Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 83

Thread: Leo Varadkar interview with IT: right wing policies from an ideological base and proud of it

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    415

    Default Leo Varadkar interview with IT: right wing policies from an ideological base and proud of it

    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...283746408.html

    “Fine Gael needs to be Fine Gael and needs to stand its ground. It should not sacrifice its politics for position in government. We need to stand over our policies when negotiating a programme for government.


    “Some people arrive into a party through an intellectual process. I had an ideological connection to a party. A big part of it was the values of the party. It told people the truth even when they did not want to hear it.

    When Varadkar first entered the Dáil, he became friendly with the Cork East senator Paul Bradford, a politician noted for his wry observations. “Paul said to me: Leo, I see you are one of these people who are interested in policy. It will do you no good in this place!”

    He's an out and out right winger and it's hard to see how people like him and Creighton really fit in to the populist claptrap from Enda Kenny.

    If people really knew what the right wing agenda curtailed would they vote for it/him/FG? Unequal indirect taxes, private healthcare from private insurance companies and so on. I don't think he comes across as that right-wing on telly if you're just taking brief glances but the aul wans probably love him which is all the better.

    Dub West will either be an interesting or a depressing constituency result - interesting if someone isn't re-elected and depressing if the same three get back in.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    545

    Default Re: Leo Varadkar interview with IT: right wing policies from an ideological base and proud of it

    Quote Originally Posted by Design for Life View Post
    If people really knew what the right wing agenda curtailed would they vote for it/him/FG? Unequal indirect taxes, private healthcare from private insurance companies and so on.
    plus more jobs, which left wing populist cannot offer
    another difference is that hard workers will be better with right wing policies, more harder you work, more money you will bring home, while under rule of left wingers it will be champaign socialists, who will equalize everybody, except public servants, through progressive taxation
    jobs in IBM, Ebay, Paypal and other MNC's in D15 are result of right wing policies, all achievements of left wingers were only council estates

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    5,362

    Default Re: Leo Varadkar interview with IT: right wing policies from an ideological base and proud of it

    Quote Originally Posted by bormotello View Post
    plus more jobs, which left wing populist cannot offer
    another difference is that hard workers will be better with right wing policies, more harder you work, more money you will bring home, while under rule of left wingers it will be champaign socialists, who will equalize everybody, except public servants, through progressive taxation
    jobs in IBM, Ebay, Paypal and other MNC's in D15 are result of right wing policies, all achievements of left wingers were only council estates
    I doubt you believe this nonsense and are just looking for an argument.
    If this is a true reflection of what you believe however, it shows a wonderful level of ignorance.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    545

    Default Re: Leo Varadkar interview with IT: right wing policies from an ideological base and proud of it

    Quote Originally Posted by Griska View Post
    I doubt you believe this nonsense and are just looking for an argument.
    If this is a true reflection of what you believe however, it shows a wonderful level of ignorance.
    There is less ignorance in right wing ideology then in attempts of left wingers hide own laziness and inability to create wealth behind care about other people.

    BTW, Leo doesn’t represent views of whole Fine Gael, which is still populist party without any ideology behind it. It is like calling Fianna Fail socialist party, because they had “last remaining socialist” as leader.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Leo Varadkar interview with IT: right wing policies from an ideological base and proud of it

    ah Bormotello

    I wouldn't waste my time replying

    Its pretty sad how one-sided this forum has turned - its pretty much indy-media for people who can spell and other associated whingers - if you have mainstream views - or perish the thought - might actually sway to the right - there will be no welcome or tolerance for you here.

    Sad - whenever I think of PW thesedays - the little room where the Peoples Front of Judea met in the Life of Brian springs to mind - a small group of malcontents and ideologues sitting around ,scheming,pontificating ,seek mutual self reinforcement of their dreams about toppling the imperialist totalitarian masters while outside the world goes on without them - or dreaming up another auld march or protest which in one foul swoop will turn the country into revolution! - They will still be all here in 10 years time talking the same auld sh^te to the same converted few ,looking down their noses at the democracy they live in.

    Meh - Leo has beliefs - well fancy that and good for him

    BTW - DNW is going to be a 4 seater next time around - Leo will easily retain his seat and the Beloved St Joe of the whingers will probably regain his dail seat too......everybody happy.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    5,362

    Default Re: Leo Varadkar interview with IT: right wing policies from an ideological base and proud of it

    Quote Originally Posted by Edo View Post
    ah Bormotello

    I wouldn't waste my time replying

    Its pretty sad how one-sided this forum has turned - its pretty much indy-media for people who can spell and other associated whingers - if you have mainstream views - or perish the thought - might actually sway to the right - there will be no welcome or tolerance for you here.

