Page 2 of 609 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 9127

Thread: Vincent Browne Heckle !

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wexford
    Posts
    185

    Default Re: Vincent Browne on the Left - 2/2/2011 - Heckle !

    Plus ca change....

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,127

    Default Re: Vincent Browne on the Left - 2/2/2011 - Heckle !

    Heh, that was gas ..... when that Historian mentioned "Going Forward" and VB's reaction



  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,438

    Default Re: Vincent Browne on the Left - 2/2/2011 - Heckle !

    The problem with the left running in the elections is that they go electoral. It should be possible to stand for the Daíl without adapting to it.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    5,362

    Default Re: Vincent Browne on the Left - 2/2/2011 - Heckle !

    That was car crash stuff.
    Kieran Allen, who I have respect for, must be wondering what he's doing.

    RBB sounded like a fifth-year at a school debating competition.

  5. #20

    Default Re: Vincent Browne on the Left - 2/2/2011 - Heckle !

    Didnt think they did too bad tonight. RBB kept his cool and answered/spoofed in such a way as to make it less obvious he was talking bull. Allen made some decent points. It could have been far worse, and they did better than Collins (granted she was on under different circumstances).

    At times their real agenda came out - ie. to use the Dail as a platform. Why the hell dont they just be honest and go with that instead of talking crap about having an alternative capitalism?

    Would it really be electoral disaster if they said that they dont have an alternative and instead are using this election to gain a platform?

    It surley couldnt be more damaging than appearing to be a spoofer and know nothing about which one speaks...

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,438

    Default Re: Vincent Browne on the Left - 2/2/2011 - Heckle !

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizens Defence View Post
    Didnt think they did too bad tonight. RBB kept his cool and answered/spoofed in such a way as to make it less obvious he was talking bull. Allen made some decent points. It could have been far worse, and they did better than Collins (granted she was on under different circumstances).

    At times their real agenda came out - ie. to use the Dail as a platform. Why the hell dont they just be honest and go with that instead of talking crap about having an alternative capitalism?

    Would it really be electoral disaster if they said that they dont have an alternative and instead are using this election to gain a platform?

    It surley couldnt be more damaging than appearing to be a spoofer and know nothing about which one speaks...
    Of course all the others are spoofing too - they just spoof a different line. And they are using it as a platform too - except their agenda is different.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,409

    Default Re: Vincent Browne on the Left - 2/2/2011 - Heckle !

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizens Defence View Post
    At times their real agenda came out - ie. to use the Dail as a platform. Why the hell dont they just be honest and go with that instead of talking crap about having an alternative capitalism?
    Over the past 15 years the Socialist Party have consistantly said that the Dail is not the power in this country - the establishment/ golden circle is - and that the Dail is nothing more than a platform to explain ideas. The real battles take place in the workpalces and communities. Joe Higgins said exactly this at the ULA meeting in Limerick last night - and there were reporters there from three national media outlets. Today FM carried a clip from his speech on the 11 o'clock news.

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizens Defence View Post
    Would it really be electoral disaster if they said that they dont have an alternative and instead are using this election to gain a platform?
    The left does have an alternative - no cuts - no job losses - no bailouts - make the rich pay for the crisis. It is substantially more realistic than FG/LP saying 'we'll fix the economy' when everyone knows we will be defaulting in three years - if not before.

  8. #23

    Default Re: Vincent Browne on the Left - 2/2/2011 - Heckle !

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
    Over the past 15 years the Socialist Party have consistantly said that the Dail is not the power in this country - the establishment/ golden circle is - and that the Dail is nothing more than a platform to explain ideas. The real battles take place in the workpalces and communities. Joe Higgins said exactly this at the ULA meeting in Limerick last night - and there were reporters there from three national media outlets. Today FM carried a clip from his speech on the 11 o'clock news.


    The left does have an alternative - no cuts - no job losses - no bailouts - make the rich pay for the crisis. It is substantially more realistic than FG/LP saying 'we'll fix the economy' when everyone knows we will be defaulting in three years - if not before.
    So if you have an alternative way of running capitalism where is the ULA's costed policy document? Give me a break down of the figures.

    No cuts, no job losses, no bailouts is not an alternative - it is a principled stance.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Meath
    Posts
    8,428

    Default Re: Vincent Browne on the Left - 2/2/2011 - Heckle !

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah Well View Post
    Embarassing listening tbh ... pie in the sky rationale
    Exactly! If I have to emigrate get a bit of money and come back in 20 years meself to get costed proposals in a new party on the far left i'll do so. Seems far more realistic than anything the ULA are saying atm about the sovereign.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Meath
    Posts
    8,428

    Unhappy Re: Vincent Browne on the Left - 2/2/2011 - Heckle !

    The left does have an alternative - no cuts - no job losses - no bailouts - make the rich pay for the crisis. It is substantially more realistic than FG/LP saying 'we'll fix the economy' when everyone knows we will be defaulting in three years - if not before.[/QUOTE]

    ye we know this thanks. But how come RBB et al keep confusing the bank debt and the sovereign and where the hell would ye get 19 billion euros?

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    22,431

    Default Re: Vincent Browne on the Left - 2/2/2011 - Heckle !

    Looks like its Vincent Brown on the right tonight
    Anton Murphy, TCD, Paul Somerville , Constatin Gurdgiev, Peter Matthews

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,438

    Default Re: Vincent Browne on the Left - 2/2/2011 - Heckle !

    Quote Originally Posted by PaddyJoe McGillycuddy View Post
    Looks like its Vincent Brown on the right tonight
    Anton Murphy, TCD, Paul Somerville , Constatin Gurdgiev, Peter Matthews
    Just watching "Primetime Late Debate" in which a number of leftwing politicians are corralled in a row on child height seats with their knees around their chins, being poked with a pointy stick by the presenter.

    Eamon Ryan, I'd swear, said at one point "As Gordon Gekko said, "Green is Good"".

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Out of my mind
    Posts
    12,138

    Default Re: Vincent Browne on the Left - 2/2/2011 - Heckle !

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Eamon Ryan, I'd swear, said at one point "As Gordon Gekko said, "Green is Good"".
    He did not, did he???
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Out of my mind
    Posts
    12,138

    Default Re: Vincent Browne on the Left - 2/2/2011 - Heckle !

    Quote Originally Posted by PaddyJoe McGillycuddy View Post
    Looks like its Vincent Brown on the right tonight
    Anton Murphy, TCD, Paul Somerville , Constatin Gurdgiev, Peter Matthews
    VB will be with us every Friday night for the next 3 weeks and as a bonus we'll get a SPECIAL INTERVIEW with Joan Burton on Monday.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    22,431

    Default Re: Vincent Browne on the Left - 2/2/2011 - Heckle !

    Almost forgot..Vincent Browne just starting. There's a sense of dislocation about Friday nights since they started this crack

Page 2 of 609 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Share us
Follow Us