Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Seán Garland benefit -Leading trade unionists and political figures oppose extradition

Default Re: Seán Garland benefit.

And in response to your next comment,

zzzzzz. zzzzzz. zzzz.

I don't see any particular reason why the ball not man rule should be ignored here as it appears to be by all posters on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Garibaldy View Post
    Someone who spends their time arguing that Costello was the best thing since sliced bread talking about futility of arguments has me amused.

We all know there is no evidence against Garland, and we all know this is about Korea. As per usual, wannabe pseudo-revolutionaries are ending up on the side of reaction. Quelle surprise.
    Banks wouldn't change $100 notes in Dublin in 1995, I know this because I tried to change one in Ranelagh that I got sent over for my 21st. Why would there have been such limitations if it was only about Korea? The banks in the north had no such limitations but then Garland doesn't be up much.
    "Do not be misled by the promises of politicians. Remember that the whole history of Ireland is a record of betrayals by politicians and statesmen, and remembering this, spurn their lying promises and stand up for a United Ireland - an Ireland broad based upon the union of Labour and Nationality." - James Connolly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cáthasaigh View Post
    Banks wouldn't change $100 notes in Dublin in 1995, I know this because I tried to change one in Ranelagh that I got sent over for my 21st. Why would there have been such limitations if it was only about Korea? The banks in the north had no such limitations but then Garland doesn't be up much.
    Could you give some more details Cáth, such as bank name etc just so we can be sure of the contextual background. Also, to everyone posting here, less of the personal baiting and nicknames etc: confine yourselves to facts, any more insults and the thread will be locked.

Antie
    Mod Team
    Нооруз пиээ пурылыа выиттыа

'Our goal is to conquer state power for the Irish working class'
    Pat Rabitte, 1987

"Can I ask whether this is what the men of 1916 died for: a bailout from the German chancellor with a few shillings of sympathy from the British chancellor on the side?"
    Michael Noonan, November 2010

People Korps Guest

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    I don't see any particular reason why the ball not man rule should be ignored here as it appears to be by all posters on this thread.
    who is the man in question and who has the balls?

fact is given the state of US prisons no EU citizen should be extradited to the Us as it violates their human rights given the brutal regimes in their prisons, would we extradite to Burma?
    Legal teams should be using rape and death rates in USA prisons, violent assault frequencies etc also personal interference and intrusions on personal; space contra to good mental health ie multiple body checks and pat downs .....inhumane facilities not fit for any of our citizens who are protected by our constitution.

Full details on the case on indymedia here:

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/1008..._comments=true

Anyone know who the four sticks were who fled the country in the 80's when the printing operation here was rumbled by the gardai?
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by antiestablishmentarian View Post
    Could you give some more details Cáth, such as bank name etc just so we can be sure of the contextual background. Also, to everyone posting here, less of the personal baiting and nicknames etc: confine yourselves to facts, any more insults and the thread will be locked.

Antie
    Mod Team
    BOI Ranelagh, wouldn't touch a $100 note despite me having a BOI account.
    "Do not be misled by the promises of politicians. Remember that the whole history of Ireland is a record of betrayals by politicians and statesmen, and remembering this, spurn their lying promises and stand up for a United Ireland - an Ireland broad based upon the union of Labour and Nationality." - James Connolly.

The Garland extradition case was in the High Court today.

In an affidavit to the court, Brenda Johnson, assistant US attorney, said: 'This case involved a long-standing and large-scale supernotes distribution network (the Garland organisation) based in the Republic of Ireland and headed by Sean Garland, a senior officer in the Irish Workers' Party.'

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0718/garlands.html
    "This isn't working,
    My middle-brow f**ker"

Default Garland 'ringleader of forgery racket' - What does Gilmore think now?

Authorities in the US have accused Sean Garland of being the ringleader of a massive forgery racket that distributed the top grade counterfeit 100 dollar bills.

The former IRA leader is fighting his extradition to the US at the High Court in Dublin, which heard Mr Garland met a co-conspirator twice in Moscow with the fake cash.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...reaking55.html

However, Garland and Eamon "stickie" Gilmore used to be comrades before Gilmore changed colours and went in with the Blueshirts.

In December last year, Eamon was against any extradition - He’s an elderly man and I know that Ruairi Quinn and Joanna Tuffy have taken a strong stand and I support them on that," he said.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/k...#ixzz1SVNi7Rqq

Support for Seán Garland's anti-extradition campaign was pledged by the UNITE / SIPTU / TEEU union leaders at a side meeting at the recent ICTU conference in Killarney.

The audio of the meeting can be listened to here.

Last week in Dublin there was a public meeting last week in which TDs and Senators from across the political spectrum pledged their support. The meeting was reported in the Irish Times here.

Funny how Labour was represented by Burton and Tuffy.
    Not by any of Garland's ex-comrades.
    "This isn't working,
    My middle-brow f**ker"

Quote Originally Posted by Garibaldy View Post
    As per usual, wannabe pseudo-revolutionaries are ending up on the side of reaction. Quelle surprise.
    From a representative of the party which endorsed and profitted from supplying information on Republicans to the crown forces decades before the provos that's rather ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftAtTheCross View Post
    Support for Seán Garland's anti-extradition campaign was pledged by the UNITE / SIPTU / TEEU union leaders at a side meeting at the recent ICTU conference in Killarney.
    Any word on them supporting Jimmy Bulger while 'shout out for geriatric organised crimelords' is en vogue?

The audio of the meeting can be listened to here.

Last week in Dublin there was a public meeting last week in which TDs and Senators from across the political spectrum pledged their support. The meeting was reported in the Irish Times here.
    Now there's a surprise, sell-out parasites support gangster.

Oh God. Not Chris Hudson MBE.

Are these people opposed to all extraditions to the USA? Will they be bringing all party legislation before the Dail revoking any current arrangements? Or is it just Garland's extradition they are opposed to?
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast