Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cork South Central

Default Cork South Central

http://mccarthysparty.wordpress.com/...ange%e2%80%99/

A candidate called David McCarthy is standing as an independent as part of an "Independent Alliance for Change"

This initiative will see Independent candidates stand in their own constituencies on their own policy platform. There will be no party structure. We will have a shared vision about the central platform of political reform, but will not be forced to toe the line by a centralised organisation. The main focus of the established political parties is to maximise their votes at whatever cost, which leads them to pursue short-term gain at the expense of the country’s long term interests. With people of Senator Ross’ calibre joining the race, the voters will see that Independents have a real opportunity to change the face of Irish politics. Opinion polls are showing 12-14% support for Independents which could mean significant gains and lead to real reforms.
    Does anyone know anything about this candidate?

Default Re: Cork South Central

I reckon he's flying solo, hoping others will hop on board along the way.
    He mentions Ross, but not as an ally.

Here's his campaign leaflet, courtesy of the Irish Election Literature Blog:

leaflet for david mccarthy independent cork south central 2011 general election
    "It is we the workers who built these palaces and cities here in Spain and in America and everywhere. We, the workers, can build others to take their place. And better ones! We are not in the least afraid of ruins. We are going to inherit the earth; there is not the slightest doubt about that. The bourgeoisie might blast and ruin its own world before it leaves the stage of history. We carry a new world here, in our hearts."
    — Buenaventura Durruti

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Ryder View Post
    Here's his campaign leaflet, courtesy of the Irish Election Literature Blog:

leaflet for david mccarthy independent cork south central 2011 general election
    "Mad Pride Ireland" ? - I like - but otherwise, he looks like a career political officer type rather than a politician.

Perhaps he'll get in touch and fill us in on his political beliefs.
    Last edited by C. Flower; 20-01-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    "Mad Pride Ireland" ? - I like - but otherwise, he looks like a career political officer type rather than a politician.

Perhaps he'll get in touch and fill us in on his politica beliefs.
    Given who he's worked for before, that might be a rather short post.
    "It is we the workers who built these palaces and cities here in Spain and in America and everywhere. We, the workers, can build others to take their place. And better ones! We are not in the least afraid of ruins. We are going to inherit the earth; there is not the slightest doubt about that. The bourgeoisie might blast and ruin its own world before it leaves the stage of history. We carry a new world here, in our hearts."
    — Buenaventura Durruti

Hi all just to clarify a few points here I started what I am calling the Independent Alliance for Change so far we have 5 candidates in CSC,CNC,CE, CSW & DNE we are in talks with a candidate in Wicklow and one in Dublin and hope to spread it wider in the coming days! So I am not solo in that sense, but very Independent.

My political beliefs are my own, I have worked for political parties as well as Independents in the past.

I am running on a national platform of reform mainly focussing on political and public service reform. I am looking to make national govt small and more effective and local govt stronger and more efficient. I am hoping to help generate a conversation and focus people on the need for real and meaningful reforms.

Please log on to www.votedavidmccarthy.com to get a more detailed idea of my policies and feel free to get in touch!

David Mc Carthy

Quote Originally Posted by votedavidmccarthy View Post
    Hi all just to clarify a few points here I started what I am calling the Independent Alliance for Change so far we have 5 candidates in CSC,CNC,CE, CSW & DNE we are in talks with a candidate in Wicklow and one in Dublin and hope to spread it wider in the coming days! So I am not solo in that sense, but very Independent.

My political beliefs are my own, I have worked for political parties as well as Independents in the past.

I am running on a national platform of reform mainly focussing on political and public service reform. I am looking to make national govt small and more effective and local govt stronger and more efficient. I am hoping to help generate a conversation and focus people on the need for real and meaningful reforms.

Please log on to www.votedavidmccarthy.com to get a more detailed idea of my policies and feel free to get in touch!

David Mc Carthy
    Welcome

Would you be able to tell us who the other candidates in the group are ? We're trying to gather information on all candidates, particularly independents who might find it hard to get publicity. I'd be happy to set up a subforum for the group.

Do you support the Finance Act ? Default or pay ?

Sure:

Padraigh O Sullivan Cork North Central
    Paul O'Neill Cork East
    Dave McInerney Cork South West
    Ryan Stewart Doneal North East

Others who have yet to declare in Dublin and Wicklow!

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Do you support the Finance Act ? Default or pay ?

Well he has mastered the politicians ability to not answer a question.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

His father worked hard re mad pride to remove the stigma of mental illiness as he challenged the medical profession especially the psychatrists.

I saw him quite a few times at student campus when he came & gave the students a talk.

Link:http://www.madprideireland.ie/

Quote Originally Posted by disability student View Post
    His father worked hard re mad pride to remove the stigma of mental illiness as he challenged the medical profession especially the psychatrists.

I saw him quite a few times at student campus when he came & gave the students a talk.

Link:http://www.madprideireland.ie/
    You're not voting for his father, you know. I'd assume the son is his own man.
    — Buenaventura Durruti

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Ryder View Post
    You're not voting for his father, you know. I'd assume the son is his own man.
    I never said about voting!!!

Btw, i don't like your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by disability student View Post
    I never said about voting!!!

Btw, i don't like your attitude.
    No skin off my nose, dear. I'd have time for McCarthy pére for sure, he's put in hard yards on mental health campaigning down the years, however I do think the son has to earn his own respect. I don't believe in electoralism, especially the form where you see more of the candidate's face than their policies, but good luck to McCarthy anyway. He'll need lots of it to get within a sniff of half a quota.
    — Buenaventura Durruti

[QUOTE=Kid Ryder;112367]No skin off my nose, dear. I'd have time for McCarthy pére for sure, he's put in hard yards on mental health campaigning down the years, however I do think the son has to earn his own respect.

I don't believe in electoralism, especially the form where you see more of the candidate's face than their policies,

+100.

Sam Lord to answer the question I am like most people hugely frustrated by the EU/IMF deal and how we have been lumped with the losses of big business/big bank speculation. I am a realist I know the cosequences for default however I do feel strongly that we need to tell those who lost money because of a bad bet that we are not paying their debt! If I loose on a horse I don't think paddy power will give me my stake back.
    The worry is that we have gone into the deal now and can we get out? I worked with a few economists prior to launching to get a better understanding of this and they feel that either way we will be defaulting in the next 36 months so why not do it now on our terms!

Kim Ryder, I am definitely my own man, I work heavily with Mad Pride Ireland and have done since we started it in 2008, I am proud of that. I also have built up my own business and reputation in the communications world. I have detailed my policies on the website www.votedavidmccarthy.com have a look my motivation for running is as a frustrated self employed citizen who has had enough and felt that it was time to stand up and be counted.
    Remember if people don't vote for change we will have the same faces back!
    Disability student, I will pass on your kind words to John, he is up for Cork Person of the Year today so fingers crossed!
    David Mc Carthy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast