Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Wikileaks Boss Assange Arrested in London Today - Takes Refuge in Ecuadorian Embassy

Default Re: Wikileaks Boss Assange Arrested in London Today - Takes Refuge in Ecuadorian Embassy

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    He helped exposed horrendous state crimes. For that he should be applauded.
    you think your state doesnt commit horrendous crimes? if we expand to your neighbors next door..well dont get me going on that...

now what was the benefit of exposing such horrendous crimes? what did ppl learn that they didnt already know? Hillary email? Hillary use of server? do we have less or more crimes today?

what did Assange get? house arrest for 7 years and a bunch of groupies that will follow him around for the rest of his life (which I suppose will go a long way to stroke his ego).... Plus more prison time in the US if he is extradited, because if not now (cos trumpies apparently love him) then later .. and I can wait.

Default Re: Wikileaks Boss Assange Arrested in London Today - Takes Refuge in Ecuadorian Embassy

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    you think your state doesnt commit horrendous crimes? if we expand to your neighbors next door..well dont get me going on that...

now what was the benefit of exposing such horrendous crimes? what did ppl learn that they didnt already know? Hillary email? Hillary use of server? do we have less or more crimes today?

what did Assange get? house arrest for 7 years and a bunch of groupies that will follow him around for the rest of his life (which I suppose will go a long way to stroke his ego).... Plus more prison time in the US if he is extradited, because if not now (cos trumpies apparently love him) then later .. and I can wait.
    As we can see here, Americans don't like being reminded that they are the baddies.

The Irish state has done terrible things (the defense forces don't go around massacring people or conduct illegal invasions, or any wars for that matter) but that doesn't lessen the evil of any other countries actions.

What was the benefit?

Truth.

US military has carried out terrorist campiagns. Absolutely correct that those warcrimes are exposed. The main reason is that the US state masquerades its terrorism under the guise of bringing democracy.

I've been reading on how the Tudor English state undertook its conquest of Ireland. Exactly the same, through terror and wrapped it up in civilizing the savages. Brutal.

As we can see here, Americans don't like being reminded that they are the baddies.

The Irish state has done terrible things (the defense forces don't go around massacring people or conduct illegal invasions, or any wars for that matter) but that doesn't lessen the evil of any other countries actions.

What was the benefit?

Truth.
    what did that Truth do for the World ? what changed? what have you learned that you didn't know before?

other than Assange being surrendered to UK authorities and soon enough to the US?

what is your opinion on his efforts that affected the US election? do you still think he is some sort of neutral figure that is only after the Truth?

what is Assange? a political figure of what type of ideology? an activist? .. he is certainly not "Just a Journalist" ..

my beef with this guy is that he actually believes ALL secrets should be revealed when in reality without some form of secrecy Diplomacy is impossible.

so what now?

what I really want to know is what's going to happen to the cat ... 🐈

Quote Originally Posted by Fraxinus View Post
    US military has carried out terrorist campiagns. Absolutely correct that those warcrimes are exposed. The main reason is that the US state masquerades its terrorism under the guise of bringing democracy.
    true.... a liberal system means that war crimes will be exposed sooner or later ...the problem is that if exposed before campaigns end then you are putting the lives of many more people at risk ..

.. also seems the US has been trying to withdraw from bringing in democracy to some parts of the world for some time now...

Is your argument seriously that war crimes should remain secret until the war in which said war crimes are being carried out in is over, as to do otherwise would put lives at risk?

Seriously!?

One can only assume that the lives at risk of which you speak are American lives, which are of course far more valuable than whatever damned natives happen to be subject to invasion and massacre at the time.

The "crime" that America accuses Assange of is to do with helping Chelsea Manning expose war crimes. Nothing to do with Hillary.

Before you guys get too excited praising Assange, consider this:

The full 40 minute unedited video from which Assange pulled his "Collateral Murder" clip, makes clear that there are at least two armed individuals on the ground. One with an RPG and one with an AK 47. Assange edited that out. The helicopter crews didn't just open fire indiscriminately. They sought and received permission.

Read this account of Assange's interview with comedian Stephen Colbert, plus related detail.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...s-colbert-per/

Also worth noting that the unsealed charging document is very sparse, mentions nothing about leaking, only conspiracy to hack, leading many to believe there will be further charges later. Spanky has already disowned him because he understands that his base wants to see Assange rot.....
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Let Assange be trialed in Sweden for the rape claims. He may not be an angel but ridiculous that he faces trial while those who conspired and arranged the overthrow of democratically elected governments like Guatemala and Chile and similar situations go unpunished. It's one standard for US and the British and another for everyone else.

