Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Predictions for FF in the General Election

Default Re: Predictions for FF in the General Election

Quote Originally Posted by antiestablishmentarian View Post
    Pigs will fly before he gets in again- where I live he sent his daughter out canvassing the last time and that still rankles with people. Also, FF are tearing themselves apart in Galway city with a feud between the Crowe and Fahy camps, so it's likely we'll see Kevin Nolan elected and maybe Catherine Connolly too, while Healy-Eames should also capitalise on the infighting and all the economic chaos to take a seat.
    Any chance you could put parties to those candidates you named?

Quote Originally Posted by FIVE View Post
    Overhead someone today saying Frank Fahy called to there door yesterday and was in no doubt he would be elected...
    Sheer arrogance coming from Frank Fahey. Friend of mine from Tribe county told him that he won't be voting for him at all. Frank admitted that he might not get a seat as he was trying to get sympathy vote from my friend. He told Frank that he can go to hell as long as FF remain in the opposition.

He asked Frank,where did you get all the money for his 29 properties as he refused to comment on it??

Quote Originally Posted by Gruffalo View Post
    Any chance you could put parties to those candidates you named?
    Apologies: Nolan is Labour, Healy-Eames is FG, Catherine Connolly is Ind, ex-Labour, and the other two gobsh1tes are FF
    Нооруз пиээ пурылыа выиттыа

'Our goal is to conquer state power for the Irish working class'
    Pat Rabitte, 1987

"Can I ask whether this is what the men of 1916 died for: a bailout from the German chancellor with a few shillings of sympathy from the British chancellor on the side?"
    Michael Noonan, November 2010

Quote Originally Posted by disability student View Post
    Did you see FF Andrew's face last night in the frontline??

He knows that FF's GONE as his body language betrayed him. He stood slumped instead fighting for FF.
    Andrews is the only honest and decent FF minister I've seen on TV, well at least compared to the other crooks who go on and lie as if it doesn't matter.

O I can't wait for the results of Election 2011

RahenyFG;98074]Andrews is the only honest and decent FF minister I've seen on TV, well at least compared to the other crooks who go on and lie as if it doesn't matter.

I won't blame you for that. Enda Kenny need to be kicked out as soon as possible. I'm no fan of Kenny as i like to see a new FG leader after the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by antiestablishmentarian View Post
    Apologies: Nolan is Labour, Healy-Eames is FG, Catherine Connolly is Ind, ex-Labour, and the other two gobsh1tes are FF
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by RahenyFG View Post
    Andrews is the only honest and decent FF minister I've seen on TV, well at least compared to the other crooks who go on and lie as if it doesn't matter.

Andrews, like so many, trading on his bloodline. Hopefully that nonsense will come to an end too.

Oops, Meant to put a big LOL at that post.

I can see Nolan,Connolly doing it, dont rate Healy-Eames at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Griska View Post
    Andrews, like so many, trading on his bloodline. Hopefully that nonsense will come to an end too.
    Andrews was useless as a minister for children as huge delays regarding the referendrum for children's rights. He kept delaying for ages as he doesn't have children's interests at heart. Also his dealings with HSE matters when it came to children whose rights were endlessly abused and trampled over with.

Quote Originally Posted by FIVE View Post
    Oops, Meant to put a big LOL at that post.

I can see Nolan,Connolly doing it, dont rate Healy-Eames at all.
    It'll be a scrap between herself and Grealish for the last seat but I think she'd be likely to get more transfers than Grealish given his track record in the PDs, and given the fact that they will run other candidates who will of course likely transfer heavily to her, such as Seán Kyne out in Moycullen and of course Pádraig McCormack.

Pat Rabitte, 1987

"Can I ask whether this is what the men of 1916 died for: a bailout from the German chancellor with a few shillings of sympathy from the British chancellor on the side?"

D Aherne & Rory O'Hanlon not contesting the GE.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...12.html?via=mr

'Their decisions bring the number of sitting TDs not contesting the next election to 15.'

Is the party, as we know it, bowing out, having delivered the country into de facto foreign rule ?

I'd say 35 is the max. I don't doubt there will be the usual 'liers' when it comes to the polls, those who'll say they won't vote FF but do. In many rurual areas there is still a hard core FF, mostly because 'we've always voted FF and wouldn't vote for anyone else'

The weather on polling day may have more influence than usual, the cars etc may be harder to find.

In the three seaters where they only have one now they could be vulnerable.

I'm horriifed to think that the likes of Bertie, O'Dea, various O'Keefes, Hanafin, Coghlan, etc., will be back in the Dail.....Some people have no shame, no backbone, no courage.

Quote Originally Posted by barrym View Post
    I'd say 35 is the max. I don't doubt there will be the usual 'liers' when it comes to the polls, those who'll say they won't vote FF but do. In many rurual areas there is still a hard core FF, mostly because 'we've always voted FF and wouldn't vote for anyone else'

The weather on polling day may have more influence than usual, the cars etc may be harder to find.

In the three seaters where they only have one now they could be vulnerable.

I'm horriifed to think that the likes of Bertie, O'Dea, various O'Keefes, Hanafin, Coghlan, etc., will be back in the Dail.....Some people have no shame, no backbone, no courage.
    I think a lot of rural people vote for the person rather than just the party which is why FF might be in more trouble in future elections once the celebrity era have all retired e.g. I know quite a few FG'rs in Offaly who actually vote for Cowen.

According to today's Indo they will not be running a candidate in Rory O'Hanlon's place in Cavan-Monaghan. They will stick with two candidates as they dont want to split the vote. I would say we could this happen in a few constituencies.

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...n-2442991.html

On an aside the article also suggests that SF will have two candidates in Cavan-Monaghan.

Just listening to the ESB cráic over on liveline.

Would there be a call for thread on possible members of the %17 club ?
    I think it would be interesting to have a list of all those reliant on the status quo/gravy train.

List of FF appointees even ? (If the servers could handle it )
    Especially the recent ones, last of the jobs for the boys.
    I think a close eye should be kept on this cráic now that the wheels are finally coming off.
    Last chance for some

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    D Aherne & Rory O'Hanlon not contesting the GE.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...12.html?via=mr

'Their decisions bring the number of sitting TDs not contesting the next election to 15.'

Is the party, as we know it, bowing out, having delivered the country into de facto foreign rule ?
    It's clear that the big boys are running scared of the electorate at the moment, so it's not unlikely that we could see more incumbent FFers retiring and being replaced as candidates by local councillors. That would have the added bonus of continuing to split them as we'd see separate factions emerging around different candidates for the ticket, leading to fraternal warfare inside FF, something which would only benefit opposition groups come election time.

Pat Rabitte, 1987

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast