Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wikileaks Boss Assange Arrested in London Today - Takes Refuge in Ecuadorian Embassy

People Korps Guest

Default Wikileaks Boss Assange Arrested in London Today - Takes Refuge in Ecuadorian Embassy

Julian Assange has been arrested in London he will be in court later today. Mastercard wont allow any cash to be sent to wikileaks and paypal has confiscated $60K while a swiss bank has stolen 26 K from wikileaks.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1207/wikileaks_assange.html
    Last edited by C. Flower; 19-08-2012 at 08:10 PM.

People Korps Guest

Default Re: Wikileaks boss arrested in London

In the 60s he would have gone underground fully. I see 30 years in a US fed prison at the end of this road. Police statement.

Officers from the Metropolitan Police Extradition Unit have this morning arrested Julian Assange on behalf of the Swedish authorities on suspicion of rape.

Julian Assange, 39, was arrested on a European Arrest Warrant by appointment at a London police station at 9.30am.

He is accused by the Swedish authorities of one count of unlawful coercion, two counts of sexual molestation and one count of rape, all alleged to have been committed in August 2010.

Assange is due to appear at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court today.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/...s-live-updates

Default Assange Arrested in Britain This Morning - Court Appearance Today

http://bit.ly/g1IP0w

Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, is expected to appear in a UK court today after his lawyers said he would meet police to discuss a European arrest warrant from Sweden relating to alleged sexual assaults.
    As the legal net continued to close around the whistleblowers' website and the US attorney general, Eric Holder, said he had authorised "a number of things to be done" to combat the organisation, Assange appeared to be reconciling himself to a lengthy personal court battle to avoid extradition to Sweden.
    Jennifer Robinson, a solicitor with Finers Stephens Innocent, which represents the Australian freedom of information campaigner, told the Guardian: "We have a received an arrest warrant [related to claims in Sweden]. We are negotiating a meeting with police."
    Another lawyer representing Assange, Mark Stephens, added: "He has not been charged with anything. We are in the process of making arrangements to meet the police by consent, in order to facilitate the taking of that question and answer that is needed. It's about time we got to the end of the day and we got some truth, justice and rule of law."
    Still waiting for Wikileaks to produce anything of substance off US message...

Default Re: Assange Arrested in Britain This Morning - Court Appearance Today

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    http://bit.ly/g1IP0w

Still waiting for Wikileaks to produce anything of substance off US message...
    I heard it yesterday that Assange was lving in Britain for a good while. I think someone saw him and reported it on the tweet. How effective the tweet can be for the police??

People Korps Guest

Funny, the Metropolitan Police has not released any statement regarding the reasons for the arrest (i.e. the European arrest warrant).

While Assange is preparing himself to battle extradition to Sweden, he might find himself very soon en route the US where he could spend the rest of his life in a Federal Penitentiary.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Default Re: Wikileaks Boss Assange Arrested in London Today

This stinks to the high heavens. One of his accusers works with a group that is funded by the US and which has links to former CIA agents and anti-Castro terrorist groups.

http://my.firedoglake.com/kirkmurphy...-has-cia-ties/

Small world, isn’t it? Julian Assange is the human face of Wikileaks – the organization that’s enabled whistle-blowers to reveal hideous war crimes and expose much of America’s foreign policy to the world.

He just happens to meet a Swedish woman who just happens to have been publishing her work in a well-funded anti-Castro group that just happens to have links with a group led by a man at least one journalist describes as an agent of the CIA: the violent secret arm of America’s foreign policy.

And she just happens to have been expelled from Cuba, which just happens to be the global symbol of successful defiance of American foreign policy.

And – despite her work in Sweden upholding the human right of gender equity – in Cuba she just happens to end up associating with a group openly supported by an admitted CIA agent who himself committed mass murder when he actively participated in the terrorist bombing of a jetliner carrying a Cuban sports team…an act that was of a piece with America’s secret foreign policy of violent attacks against Cuban state interests.

And now she just happens – after admittedly consensual sex – to have gone to Swedish authorities to report the sex ended without a condom…which just happens to be the pretext for Interpol to issue a “Red Notice” informing the world’s police forces of charges against Julian Assange.
    Нооруз пиээ пурылыа выиттыа

'Our goal is to conquer state power for the Irish working class'
    Pat Rabitte, 1987

"Can I ask whether this is what the men of 1916 died for: a bailout from the German chancellor with a few shillings of sympathy from the British chancellor on the side?"
    Michael Noonan, November 2010

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    Funny, the Metropolitan Police has not released any statement regarding the reasons for the arrest (i.e. the European arrest warrant).

While Assange is preparing himself to battle extradition to Sweden, he might find himself very soon en route the US where he could spend the rest of his life in a Federal Penitentiary.
    After a spell in Guantanamo followed by a 'confession' to whatever suits at the time.

He's been jailed on remand until January, having refused to give photo, ID, etc.

Apparently having consensual sex in Sweden without a condom is punishable by a term of imprisonment of a minimum of two years for rape.
    I'm not sure that I'm convinced that this is factually correct.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    He's been jailed on remand until January, having refused to give photo, ID, etc.

I'm not sure that I'm convinced that this is factually correct.
    There might be some obscure mad law --but do the Sweds really want to be known for putting up trumped up charges on something ridiculious? Short of video footage how can such a charge be proven --did the woman get pregnant and how do Sweds procreate? Maybe best not answer that. What really matters is will anyone be convinced if he is convicted?

Kev Bar Guest

THE HUFFINGTON POST

I Am Julian Assange

I am Julian Assange.

I want information so that I can hold my government accountable. If my country acts improperly and in my name, I want the proof. I want to know if there actually is no evidence proving weapons of mass destruction. I want to know if America is working with Israel to overthrow Iran's leadership. I want data that has not been spun by reporters that work for publishers and broadcasters with political and business goals that conflict with the facts. I want to know.

I am Julian Assange because I know unfettered information is valuable to democracy and a peaceful world. I can make the best decisions with the most knowledge. I can vote for the best candidates. I can support the smartest policies to help my country and the world. I am not naïve; I know that not every operation can be transparent but I have a right to know its outcome and how it has affected my country and me.

I do not believe Julian Assange has done anything wrong. The cables that have been published have all been printed in newspapers and redacted to protect individuals at risk. I do not want my country to prosecute a man whose actions are changing the way we get information and how we make critical decisions. I now know that my president and my country's military have not been honest about the war in Afghanistan. I know that my country has killed civilians and that we have refused to acknowledge our mistakes. I have learned that our allies are secretly consorting with our enemies.

I am also Pfc. Bradley Manning. I know that if I saw the disturbing information come across my desk that I would have confronted the conflict between my oath of service to my country and the immorality of its behavior. I do not believe I would have been able to ignore American helicopters gunning down journalists carrying cameras. I believe I would have acted on my conscience and found a way to reveal the facts. There was a reporter at the My Lai massacre in Vietnam but there was only a gun camera on the US helicopter in Iraq. And the Internet. And Bradley Manning.

I believe that governments are out of control and citizens have a decreasing belief that they can influence decisions. WikiLeaks and the Internet are empowering individuals and groups with information. Julian Assange and Bradley Manning are the first two faces and voices in a crowd that will soon be too big to control. Their arrests and charges and even prosecution will only spawn a broader resistance against war and deception and corruption. The Internet is now the reporter. This is the way the world is. I do not want to hear that there will always be wars and spying and death. I want information to prevent them and to build peace.

I am saddened that Australia's government is once more acting as a lapdog for American interests and is not demanding sovereign rights for one of its citizens. I am also distressed that the president of my country who ran for office promising a transparent government is trying to find a way to prosecute a foreign national, and is preventing Pfc Manning from speaking with his family. WikiLeaks has shown there is an America in civics textbooks and an America that functions differently in the real world. Adequate information might move us closer to the ideal. I no longer trust my president. I do not trust my congress. I place my trust in facts and I do not get them from most of the media. But I still want to know.

I am Julian Assange. And if you care about the truth, you are, too.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    Assange could face espionage trial in US

The US Justice Department is considering charging Mr Assange with espionage offences over his website’s unprecedented release of classified US diplomatic files.

Sources stressed that no extradition request would be submitted until and unless the US government laid charges against Mr Assange, and that attempts to take him to America would only take place after legal proceedings are concluded in Sweden.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Daniel Ellsberg's open letter to Amazon:
    I’m disgusted by Amazon’s cowardice and servility in abruptly terminating its hosting of the Wikileaks website, in the face of threats from Senator Joe Lieberman and other Congressional right-wingers. I want no further association with any company that encourages legislative and executive officials to aspire to China’s control of information and deterrence of whistle-blowing.
    http://www.ellsberg.net/archive/open-letter-to-amazon
    He compares the attacks on Assange to those that he suffered with the release of the Pentagon Papers.
    Ellsberg: “EVERY attack now made on WikiLeaks and Julian Assange was made against me and the release of the Pentagon Papers at the time.”
    http://www.ellsberg.net/archive/publ...-press-release

Quote Originally Posted by People Korps View Post
    Julian Assange has been arrested in London he will be in court later today. Mastercard wont allow any cash to be sent to wikileaks and paypal has confiscated $60K while a swiss bank has stolen 26 K from wikileaks.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1207/wikileaks_assange.html
    I think they worked backwards from the name "Wikileaks" in fabricating these charges

So it it about burst condoms....dreadful when that happens ..........

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast