.

But I think that using the funds to pick and choose where it goes- charity or whatever, is not the same as putting it into the Exchequer/public finances.

I am trying to think of some way in which an individual might contribute to the exchequer, and for the life of me I can't.

Perhaps the thing to do would be to buy prize bonds and invest any winnings straight back into prize bonds ?

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    I think you may be right here - payroll has to issue the agreed rate.

But I think that using the funds to pick and choose where it goes- charity or whatever, is not the same as putting it into the Exchequer/public finances.

I am trying to think of some way in which an individual might contribute to the exchequer, and for the life of me I can't.

Perhaps the thing to do would be to buy prize bonds and invest any winnings straight back into prize bonds ?
    Look it though cf, svp keeps people in their homes-better that than losing all yer money on bonds. also dont forget they could start up a local enterprise fund with some of their wages too they get so much(92 k min. after tax)

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    Look it though cf, svp keeps people in their homes-better that than losing all yer money on bonds. also dont forget they could start up a local enterprise fund with some of their wages too they get so much(92 k min. after tax)
    It's the principle of the thing. If a public servant wants to take a pay cut, they can't reserve the right to pick and choose how the money is spent. It should go back to the Government.

Perhaps they could gift it to the state in the same way that people gift works of art.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    Perhaps they could gift it to the state in the same way that people gift works of art.
    It would be an interesting exercise to try

I might get in touch with the D o F and ask them how I can give them a tenner.

It would be an interesting exercise to try

I might get in touch with the D o F and ask them how I can give them a tenner.
    Good idea. Keep us posted. If you're successful you could tell those noble TDs who struggle under the oppressive yoke of too much pay how to follow your example.

Ran rings around John Murray despite his best efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncorruptable View Post
    Ming has said he will use it for local amenities in his constituency.
    Is that something like a private slush fund?
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12