Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 226

Thread: How does someone die of hypothermia at home in Ireland in 2011?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wacky Races
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishJobsForIrishWorkers View Post
    Youre getting to the nub of the issue now. Yes, I think INDIVIDUALS should look out for the vulnerable. The left expects the STATE to do it. Do you see the difference there. Its not that complicated.

    I understand that the state is incapable of doing it. Because I understand that the state is just a bunch of bureaucrats sitting at desks, picking up a pay check and waiting to claim their pensions.

    The left think the state is some kind of God that can cure all the suffering of the world. That is delusional, wishful thinking. You can accept reality. Or you can choose whining delusion
    Well you have said you don't want to help anyone, if everyone took that attitude, how many vulnerable would survive?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Meath
    Posts
    8,437

    Angry Re: How does someone die of hypothermia at home in Ireland in 2011?

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishJobsForIrishWorkers View Post
    Youre getting to the nub of the issue now. Yes, I think INDIVIDUALS should look out for the vulnerable. The left expects the STATE to do it. Do you see the difference there. Its not that complicated.

    I understand that the state is incapable of doing it. Because I understand that the state is just a bunch of bureaucrats sitting at desks, picking up a pay check and waiting to claim their pensions.

    The left think the state is some kind of God that can cure all the suffering of the world. That is delusional, wishful thinking. You can accept reality. Or you can choose whining delusion
    your choice is quite clear. You are not aware of reality and you could not be if it danced naked in front of ye.

  3. #33
    Kev Bar Guest

    Default Re: How does someone die of hypothermia at home in Ireland in 2011?

    I wld suggest that - reading between the lines - given the surrounding flats were empty due to 'regeneration' - < Modcf - Speculation >
    Whatever fcuking use that is to the poor girl.
    Last edited by C. Flower; 29-01-2011 at 04:01 PM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    118

    Default Re: How does someone die of hypothermia at home in Ireland in 2011?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post
    your choice is quite clear. You are not aware of reality and you could not be if it danced naked in front of ye.
    Thats brilliant reasoning there.

    Posters like you are why I dont post on this forum very often. When APJP logs on, the forum starts to feel like Bebo and I usually log off.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wacky Races
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishJobsForIrishWorkers View Post
    Thats brilliant reasoning there.

    Posters like you are why I dont post on this forum very often. When APJP logs on, the forum starts to feel like Bebo and I usually log off.
    Cheerio

  6. #36
    Kev Bar Guest

    Default Re: How does someone die of hypothermia at home in Ireland in 2011?

    <Mod cf - Speculation>
    Nobody has a right to free heat. Its nice to have and we should help those who cant fend for themselves. But if the socialist system occasionally breaks down, and people dont get their free handout, that does not make it the taxpayers fault if someone suffers.

    We need to legislate to remove the taxpayers legal "duty of care" to citizens. And remove the parasitic lawyers who feed off it.[/quote]



    And why do you cynically presume the lawyer is not one of the admirable people working for the that Ballymun legal rights centre.

    Before pontificating on free heat and legal vultures... a reading of the facts to have emerged so far might be instructive.

    From an iniitial acquaintance with the aforementioned facts...it seems the issue was not one of individual 'payment or non payment ... but a seemingly ruthless imposition of logistics - (if not, perhaps, a deliibertate attempt to vacate).
    Last edited by Kev Bar; 29-01-2011 at 04:10 PM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,438

    Default Re: How does someone die of hypothermia at home in Ireland in 2011?

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishJobsForIrishWorkers View Post
    No they didnt. Counsel for the family said that.


    Because they are completely unconnected. Im against bank bailouts, like everyone else. So what?


    My point was very clear. Read my post again. You cannot expect the state to keep every human being alive for ever. It is simply not possible. Do you expect the state to send a social worker to your house to spoon-feed you each morning. Why do you expect to receive free heat?

    If someone in the prime of their life is incapable of keeping themselves alive, then there is obviously something wrong with them.
    IJIW - I have modded post no. 5 as it contained innuendo and speculation. This case is going to be back in Court and may well be subject to legal proceedings in future. Please take care only to refer to published facts in order not to risk compromising any future Court action.
    Please also check your facts.

    Counsel for the family Dr Ciaran Craven told the inquest that former junior minister for housing Noel Ahern had been contacted by Ms Peavoy and her family about the issue. He also made a number of representations on behalf of Ms Peavoy, Dr Craven said. He told the inquest that Ms Peavoy’s flat was “perilously cold” during the bad weather spell last January when Dublin was covered in snow. Calling for an inquiry, he said this was a case where “a young woman with no other system disorder died of hypothermia” and where there was “ample evidence in relation to the heating not working”.
    The inquest heard how the garda who examined the scene noted the flat was “freezing”.
    Of course with air temperatures of - 11 or less and with empty flats all around hers, and with no working heating, the temperature was freezing.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,438

    Default Re: How does someone die of hypothermia at home in Ireland in 2011?

    It seems clear from the reports that she hadn't had working heating for a long while, possibly due to "regeneration works". I wonder how many other people are in a similar situation in the country?

    The costs of using space heaters to heat a whole flat would be astronomic and way beyond someone on welfare benefits.

    If the facts are as reported, there should be action taken against those responsible, up to City Manager level - if there is legislation that requires them to do their job.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,870

    Default Re: How does someone die of hypothermia at home in Ireland in 2011?

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishJobsForIrishWorkers View Post
    Youre getting to the nub of the issue now. Yes, I think INDIVIDUALS should look out for the vulnerable. The left expects the STATE to do it. Do you see the difference there. Its not that complicated.

    I understand that the state is incapable of doing it. Because I understand that the state is just a bunch of bureaucrats sitting at desks, picking up a pay check and waiting to claim their pensions.

    The left think the state is some kind of God that can cure all the suffering of the world. That is delusional, wishful thinking. You can accept reality. Or you can choose whining delusion
    I think those of the left expect society to look out for people, and seeing that we live in a statist society the state becomes the main medium through which to help people.
    Conjecture what you want but there is something very disturbing about a society that allows a young person to find themelves in circumstances in which they freeze to death while the said societies wealth is being hoovered up by a greedy minority.

    Let us pray that none of us ever come across your cottage needing help at any time.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wacky Races
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fraxinus View Post
    I think those of the left expect society to look out for people, and seeing that we live in a statist society the state becomes the main medium through which to help people.
    Conjecture what you want but there is something very disturbing about a society that allows a young person to find themelves in circumstances in which they freeze to death while the said societies wealth is being hoovered up by a greedy minority.

    Let us pray that none of us ever come across your cottage needing help at any time.
    Why are scenes from the film Misery, running through my mind? :0

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,870

    Default Re: How does someone die of hypothermia at home in Ireland in 2011?

    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Why are scenes from the film Misery, running through my mind? :0
    Hide the sledge!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: How does someone die of hypothermia at home in Ireland in 2011?

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishJobsForIrishWorkers View Post
    ....I dont want any freebies from anyone. And I dont want to share what I have with anyone else. It is everyones responsibility to take care of themselves. Expecting someone else to give you free heat, housing or money, is a form of theft.....Bring on the IMF cuts and cut the spongers to the bone.
    So you disagree with tax payers money being used to support people who are unable to support themselves but you agree with the IMF cuts that were brought about by tax payers money being used to bail out the banks???

    Do you understand the phrase, "double standards"?
    Goodbye FF, hello FG. Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: How does someone die of hypothermia at home in Ireland in 2011?

    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Yes there was something wrong with this woman, she had mental health problems
    How do you know this??

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wacky Races
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carolmon View Post
    How do you know this??
    In the article Cactus quoted, it claimed the woman had a borderline personality disorder

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,438

    Default Re: How does someone die of hypothermia at home in Ireland in 2011?

    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    In the article Cactus quoted, it claimed the woman had a borderline personality disorder
    Having said that, anyone might have problems trying to bring up two small children in an unheated flat and being given the run around by all the responsible parties.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Share us
Follow Us