Let Assange be trialed in Sweden for the rape claims. He may not be an angel but ridiculous that he faces trial while those who conspired and arranged the overthrow of democratically elected governments like Guatemala and Chile and similar situations go unpunished. It's one standard for US and the British and another for everyone else.
    Sweden dropped their charges against Assange years ago. I suppose they could reinstate them just to keep you happy....
    You're letting your anti US heart rule your head.......
    As a general rule the most successful man in life is the man who has the best information.

Is your argument seriously that war crimes should remain secret until the war in which said war crimes are being carried out in is over, as to do otherwise would put lives at risk?

Seriously!?

One can only assume that the lives at risk of which you speak are American lives, which are of course far more valuable than whatever damned natives happen to be subject to invasion and massacre at the time.

The "crime" that America accuses Assange of is to do with helping Chelsea Manning expose war crimes. Nothing to do with Hillary.

No, obviously not (answer to your first question).

What I am absolutely against is the idea that you simply do away with Diplomatic Secrecy. That's all.

Your person in question is another one like Steve Bannon.. massive ego ..on his way to disrupting, and if possible, demolishing current world order.

Not a fan, of either of them.

regarding last sentence... that is correct he started by helping Bradley Manning leak classified material and then moved on to persecute Hillary in the 2016 election with the dumping of the Podesta emails stolen by the russians from the DNC.

what did you people do with the irish people that helped the english when you had your Troubles?

basically as far as I am concerned Manning is a traitor bc he (now she) was in uniform at the time of using a foreign agent to release state secrets. Not the same case as Snowden which I consider to be a Whistleblower. Only a liberal democracy like the US lets a guy like that off the hook. I am fairly certain that his fate would have been quite different if he were a citizen of any european country.
    Last edited by random new yorker; 13-04-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bobulescu View Post
    Before you guys get too excited praising Assange, consider this:

The full 40 minute unedited video from which Assange pulled his "Collateral Murder" clip, makes clear that there are at least two armed individuals on the ground. One with an RPG and one with an AK 47. Assange edited that out. The helicopter crews didn't just open fire indiscriminately. They sought and received permission.

Read this account of Assange's interview with comedian Stephen Colbert, plus related detail.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...s-colbert-per/
    as he edited those other inconvenient pieces out he also added in Music which was the reason I knew immediately this guy/video can't be trusted...

Also worth noting that the unsealed charging document is very sparse, mentions nothing about leaking, only conspiracy to hack, leading many to believe there will be further charges later. Spanky has already disowned him because he understands that his base wants to see Assange rot.....
    i wonder what they have ... the current charges seem quite weak to me ... Manning clearly asked Assange to help him crack a password .. so then they can get the Conspiracy thing if Assange succeeded in doing so...either way there was clear intent ...
    Last edited by random new yorker; 13-04-2019 at 10:54 PM.

hmmm... mmm i guess Yes, one standard for the one that Rules and another for everybody else. But you agree that's not new, right?

Assange will not be trialed in Sweden bc they dropped the charges ... also there was this conspiracy theory at the time that the Swedes had charged Assange to help deliver him to the US... as if the US needs Sweden to help with deliverance of a person of interest like Assange... (risible)

Quote Originally Posted by random new yorker View Post
    No, obviously not (answer to your first question).

What I am absolutely against is the idea that you simply do away with Diplomatic Secrecy. That's all.

Your person in question is another one like Steve Bannon.. massive ego ..on his way to disrupting, and if possible, demolishing current world order.

Not a fan, of either of them.

regarding last sentence... that is correct he started by helping Bradley Manning leak classified material and then moved on to persecute Hillary in the 2016 election with the dumping of the Podesta emails stolen by the russians from the DNC.

what did you people do with the irish people that helped the english when you had your Troubles?

basically as far as I am concerned Manning is a traitor bc he (now she) was in uniform at the time of using a foreign agent to release state secrets. Not the same case as Snowden which I consider to be a Whistleblower. Only a liberal democracy like the US lets a guy like that off the hook. I am fairly certain that his fate would have been quite different if he were a citizen of any european country.
    You yanks have such a weird fetish for your military.

If my state was conducting war crimes I would want them exposed and the perpetrators held accountable. Whistleblowers are important, especially when the crimes they are exposing are so serious

You need to accept the fact that America is a messed up country, with terrible politics, a sick media, a warped society and a large moronic percentage of the population who voted for Trump and still support him. Stop blaming Russia.

I don't have to think that Assange is angelic to be against him bring extradited to a barbaric country like America who totally abuse prisoners and even execute them.

Here is a question for you: do you believe diplomatic secrecy is sacrosanct? What if Trump really went mad and started carrying out illegal military actions and killing of civilians, would you support a whistleblower in these circumstances leaking documents etc?

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223