    Sad - whenever I think of PW thesedays - the little room where the Peoples Front of Judea met in the Life of Brian springs to mind - a small group of malcontents and ideologues sitting around ,scheming,pontificating ,seek mutual self reinforcement of their dreams about toppling the imperialist totalitarian masters while outside the world goes on without them - or dreaming up another auld march or protest which in one foul swoop will turn the country into revolution! - They will still be all here in 10 years time talking the same auld sh^te to the same converted few ,looking down their noses at the democracy they live in.

    Meh - Leo has beliefs - well fancy that and good for him

    BTW - DNW is going to be a 4 seater next time around - Leo will easily retain his seat and the Beloved St Joe of the whingers will probably regain his dail seat too......everybody happy.
    And yet, you're still here.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Out of my mind
    Posts
    12,138

    Default Re: Leo Varadkar interview with IT: right wing policies from an ideological base and proud of it

    Some people arrive into a party through an intellectual process. I had an ideological connection to a party.
    Leo Varadkar would not get very far, had he to go through an 'intellectual process'.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    5,362

    Default Re: Leo Varadkar interview with IT: right wing policies from an ideological base and proud of it

    Quote Originally Posted by bormotello View Post
    There is less ignorance in right wing ideology then in attempts of left wingers hide own laziness and inability to create wealth behind care about other people.

    BTW, Leo doesn’t represent views of whole Fine Gael, which is still populist party without any ideology behind it. It is like calling Fianna Fail socialist party, because they had “last remaining socialist” as leader.
    I don't know where to begin.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    545

    Default Re: Leo Varadkar interview with IT: right wing policies from an ideological base and proud of it

    Quote Originally Posted by Griska View Post
    I don't know where to begin.
    Don’t worry
    I didn’t expect any answer, because it will require some thinking outside of left wing clichés

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    5,362

    Default Re: Leo Varadkar interview with IT: right wing policies from an ideological base and proud of it

    Quote Originally Posted by bormotello View Post
    Don’t worry
    I didn’t expect any answer, because it will require some thinking outside of left wing clichés
    Left wing = lazyness - Speaking of cliches.

    Your posts make little sense comrade.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,105

    Default Re: Leo Varadkar interview with IT: right wing policies from an ideological base and proud of it

    Leo arrived too late for the PDs - he'd have loved them. I doubt though if he would have fitted in with the PDs, habiliment wise in anyway. I mean who cares if your socks match your tie?

    Leo likes to think of himself as sometimes outspoken but maybe, because he lives a cocooned life, he doesn't realise most of us have heard the same stuff before - and spouted by much more substantial personages than himself.

    Leo obviously believes that politics - ideology driven politics - began when he arrived at the gates of Leinster House. His grasp on Irish politics in the 1980s is very dodgy. Apparently the recession here in the 80s was caused by Fine Gael giving in to Labour!

    Enda knows Leo's worth though by giving him the Energy portfolio ... a place where he can expend all the hot-air.
    Give me a misty day, pearly gray, silver, silky faced, wide-awake crescent-shaped smile

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    545

    Default Re: Leo Varadkar interview with IT: right wing policies from an ideological base and proud of it

    Quote Originally Posted by Griska View Post
    Left wing = lazyness - Speaking of cliches.

    Your posts make little sense comrade.
    Left wing = laziness and Speaking of clichés as result of laziness to think
    This is why rusty failed Marxism is still bible for left wingers

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    5,362

    Default Re: Leo Varadkar interview with IT: right wing policies from an ideological base and proud of it

    Quote Originally Posted by bormotello View Post
    Left wing = laziness and Speaking of clichés as result of laziness to think
    This is why rusty failed Marxism is still bible for left wingers
    This while capitalism is working a treat for us!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,044

    Default Re: Leo Varadkar interview with IT: right wing policies from an ideological base and proud of it

    One rather obvious question to put to free-market idealogues who still parrot the routine that 'business' should be free to do what it wants is; 'As you look around at the devastation in the economy would you say its because of a lack of free-market policies or excessive socialism?'

    Its the question free market idealogues don't want asked of them. I've seen a few even trying to push the idea that Ireland will recover by 'freeing the market' even further from regulation.

    This is roughly the equivalent of a German businessman standing in the ruins of Berlin in 1945 calling for the emergence of a strong nationalist leader.
    Think National. Act Local. Oh- and superstition is just the dark matter of human history.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    545

    Default Re: Leo Varadkar interview with IT: right wing policies from an ideological base and proud of it

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Con O'Sullivan View Post
    One rather obvious question to put to free-market idealogues who still parrot the routine that 'business' should be free to do what it wants is; 'As you look around at the devastation in the economy would you say its because of a lack of free-market policies or excessive socialism?'
    You cannot combine two policies in country without stable source of income(industry or natural resources).
    If you want to have light touch regulation, then you need to save money gained from them in special stability fund, which will be used during crisis, but not waste on increasing PS payroll bill and welfare benefits.
    If you want to have excessive regulation, then you must be prepared for race to the bottom, when incompetent regulators will destroy any business initiative, incomes will fail and country become supplier of cheap workforce for foreign companies

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Share us
Follow Us