Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Whistleblower. Something truly rotten in the banking sector. Silence from our politicians!!!

Default Re: Whistleblower. Something truly rotten in the banking sector. Silence from our politicians!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectabilis View Post
    Thanks. I thought not. I have posted a comment to The Times to that effect.
    Thanks very much. One of the points made strongly by Jonathan Sugarman in his evidence to the Committee on Thursday was that he was not able to work at all since his resignation from Unicredit.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Default Re: Whistleblower. Something truly rotten in the banking sector. Silence from our politicians!!!

I am hoping for some decent media coverage after the bank hoiday weekend, and even for suitable reaction from the Dáil. In the meantime, a reminder:

Last edited by Spectabilis; 15-04-2017 at 05:57 PM.

I think it would need a commission of investigation into the IFSC - and I don't seem that happening any time soon.
    "If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

"If you go far enough to either extreme of the political spectrum, Communist or fascist, you'll find hard-eyed men with guns who believe that anybody who doesn't think as they do should be incarcerated or exterminated. " - Jim Garrison, Former DA, New Orleans.

In the absence of any media overage today on #jonathanSugarman, perhaps this will engage you:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/i...lity-sdc0tbf65

Again sorry if this is paywalled, I can't check that.

Yes, all very murky, and horrifying that one of the main players, Noonan, is still waffling as if nothing remains to be done.

OTOH, the IFSC and the like is an unfortunate reality of todays "economics" There was a piece in the IT on Saturday about the proceeds of the Gas Co sale. Leaving aside the scandal of selling off state assets the jiggery-pokery of using the money is disgraceful, including removing the social housing element. It is the norm of planning today, fudge around until you need a few bob, for ex to pay back water charges, before a GE.

The European Central Bank is a major player in the nonsense, still pumping out squillions every month of free money. where s it? down the docks?

Quote Originally Posted by barrym View Post
    Yes, all very murky, and horrifying that one of the main players, Noonan, is still waffling as if nothing remains to be done.

OTOH, the IFSC and the like is an unfortunate reality of todays "economics" There was a piece in the IT on Saturday about the proceeds of the Gas Co sale. Leaving aside the scandal of selling off state assets the jiggery-pokery of using the money is disgraceful, including removing the social housing element. It is the norm of planning today, fudge around until you need a few bob, for ex to pay back water charges, before a GE.

The European Central Bank is a major player in the nonsense, still pumping out squillions every month of free money. where s it? down the docks?
    And aren't we all happy to know that the ECB is now the regulator of the large banks in Ireland, not the ICB ? Indeed, I'm not sure what exactly the ICB is left with to do of significance, beyond looking after the Credit Unions and piggy banks.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

The long awaited interview of Jonathan Sugarman by Sean Moncrieff on Newstalk. It is followed by the statement from the Central Bank, which was the cause of the long delay.

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Mon...s_to_Moncrieff

Haven't listened to it yet, but it says in the article that he has had to sleep rough?
    The United Irishman. Updated 5/2/14

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse go Deo View Post
    Haven't listened to it yet, but it says in the article that he has had to sleep rough?
    I have heard him say that he lost his home after resigning from the bank. I would assume that the income fall was drastic.
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Interesting interview with Jonathan Sugarman on Cork radio - day after giving a lecture at UCC. More informal and relaxed and a change to hear an interviewer who had a grasp of the issues and asked the right questions - and who was not hostile. A lot of support for Sugarman from "callers in".

https://soundcloud.com/opinionline96...odcast-is-here
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Thanks for posting that link. Listening now.

(Enjoying Jonathan Sugarman's precision and impeccable enunciation. Now that I know the timeline of events from earlier broadcasts and can be distracted from the serious facts he reports.)

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233