Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Whistleblower. Something truly rotten in the banking sector. Silence from our politicians!!!

Default Re: Whistleblower. Something truly rotten in the banking sector. Silence from our politicians!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MPB View Post
    Mr Hillery seems to have lived a somewhat charmed existence.

A proverbial Forest Gump. Always in the most important places at the time of plenty.

I suppose when you are fixing the upward only pay and pensions of the top civil servants, you can afford yourself the odd cover up of a fraud taking place in your bank, without redress from the very civil servants whose pay you are responsible for, in fact you can expect a place on the very board whose rules you trod all over.

I really hope you have the where with all to stick this out Johnathan, because I believe that this is exactly the type of scandal that has the capacity to collapse the insiders house of cards.

The protection one might receive by being a member of that small and powerful elite, interconnected to all of the main bastions of power in Ireland, is also the key to collapsing the house of cards.

That interconnection and incestuous relationship to all things powerful, is also the biggest weakness.

Expose one and you can expose them all.
    He is also currently a member of the Government Review Body on Higher Remuneration in the Public Sector and a Director of the National Pensions Reserve Fund Commission (Irelan
    Why ????
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Default Re: Whistleblower. Something truly rotten in the banking sector. Silence from our politicians!!!

Dr Brian Hillery:

Providence Resources Public Limited Company

Open: 11 Jul 1997 — Present (15 years, 4 months, 5 days)
    Director
    Service Activities Incidental To Oil and Gas Extraction Excluding Surveying

Providence Resources (Gulf) Limited

Open: 14 Apr 2008 — Present (4 years, 7 months, 2 days)
    Director
    Management Activities Non-Financial Hold Co Not Elsew Classified

Independent News & Media Public Limited Company

Retired: 17 Dec 2003 — 24 Oct 2011 (7 years, 10 months, 7 days)
    Director
    Publishing of Newspapers

Unicredit Bank Ireland Public Limited Company

Retired: 27 Nov 1997 — 28 Apr 2008 (10 years, 5 months, 1 day)
    Director
    Other Credit Granting (Not Elsewhere Classified)
    Bank of Scotland (Ireland) Limited
    (Removed)

Retired: 03 Oct 2000 — 28 Feb 2001 (4 months, 25 days)
    Director
    Banks

Pioneer Investment Management Limited

Retired: 22 Jun 1998 — 16 Feb 2001 (2 years, 7 months, 24 days)
    Director
    Activities of Investment Trusts

Director of Providence Resources (Gulf) Limited
    Date of Birth: Nov 1935

Quote Originally Posted by disability student View Post
    Dr Brian Hillery:

Providence Resources Public Limited Company

Open: 11 Jul 1997 — Present (15 years, 4 months, 5 days)
    Director
    Service Activities Incidental To Oil and Gas Extraction Excluding Surveying

Providence Resources (Gulf) Limited

Open: 14 Apr 2008 — Present (4 years, 7 months, 2 days)
    Director
    Management Activities Non-Financial Hold Co Not Elsew Classified

Independent News & Media Public Limited Company

Retired: 17 Dec 2003 — 24 Oct 2011 (7 years, 10 months, 7 days)
    Director
    Publishing of Newspapers

Unicredit Bank Ireland Public Limited Company

Retired: 27 Nov 1997 — 28 Apr 2008 (10 years, 5 months, 1 day)
    Director
    Other Credit Granting (Not Elsewhere Classified)
    Bank of Scotland (Ireland) Limited
    (Removed)

Retired: 03 Oct 2000 — 28 Feb 2001 (4 months, 25 days)
    Director
    Banks

Pioneer Investment Management Limited

Retired: 22 Jun 1998 — 16 Feb 2001 (2 years, 7 months, 24 days)
    Director
    Activities of Investment Trusts

Director of Providence Resources (Gulf) Limited
    Date of Birth: Nov 1935
    Don,t forget his lineage.

Son of ex President of Ireland Paddy Hillery.

If Ireland had a Royal lineage, which of course we do, Brian Hillery is very close to the throne.

Royal lineages don,t tend to get voted out, they only go when they are booted out.

It is an unfortunate fact, but a fact none the less, this country is a revolution away from sorting itself out.

What form that revolution takes, is an open question.

But when it happens, the likes of Brian Hillery will not die with a state pension.

David Malone has amended one of the last paragraphs in yesterday's posting. Here is the amended version:

One such old guard is Mr Elderfield’s boss, Dr Brian Hillery. Dr Hillery was appointed to be a Director of the Central Bank of Ireland which incorporates the Financial Regulators Office of Ireland, in May 2008. Before his appointment to be guardian of financial probity in Dublin, he was the Chairman of …UniCredit Bank Ireland at the precise time Mr Sugarman was there trying to report those financial ‘problems’ to the financial regulator (who at the time was Mr Elderfields disgeraced predecessor, Mr Patrick Neary). So definitely no conflict of interests there. Obviously.

http://www.golemxiv.co.uk/2012/11/jo...dit-an-update/

A guest talk by WhistleblowerIrl live streamed here, on a visit to Greece. Just starting, J speaking last.

For those of you who have nothing better to do, please feel free to log on to the link below. The talk is due to commence at 16:00 (London time).
    I am scheduled to be the last of the four speakers.

J.

Press the blue link at the bottom, where it says "video" via this link.

http://www.auth.gr/en/node/15106
    Last edited by C. Flower; 19-11-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    “ We cannot withdraw our cards from the game. Were we as silent and mute as stones, our very passivity would be an act. ”
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Jonathan speaking now.

This guy is on the panel too.

http://www.catastroika.com/detailsen.php?id=137&type=s
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

It probably says a lot about the political world we live in when state bodies such a university and TV station in Greece invite me to talk, yet their Irish equivalents have kept deathly silent about my story.

Here is the official website of Greece's 3rd TV channel where I participtaed in a live debate last Monday. My participation begins on minute 27:00 on this link:
    http://www.ert.gr/webtv/et3/item/880...2#.ULUXheR183j

Or, if you would like to go directly to the debate in which I participated, it is available on YouTube at:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=aaaxIcOkw3E

I am left wondering how come RTÉ has visited my blog countless times, but has never asked me around for an interview?!? It is now a year since ABC TV in Australia came to Dublin to interview me. This would imply that what I have to say is relevant to the tax-payers of Greece and Australia, but not to the Irish public. How odd, considering the fact that David Norris raised it in the Seanad and Joan Burton raised it the Dáil (but has remained as silent as RTÉ since she came to power...).

Here are the announcement & link to the speech I gave at Aristotle University in Thessaloniki (my speech begins at 1:22:30):

ARISTOTLE UNIVERSITY OF THESSALONIKI

The University Initiative for Policy Alternative outlets invites you to an event on:

"Alternative policies for managing the crisis"

http://www.auth.gr/video/15117

Speakers:

Leonidas Vatikiotis, Economist, Journalist

John Theodosius, Professor of Economics, University of Aberdeen,

Lefteris Tsoulfidis, Associate Professor, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia,

Jonathan Sugarman, Financial commentator, former Risk Manager of UniCredit Bank Ireland

Contact Info
    authacademicinitiative@gmail.com
    About the event
    Dates:
    Monday, the 19th November, 2 012 - 18 o'clock to 9:00 p.m.
    Venue:
    KE.D.E.A Building (Auditorium A, ground floor)
    Event organization
    University Initiative for Policy Alternative outlets
    Submitted on 15/11/2012 @ 14:35
    Last edited by WhistleblowerIRL; 01-12-2012 at 08:43 PM. Reason: added detail

Quote Originally Posted by WhistleblowerIRL View Post
    Here is the official website of Greece's 3rd TV channel where I participtaed in a live debate last Monday. My participation begins on minute 27:00 on this link:
    http://www.ert.gr/webtv/et3/item/880...2#.ULUXheR183j
    Just watched that. Very good.

You are a natural. We need to get you onto the VB show.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Good stuff.

Particularly enjoyed this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=aaaxIcOkw3E
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Many thanks Sam & C.

Sam, I'm sorry to tell you that I met with V Browne at his studio, when I accompanied David Malone (GolemXIV) there over a year ago. Browne gave me his private email address during my conversation with him. I also gave my details to his assistant. I never heard back from either of them.

Default Maidir Le: Whistleblower. Something truly rotten in the banking sector. Silence from our politicians!!!

not only on the vinb show but a one to one interview

Many thanks Sam & C.

Sam, I'm sorry to tell you that I met with V Browne at his studio, when I accompanied David Malone (GolemXIV) there over a year ago. Browne gave me his private email address during my conversation with him. I also gave my details to his assistant. I never heard back from either of them.
    E-mail the youtube clip to him.
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    E-mail the youtube clip to him.
    I did. On the day of the interview. Alas, no response.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengoddess View Post
    I am very concerned about the influence of this group on the government and our taxation policies. And will begin a campaign on it. As some of you know I uncovered letters under FOI about the FTT whose tone was described in unmentionable terms by Dcon!
    This in a time of budget savagery too. It is difficult though to get the media interested . ( for some reason....)
    Whistleblower, if you would like to meet, I'll send you a pm. I am actually, a real, live politician.
    Greengodess, is it because of the fact that you are a "real, live politician" that I have yet to hear from you and/or you assistants? You have twice now announced on PW that you would like to talk to me, but actions have yet to follow words...

I did. On the day of the interview. Alas, no response.
    Twitter has got quite lively about this
    — Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast