Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How does someone die of hypothermia at home in Ireland in 2011?

Default Re: How does someone die of hypothermia at home in Ireland in 2011?

Another tragic scandalous death outlined below. A 40 year old died in a Hostel over the new year. His body was not discovered for 4 days !

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...s-2515908.html

Quote Originally Posted by geri222 View Post
    Another tragic scandalous death outlined below. A 40 year old died in a Hostel over the new year. His body was not discovered for 4 days !
    People die. Thats life. Get over it.

Im not buying your crocadile tears, leftie.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishJobsForIrishWorkers View Post

Im not buying your crocadile tears, leftie.
    And I dont buy your nasty comments and your dumb questionable name which says it all "Irish Jobs for Irish People"

Because the gardai said the flat was cold, very very cold - well thats what the Irish Examiner says.

The inquest heard how the garda who had examined the scene also noted the flat was "freezing".

Read more: http://irishexaminer.com/ireland/fro...#ixzz1CQuWrnA5
    "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by sword. The other is by debt." -- John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by geri222 View Post
    And I dont buy your nasty comments and your dumb questionable name which says it all "Irish Jobs for Irish People"
    Hi leftie, good to know you.
    "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by sword. The other is by debt." -- John Adams

imo, the way society treats the weakest, the old, the sick and the vunerable, is the measure of a decent, free society. Being equitable, this country being no such example, is good for all and prospers all. The Vincent de Paul should not have to run hostels on a charity basis, this is the responsibility of our government, there are only about 4 million of us, the same population as Manchester, surely it cant be that hard. They have always been there, even during the "Celtic Tiger" era, says a lot about us really.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedfairy View Post
    imo, the way society treats the weakest, the old, the sick and the vulnerable, is the measure of a decent, free society. Being equitable, this country being no such example, is good for all and prospers all. The Vincent de Paul should not have to run hostels on a charity basis, this is the responsibility of our government, there are only about 4 million of us, the same population as Manchester, surely it cant be that hard. They have always been there, even during the "Celtic Tiger" era, says a lot about us really.
    +1

At the height of the so-called Celtic Tiger 15 people were dying each and every day on the island of Ireland dur to the unequal nature, particularly in health, of society - no midnight meetings were held in Government Buildings, John Gormely was never roused from his sleep, the EU, the ECB or the IMF didn't see any need for intervention - they saw no need to twist the Government's arm on this silent holocaust; for you see these were poor people dying - 5,200 preventable deaths every year during the 'BOOM YEARS' - and not a squeak from Fine Gael/Labour, apparently the Government-in waiting. Fine Gael's priority is to fix the economy but not the unequal nature of society - a party who cheered during the 'BOOM YEARS' and actually called it the 'Celtic Snail' because, bizarrely, Fianna Fail were ... wait for this now ... just wait .... regulating too much!!!!! And Fine Gael don't see any correlation between lax regulations and the unequal nature of this society.

The Labour Party pay lip service to tackling inequality but are more hungry for power - power which they held before and actually dis-improved the lot of the most vulnerable in society.
    Last edited by Andrew49; 29-01-2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: splelign misktea
    Give me a misty day, pearly gray, silver, silky faced, wide-awake crescent-shaped smile

I live in a traditional irish cottage with no insulation. A couple of times it got down to 1C inside the house. No bleeding heart leftie gives me any free heat. I dont get this house for free. I pay for it from what I can earn with my labour. The state or "society" gives me nothing.

I dont want any freebies from anyone. And I dont want to share what I have with anyone else. It is everyones responsibility to take care of themselves. Expecting someone else to give you free heat, housing or money, is a form of theft.

PRSI and welfare should be voluntary. I dont want social insurance and I dont want a payout. Bring on the IMF cuts and cut the spongers to the bone.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    Let's start with the criminally inept Minister for "Social Protection".
    agreed. a traitor like his granda.

I live in a traditional irish cottage with no insulation. A couple of times it got down to 1C inside the house. No bleeding heart leftie gives me any free heat. I dont get this house for free. I pay for it from what I can earn with my labour. The state or "society" gives me nothing.

I dont want any freebies from anyone. And I dont want to share what I have with anyone else. It is everyones responsibility to take care of themselves. Expecting someone else to give you free heat, housing or money, is a form of theft.

PRSI and welfare should be voluntary. I dont want social insurance and I dont want a payout. Bring on the IMF cuts and cut the spongers to the bone.
    You should read the Irish Constitution.
    Specifically Article 45.
    http://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/attached...%20Ireland.pdf

You don't think there is a moral responsibility for individuals to look out for the vunerable ?

Bully for you not wanting any help, you might change your mind though when you are old and infirm and require someone to come and wash you, feed you, change your incontinence pads, cause with your selfish attitude I can't see a queue of family or friends lining up to wipe your arse

No they didnt. Counsel for the family said that.

Because they are completely unconnected. Im against bank bailouts, like everyone else. So what?

My point was very clear. Read my post again. You cannot expect the state to keep every human being alive for ever. It is simply not possible. Do you expect the state to send a social worker to your house to spoon-feed you each morning. Why do you expect to receive free heat?

If someone in the prime of their life is incapable of keeping themselves alive, then there is obviously something wrong with them.
    Forever????? she was 30!!!! have ye no sense of humanity or are ye just trying to provoke the left of this forum???

No they didnt. Counsel for the family said that.

Because they are completely unconnected. Im against bank bailouts, like everyone else. So what?

My point was very clear. Read my post again. You cannot expect the state to keep every human being alive for ever. It is simply not possible. Do you expect the state to send a social worker to your house to spoon-feed you each morning. Why do you expect to receive free heat?

If someone in the prime of their life is incapable of keeping themselves alive, then there is obviously something wrong with them.
    Yes there was something wrong with this woman, she had mental health problems

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    You don't think there is a moral responsibility for individuals to look out for the vunerable ?
    Youre getting to the nub of the issue now. Yes, I think INDIVIDUALS should look out for the vulnerable. The left expects the STATE to do it. Do you see the difference there. Its not that complicated.

I understand that the state is incapable of doing it. Because I understand that the state is just a bunch of bureaucrats sitting at desks, picking up a pay check and waiting to claim their pensions.

The left think the state is some kind of God that can cure all the suffering of the world. That is delusional, wishful thinking. You can accept reality. Or you can choose whining delusion

I hope it goes below 1c very soon in your house. then we mightnt hear any more cruel minded snapping from ye on this forum.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast