Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Mansfields Citywest group goes into liquidation.

Kev Bar Guest

Default Re: Jim Mansfields Citywest group goes into liquidation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    Does this mean the airport will be closed?

There could be a drought in Ireland.

Terrible thing this climate change.
    Apparently there is one - 2 months old - as we speak.

There's been a fire at the City West Hotel complex offices. Gardaí are investigating.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...reaking15.html

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    There's been a fire at the City West Hotel complex offices. Gardaí are investigating.

Fianna Fáil Lightning?
    "It is we the workers who built these palaces and cities here in Spain and in America and everywhere. We, the workers, can build others to take their place. And better ones! We are not in the least afraid of ruins. We are going to inherit the earth; there is not the slightest doubt about that. The bourgeoisie might blast and ruin its own world before it leaves the stage of history. We carry a new world here, in our hearts."
    — Buenaventura Durruti

Firesales?

I've looked at the "conference centre" - glorified shed. No way that 50 million was spent on it. Where are these figures coming from ?
    I've seen it and have to agree. I've also heard that the Citywest Hotel was built without planning permission. I must stress, this is only hearsay, but I've heard it from more than one person.

Some paedofáils have a long and financially beneficial relationship with fires on their business premises. I'm reminded of a Des Kelly, a carpet shop owner and sometime FF city councillor whose business premises used to burn down with alarming regularity in the early '80s. The RTÉ current affairs programme Today Tonight did an investigation of sorts into Mr. Kelly and the fires on his premises.
    The worst example of all though is the Stardust fire. I'm not suggesting that Mr. Éamon Butterly, or his agents or servants started that fire, but it is notable that Mr. Butterly got £580,000 from Dublin Corporation for his troubles (because of the dodgy arson verdict from the inquiry), while the families of the victims were denied both compensation and a fair inquiry into the circumstances of their loved ones' deaths. At the time of the fire and for some time afterwards, Mr. Butterly was a locally-prominent supporter (and member, I think) of Fianna Fáil, IIRC.
    "It is we the workers who built these palaces and cities here in Spain and in America and everywhere. We, the workers, can build others to take their place. And better ones! We are not in the least afraid of ruins. We are going to inherit the earth; there is not the slightest doubt about that. The bourgeoisie might blast and ruin its own world before it leaves the stage of history. We carry a new world here, in our hearts."
    — Buenaventura Durruti

Interesting too how it was only the offices that were affected.
    — Buenaventura Durruti

Following on from BOSI NAMA have appointed a receiver to developer Jim Mansfields assets after 71-year-old Mr Mansfield had failed to agree a suitable business plan with NAMA to pay-down his debts

NAMA has this evening appointed a receiver to assets owned by developer Jim Mansfield.

Kieran Wallace of KPMG will assume control of the assets including Weston Aerodrome in Dublin, Palmerstown House golf club in Kildare, and a number of apartment blocks attached to the Citywest Golf club in Dublin.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/n...#ixzz1K5PrblZS

Hold tight onto your breakfast (if you have eaten it recently) - Indo profile of the Mansfields, before and after the crash.

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...g-2847964.html

I love a heart gripping tale before breakfast...
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Jimmy Jr. has to count his money now before he fritters it away. My tiny violin is broken - I can only weep for the tragedy enveloping the Mansfield family.
    — Buenaventura Durruti

The man who made his money importing heroin ... oops sorry, "scrap metal" into Ireland has died.

Shame it didn't happen decades ago.

Has it been said whether or not he was known to the Gardaí yet?

Always a good read http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31618
    Do the right thing.

Ansbacher was involved in his South American venture.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/e...iger-1.1672743

The British prime minister Margaret Thatcher gave him his big break in 1983 when, after the Falklands war ended abruptly, she put thousands of tonnes worth of plant, equipment and scrap that had been shipped down there unnecessarily up for sale.

Mansfield teamed up with Smyth to buy the lot, backed by a loan from Ansbacher Bank. “We brought it all back to Atlanta and the UK and sold it off around the world,” Smyth recalled.
    I had not seen that mentioned before.
    Do the right thing.

You shall know them by the company they keep...
    “Jim was a pioneer in the hotel and conference business,” Smyth said. However he admitted: “Poor old Jim, he thought you could build first and get planning afterwards, which wasn’t such a good thing to do. He was a maverick.”
    At his peak Mansfield employed 1,300 people. His friends included Michael Fingleton, the former Irish Nationwide boss, and “Pino” Harris, a truck dealer, and a group of local friends he had known for decades.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/e...1672743?page=2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast