Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Independence?

Default Scottish Independence?

Oops, sorry, sorry sorry, I meant to quote the Sunday express headline. I agree with you. I think the headline was scraping the barrel. Accidental slipped finger syndrome, apologies. Above post edited for clarity

"The floggings will continue until morale improves"
    Last edited by morticia; 10-06-2014 at 07:53 PM.
    "The floggings will continue until morale improves "

Default Re: Scottish Independence?

Quote Originally Posted by morticia View Post
    Oops, sorry, sorry sorry, I meant to quote the Sunday express headline. I agree with you. I think the headline was scraping the barrel. Accidental slipped finger syndrome, apologies.

I've only just noticed that the ''floggings'' remark is your signature. Me messed up too.
    Happiness is an inside job.

No worries 😉

Interesting point from ST food writer AA Gill. There's an element of comparing caviar with cantaloupe though.

Bless! Good one...

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8ff0a24a-1...#axzz39jzd44dc

"Devo Max" would be a contemporary version of "Killing Home Rule with Kindness in Ireland", course doesn't mean they'll deliver it if Scotland votes No.

Bless! Good one...
    He shouldn't have mentioned the whiskey...
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

They will be rightly laughed at forever if they vote no.

There can be no sympathy with a country that is too afraid of standing on its' own two feet. Anyone prepared to be governed by Tories rather than an SNP/Green alliance who are backing this deserves to be ridiculed.

Small minded of me maybe but if they vote no over Sterling just shows they approve of the Status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalMayhem View Post
    He shouldn't have mentioned the whiskey...
    Well he's right. The only decent whiskey making distillery in Ireland is Kilbeggan and they were bought out by Jim Beem. Maybe some vintages by Bushmills would make it up there but Irish whiskey is the same as Irish beer, pish-water...

Quote Originally Posted by Apjp View Post

There can be no sympathy with a country that is too afraid of standing on its' own two feet. Anyone prepared to be governed by Tories rather than an SNP/Green alliance who are backing this deserves to be ridiculed.

Small minded of me maybe but if they vote no over Sterling just shows they approve of the Status quo.
    A bit harsh and simplified. Large tracts of Scotland have been assimilated by England and thus Scottish identity is tittering on the brink. This could bring it back but its hard to undo colonial damage, as we know ourselves.

Piers Morgan sets the Scots straight. That should serve to swing a few undecided voters:

Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

hiding inside Brendan Gleesons underwear drawer...

Sorry to be a ****** here but is that just not democracy in action? We are on the same side here, we want them to vote yes to Independence but would should they vote no, thats the decision that they have made, we have to respect it. Nothing stopping them whatsoever from holding another one like they did the Lisbon treaty here.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-...itics-28732885

Meanwhile there is a drive to push people to vote. Electoral parties have resorted to facebook and twitter and other social media outlets in an effort to encourage people to vote.
    History is the only true teacher, the revolution the best school for the proletariat - Rosa Luxembourg

Plus 100, on behalf of all my Scottish ancestors who died at Glencoe, Culloden, Highland Clearances (which displaced even more people than the Famine) etc.

For once, I am in complete agreement.

I hope our government will be prepared to extend a helping hand in the event of a yes vote though; there could be chaos all around.

But fear shouldn't be the only reason to maintain the status quo.

G'wan, show Westmonster a pair of heels...

The latest Better Together video seems to have seriously annoyed a lot of people.

"The woman who made up her mind"
    Even the title could be misconstrued......

Omg, that could be construed as a tad sexist. Do you think the Tories actually want a yes vote? Propaganda like that could ensure them control of England for the next 3 elections, perhaps? Without the non-Tory voting Scots??

Fume. Feel the fear and do it ANYWAY...

Omg, that could be construed as a tad sexist. Do you think the Tories actually want a yes vote? Propaganda like that could ensure them control of England for the next 3 elections, perhaps? Without the non-Tory voting Scots??

Fume. Feel the fear and do it ANYWAY...

It's horrendous. Could almost be satire. Unsurprisingly it's currently being ripped to shreds on social media across the water.

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast