Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Pue's Occurences History website from Ireland

  1. #1
    People Korps Guest

    Default Pue's Occurences History website from Ireland

    http://puesoccurrences.wordpress.com/

    Excellent history website from Ireland, very good and new website/blog, great images and articles. This could go to the World History too as it has a broad range of articles

    Editors
    Juliana Adelman
    Lisa-Marie Griffith
    Christina Morin
    Kevin O'Sullivan

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    2,375

    Default Re: Pue's Occurences History website from Ireland

    Quote Originally Posted by People Korps View Post
    http://puesoccurrences.wordpress.com/

    Excellent history website from Ireland, very good and new website/blog, great images and articles. This could go to the World History too as it has a broad range of articles

    Editors
    Juliana Adelman
    Lisa-Marie Griffith
    Christina Morin
    Kevin O'Sullivan
    Agreed. Bumping this post 'cos we need civilised stuff. Less political dross.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,947

    Default Re: Pue's Occurences History website from Ireland

    Everything will come to he/she who waits.

  4. #4
    People Korps Guest

    Default Re: Pue's Occurences History website from Ireland

    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsedmethodist View Post
    Agreed. Bumping this post 'cos we need civilised stuff. Less political dross.
    Yes indeed LM, and Pue's Occurrences has many articles by recent phD holders as well as some well established historians and is a really welcome break from talking about whether Cowen will fall or the other silly threads about traitors,
    here's just two http://puesoccurrences.wordpress.com...ll-a-tribunal/ Myles Dungan on the Parnell Times Special Commission
    which is nicely topical and Peter Rigney's excellent account of the Relieif of Charlestown during the big freeze of 1946/7.
    http://puesoccurrences.wordpress.com...ly-bad-winter/

    This account by Rigney is quite remarkable, it was published when we could get grit last year
    Last edited by People Korps; 29-03-2010 at 11:13 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default Re: Pue's Occurences History website from Ireland

    Small plug; another Irish history website here www.theirishstory.com .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,947

    Default Re: Pue's Occurences History website from Ireland

    Quote Originally Posted by Mpande View Post
    Small plug; another Irish history website here www.theirishstory.com .
    Welcome, Mpande. Thanks for the link. If it's your own site, it can go on our blogroll.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default Re: Pue's Occurences History website from Ireland

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Welcome, Mpande. Thanks for the link. If it's your own site, it can go on our blogroll.
    Indeed it is, much appreciated.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,947

    Default Re: Pue's Occurences History website from Ireland

    Quote Originally Posted by Mpande View Post
    Indeed it is, much appreciated.
    Very nice site and a great addition to our members' blogroll.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default Re: Pue's Occurences History website from Ireland

    Small update, our top posts from 2012,

    http://www.theirishstory.com/2012/12...posts-of-2012/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,947

    Default Re: Pue's Occurences History website from Ireland

    Quote Originally Posted by Mpande View Post
    Small update, our top posts from 2012,

    http://www.theirishstory.com/2012/12...posts-of-2012/
    Thanks - a couple in there I've missed and will read tonight.

    Congratulations
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default Re: Pue's Occurences History website from Ireland

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Thanks - a couple in there I've missed and will read tonight.

    Congratulations
    Thanks C.!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Rockall
    Posts
    78,947

    Default Re: Pue's Occurences History website from Ireland

    Quote Originally Posted by Mpande View Post
    Thanks C.!
    This, on the burning of the Customs House in 1921 is very interesting.

    Between that and the Four Courts a lot of history was lost.

    http://www.theirishstory.com/2012/05.../#.UN98iKzkI7c
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Share us
Follow Us