Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Micheal Martin and the €88745 Severance Payment

Default Micheal Martin and the €88745 Severance Payment

This might have been mentioned in another Thread but I felt it also merited one of its own.

NEW Fianna Fail leader Micheal Martin's attempt to promote his new political reform package was overshadowed last night by his refusal to give up his €90,000 pay-off as a former minister.

He and the six remaining cabinet ministers will be paid almost €90,000 in severance payments over the next two years, even though they plan to continue as TDs.

They will get these payments to 'compensate' them for loss of ministerial salaries.

Mr Martin confirmed he will not give up these payments, which Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny has promised to abolish for future ministers.

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...s-2529404.html

And now we have FF & Martin's grand plan for "radical reform in Government and Politics" - despite the fact that FF have been in power for 14 years with more than ample time to effect such reformation. Indeed, they have been in power for a large part of this State's existence.

It is an insult to the people of this country to be told of this grandiose plan by a Party who have been in power and direct control of the country and its affairs for well over a decade, on whose watch the IMF arrived and with the lives of so many people broken and destroyed to the point of despair.

Nice goodbye money too if you can get it. Courtesy of the Taxpayer as usual.

Does the situation still pertain as it seemed to in 2009 when Mr. Martin was on "official leave" from a teaching post for over 20 years with a substitute teacher having to be employed and he still being in line for a Teaching Pension. http://www.independent.ie/national-n...e-1727346.html

Meanwhile Micheal strolls around Cork and elsewhere in the country smiling at people looking for a FF vote. Nice regular pay packet, nice severance sweetener, nice Ministerial pension, nice Teaching pension to come.

Of course there are others in addition to Mr. Martin in line for some nice moolah. However, Mr. Martin is the new Leader of one of the current main Political Parties in this Country.

I heard Trevor Sargent on VB stating a payment he was entitled to (not sure what exactly it was) would be going to the SVdP.

Absolutely sickening state of affairs and I hope most people don't buy into this FF nonsense come 25th February 2011 and that includes the voters of Cork.

Default Re: Micheal Martin and the €88745 Severance Payment

Excellent post Ah Well & so relevant.

Thank you,

Claudia

Martin's severance payment is sickening, he's in my constituency and my vote won't be going anywhere near his box. But I have other more important questions to ask him. This severance payment and the "debate " issues are just diversions from the main problems in Ireland. We can laugh off his reform package by mentioning his payment, he's helped answer that policy himself. its his other policies we need to question him on.... welfare cuts ! tax hikes ! health service ! employment and emmigration ! the list is long

hyp·o·crite   
    [hip-uh-krit]
    –noun
    a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
    a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
    Goodbye FF, hello FG. Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Same goes for any ex teachers such as Mary Hanafin and other politican's that i don't know. They should return their teacher's pension back to the state as they haven't worked as a teacher for many years. I consider this as double jobbing without breaking a sweat!!!

Surely they (Martin et al ) must be laughing at us

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Well View Post
    This might have been mentioned in another Thread but I felt it also merited one of its own.

NEW Fianna Fail leader Micheal Martin's attempt to promote his new political reform package was overshadowed last night by his refusal to give up his €90,000 pay-off as a former minister.

He and the six remaining cabinet ministers will be paid almost €90,000 in severance payments over the next two years, even though they plan to continue as TDs.

They will get these payments to 'compensate' them for loss of ministerial salaries.

Mr Martin confirmed he will not give up these payments, which Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny has promised to abolish for future ministers.

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...s-2529404.html

And now we have FF & Martin's grand plan for "radical reform in Government and Politics" - despite the fact that FF have been in power for 14 years with more than ample time to effect such reformation. Indeed, they have been in power for a large part of this State's existence.

It is an insult to the people of this country to be told of this grandiose plan by a Party who have been in power and direct control of the country and its affairs for well over a decade, on whose watch the IMF arrived and with the lives of so many people broken and destroyed to the point of despair.

Nice goodbye money too if you can get it. Courtesy of the Taxpayer as usual.

Does the situation still pertain as it seemed to in 2009 when Mr. Martin was on "official leave" from a teaching post for over 20 years with a substitute teacher having to be employed and he still being in line for a Teaching Pension. http://www.independent.ie/national-n...e-1727346.html

Meanwhile Micheal strolls around Cork and elsewhere in the country smiling at people looking for a FF vote. Nice regular pay packet, nice severance sweetener, nice Ministerial pension, nice Teaching pension to come.

Of course there are others in addition to Mr. Martin in line for some nice moolah. However, Mr. Martin is the new Leader of one of the current main Political Parties in this Country.

I heard Trevor Sargent on VB stating a payment he was entitled to (not sure what exactly it was) would be going to the SVdP.

Absolutely sickening state of affairs and I hope most people don't buy into this FF nonsense come 25th February 2011 and that includes the voters of Cork.
    Great post!
    Michael Martin wants us to believe that even though he was in cabinet since 1997, he has nothing to do with the state we're in today.
    Martin's grand plan for "radical reform in Government and Politics" .
    What has he and FF been doing since 1997?
    They must really take the public for fools.

I wonder, will Vincent give him a grilling over the severance pay tonight?

Probably not, all staged and scripted anyway...
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    I wonder, will Vincent give him a grilling over the severance pay tonight?

Probably not, all staged and scripted anyway...
    Well here's hoping ...

Don't think you could stage or script VB anyway, that's for sure

Well here's hoping ...

Don't think you could stage or script VB anyway, that's for sure
    While VB has made himself somewhat of a reputation as a cynic, make no mistake, he's establishment through and through and he will play ball just as anybody else. On something so 'important' as a 'leader's debate' you won't see him doing his "why don't you answer my question" spiel tonight.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    While VB has made himself somewhat of a reputation as a cynic, make no mistake, he's establishment through and through and he will play ball just as anybody else. On something so 'important' as a 'leader's debate' you won't see him doing his "why don't you answer my question" spiel tonight.
    Perhaps ... the nation awaits with baited breath (or some of it)

There will be a joke or two at the expenses of an empty chair and then it's business as usual, "We have the better plan".

How nice ... Micheal has changed tact and won't be taking the €88745 goodbye money if he's re-elected ... which of course by implication means he will be taking it if the good people of Cork South Central don't re-elect him ...

Nice subtle way of the holding the Electorate of CSC to ransom?

Fianna Fáil leader Micheál Martin has said he will not now accept a €90,000 severance package, to compensate for the loss of a ministerial salary, if he is re-elected to the Dáil.

Bowing to pressure, Mr Martin said that severance packages should only be for those who lose their jobs.

Micheál Martin came under fire earlier this week for his decision to retain the payment despite announcing plans to radically change the political system.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/electio...ed-493046.html

And Micheal .. .you didn't LOSE your job ... you resigned voluntarily from Cowen's Cabinet

Me Hole wont take the money if the good people of Cork re-elect him, is that a form of bullying or intimidation

Mr Martin said that severance packages should only be for those who lose their jobs.
    It only took him 3 days to figure that out ?

What a man.

It gets worse

Mr Martin said he has told his former ministerial colleagues in Fianna Fáil that they must also forego the payment if they are re-elected to the Dáil.

He said the current arrangements for severance payments were in place for previous Governments, including when the current leaders of Fine Gael and Labour ceased to be Ministers.

His deputy leader Mary Hanafin told RTÉ's Morning Ireland yesterday that she planned to keep the payment.

However, Ms Hanafin said she would give up the payment if the situation changed.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0211/politics.html

This crowd beggar belief ... snouts in the trough and now they're back peddaling furiously .... would they have pocketed if the furore hadn't occurred? looks like it ....

They shouldn't be in opposition ... THEY SHOULDN'T BE RE-ELECTED AT ALL ... full stop

Of course not being re-elected would result in the pocketing of these payments ... hasn't Martin said as much

What a shower ...

Personally I'd prefer to see the back of these jezebels whether or not it results in them getting these goodbye monies - they're not fit to represent anyone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast