Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faux War on terror used to further erode human rights

People Korps Guest

Default Re: Faux War on terror used to further erode human rights

Quote Originally Posted by Christy Walsh View Post
    I have read all your posts not least the comment your above which was/is when all sort of coercive and draconian measures were introduced demonising and discriminating against the nationalist community as a whole, up north, and against Irish generally throughout the UK. I agree that US and Uk governments have hyped and manufactured a false war and are using that to curb freedoms but responding with hype is not really convincing either. In the whole, and not necessarily your argument, but the lines are often drawn that to oppose errosions on civil liberties includes one not having any critical view of radical islam or any other group one relates to as being 'terrorists'. It also means that valid groups are quickly labeled as 'terrorists' to discount them --while the IRA and INLA did resort to acts of terrorism at times where they terrorists? Or where they freedom fighters, who, at times did not fight ethically? The same can then be asked of any Islamic group and one can come to differing opinions --those groups fighting in village ghettos could be considered to be very different to those who take hostages and rather than killing them humanly they make public spectical of their victim before savagely beheading them and on occassion dragging the corpse through the streets before hanging them from lamp posts. These things exist and these same people would have no difficulty getting on planes with liquid explosives. Travellers have a right to in some way be protected from being blown up as do residents living below an air corridor. A balance must be struck between what is reasonable and justified and what is just outright abuse of process and authority. That is where the courts come in and I think people should use them more and even if the case is lost --the courts reasoning might even be a view point one had not relised and the sense of injustice is no longer so accute. But in real unjust curtailments then the Court can take positive action --but it needs to be persuaded to do so.
    Yippee so we need a Guilford 4 or a Birmingham 6 and we also need to wait the bones of 2 decades to get judicial respite on current erosions of civil and human rights?

People Korps Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsedmethodist View Post
    I know a lot of Northerners who thought like that, until they were scraping their family or friends off the road.
    It might be said that is because the fools that Chrsity still thinks were freedom fighters went out murdering their neighbours and playing into the hands of and /or working for the intelligence services.

Though you make a valid point.

What would be the solution I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by People Korps View Post
    Yippee so we need a Guilford 4 or a Birmingham 6 and we also need to wait the bones of 2 decades to get judicial respite on current erosions of civil and human rights?
    Who said we have not already got such cases one need only consider the Nevin case http://www.politicalworld.org/showthread.php?p=6887

It might be said that is because the fools that Chrsity still thinks were freedom fighters went out murdering their neighbours and playing into the hands of and /or working for the intelligence services.
    If you mean freedom fighters in the way you where advocating in the OP then you should at least realise yourself how wrong you are --yet again.... I also note the convenience of when "scraping their family or friends off the road" are mentioned --McGurks Bar Bombing, Ballymurphy Massacre, Dublin and Monaghan Bombings, Grahams Betting Shop, Bloody Sunday and scores of other tragedies and horrors are far removed from consideration --the IRA and INLA tangoed alone some would have us believe.

People Korps Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Christy Walsh View Post
    Who said we have not already got such cases one need only consider the Nevin case http://www.politicalworld.org/showthread.php?p=6887

If you mean freedom fighters in the way you where advocating in the OP then you should at least realise yourself how wrong you are --yet again.... I also note the convenience of when "scraping their family or friends off the road" are mentioned --McGurks Bar Bombing, Ballymurphy Massacre, Dublin and Monaghan Bombings, Grahams Betting Shop, Bloody Sunday and scores of other tragedies and horrors are far removed from consideration --the IRA and INLA tangoed alone some would have us believe.
    Nevin lost her case and seeks to go to Europe so you agree with my point on the B6 and G4
    as to the other list you are also agreeing with me as we are aware of intelligence service colluding with the loyalist perpetrators of those atrocities as they did with the IRA and INLA.

What point were you trying to make or is agreeing with me your way of apologizing?

Quote Originally Posted by People Korps View Post
    Nevin lost her case and seeks to go to Europe so you agree with my point on the B6 and G4
    as to the other list you are also agreeing with me as we are aware of intelligence service colluding with the loyalist perpetrators of those atrocities as they did with the IRA and INLA.

What point were you trying to make or is agreeing with me your way of apologizing?
    I have always accepted the reasoning behind a contrived 'war on terror' I pointed out the error of your ways, that mirror hyper hysteria in the opposite is no better --I remain committed to that view as ever --but if you wish to construe that as some kind of appology (and for what???) then so be it --fairies will dance on the heads of pins...

Blair and Brown Governments Gory with Torture

Even I was taken aback by the sheer scale of British active involvement in extraordinary rendition revealed by yesterday’s report of the parliamentary Intelligence and Security Committee. Dominic Grieve and the committee deserve congratulations for their honesty, integrity and above all persistence. It is plain from the report that 10 Downing Street did everything possible to handicap the work of the committee. Most crucially they were allowed only to interview extremely senior civil servants and not allowed to interview those actively engaged in the torture and rendition programme.
    https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archi...-with-torture/
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12