Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is Wikileaks Dead?

Default Re: Is Wikileaks Dead?

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    looks like it's time to brush up in that Portuguese history bit in the wiki
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism_in_Europe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estado...%28Portugal%29
    An authoritarian corporatist one-party republic.

Those are the facts of history. I suppose that coming from a country with a history of Fascism, you could easily determine if May is a Nazi? She only speaks for her party and supporters and, when speaking about UK governmental issues, the UK government. Strange as it may seem to you, Ireland is a different country so she does not speak for us. Perhaps the idea that Donald Trump speaks for you is causing you, in some kind of psychological projection, to think that May speaks for us?

Regards...jmcc

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    One of the reasons PW has come to a sorry pass is that people like you are reduced to complaining about the style of other posters, as opposed to adding anything substantive of your own to a thread.
    I wonder would it be a good idea if the mods were to message some of the lost posters and ask was it something about the site which stopped them posting. In other words ask for feedback.
    A site as civilised and well moderated as this deserves and should attract more posters imo.

Quote Originally Posted by eamo View Post
    I wonder would it be a good idea if the mods were to message some of the lost posters and ask was it something about the site which stopped them posting. In other words ask for feedback.
    A site as civilised and well moderated as this deserves and should attract more posters imo.
    I think people lost interest.. or they were not treated very well on the way out? and left with a grudge?

then there's a certain tiredness that settles after ppl get to know one another better

I dont know..

you've got to be a politics junkie to keep coming back ...let's face it, at the end of the day most people that initially might contribute just cos they want their opinion heard move on after feeling 'the msg is out' .. the same thing happened when i launched my blog with a group of friends (after a while twas just me talking away)

you also need to be in the habit of writing... everyday.. if you stop..well you move on to other things

(and i have been discussing politics >20 years so...and have my mornings & after diner set aside to write ... yea there's that, if i am not talking here i am talking elsewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by eamo View Post
    Seconded!
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    I think people lost interest.. or they were not treated very well on the way out? and left with a grudge?

then there's a certain tiredness that settles after ppl get to know one another better

I dont know..

you've got to be a politics junkie to keep coming back ...let's face it, at the end of the day most people that initially might contribute just cos they want their opinion heard move on after feeling 'the msg is out' .. the same thing happened when i launched my blog with a group of friends (after a while twas just me talking away)

you also need to be in the habit of writing... everyday.. if you stop..well you move on to other things

(and i have been discussing politics >20 years so...and have my mornings & after diner set aside to write ... yea there's that, if i am not talking here i am talking elsewhere)
    A chatter box. In mouth and pen. I know you now. Cool.
    Happiness is an inside job.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456