Page 195 of 195 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 2925

Thread: Music.

Default Re: Music.

“ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

^ seems an appropriate choice, as the 30th anniversary of his premature passing is not too far off.

"If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

“ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

You have the right to remain silent
    You are warned that anything you say
    Can and will be taken down
    And used as evidence against you

Listen to this
    Run

Reminds me of someone....
    Happiness is an inside job.

Happiness is an inside job.

In February 2003 George Michael unexpectedly recorded Don McLean's The Grave in protest against the looming Iraq war. George performed the song on numerous top rated TV shows including "Top of the Pops" and "So Graham Norton".

"If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Wallis Bird is at Wexford Opera House tonight.

She is a kaleidoscopic, brilliant musician and person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmd3wDnRJpM
    Last edited by C. Flower; 28-01-2017 at 02:29 PM.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

She makes me think of Janis Joplin - raw, sincere, adventurous, rooted in tradition, and on a steep and impressive learning curve....
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Frightened Rabbit. Thankyou, Scotland.

— Jean-Paul Sartre

Hurray for the Riff Raff

— Jean-Paul Sartre

Tinawaren - thanks for posting them. They played in Ireland a few years back and had a mosh pit night in front of them. Dancing and N. African food was had - high energy, everyone happy out. They had a woman guitarist back then, too. The music is going strong but their land is being torn apart, as per most of Mid East and Africa.
    Nice comment left under one of their songs
    I m from Morocco. This music sounds to me, like the old story's my grand ma used to tell me stuffed with smoothly rocking rhythms I can visualize when the camel with huge loads of acacias to set up fence against chacals (coyotes of north africa) and his walk, or "à l'amble course" (light swaying run) enters the camp and let me hear her humming with joy to feed her baby!
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Y'all know the great great song "Elusive Butterfly" written by Bob Lind and made famous over here by Val Doonican. If you are lucky enough not to have heard it, man...have you got a treat in store.

Memories came flooding back when just the other day Ronan Collins played the song on his show. Prompted me to look it up on youtube and what do you know, thanks to Joey McGowans channel I discovered that the original song as written by Bob Lind was much longer and is a masterpiece of poetry set to music.

The cut down version was so it would fit the 3 minute formula of the time. Anything longer would not be played on radio.

Enjoy:

Another fact about this song is that it was originally the "B" side to Bobs first single "Cheryl's Goin' Home".

Now in his seventies Bob lind is still preforming

Page 195 of 195 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195