Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another speculator flees the country

Default Another speculator flees the country

I see Sean Dunne is the latest to leave the sinking ship:
    DEVELOPER Sean Dunne has quit Ireland and is living in an exclusive private community in Greenwich, Connecticut, which is manned 24 hours a day by security personnel to protect its privileged residents.

The Irish Independent has learnt that Mr Dunne left the country to pursue business interests in New York and has since become the newest resident in Belle Haven, a secure residential compound that is home to hedge fund billionaire Paul Tudor Jones II and singer Diana Ross.
    http://www.independent.ie/national-n...t-2409918.html

Its amazing how many of the former movers and shakers are disappearing from the social pages.
    One of the first to go in August 2009 was Derek Quinlan who is reported as owing up to €1.5 billion to Irish banks, much of it to Anglo.
    He now lives near Lausanne in Switzerland to take advantage of its tax and privacy laws.
    David Drumm of course now spends his days at his mansion in Cape Cod while Michael Fingleton has taken refuge in his two Marbella apartments.
    I'll add some more to the list as they come to mind

Default Re: Another speculator flees the country

They can run but they can't hide ...
    Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the (female dog) that bore him is in heat again. Bertolt Brecht

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    They do not need to hide.

FF nationalised their bad gambling debts. The Irish taxpayer has, and will continue to, bail out Dunne and his ilk.

Vote FF # 1!
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Matt Moran chief financial director of Anglo Irish went straight into a job in Luxembourg.

I think he was one of the people who took a large loan from Anglo between the Guarantee and Nationalisation. I wonder what the terms of repayment were....

It would be amazing to me if these people didn't have considerable assets and aren't in the position to carry on operating from their new bases.

I see the Irish Mail on Sunday tracked down Mr Dunne and his Sindo columnist wife:
    Sean Dunne’s life in Nama: As the Irish shiver ahead of €6bn in Budget cuts, the bailed-out builder lives in this $8m U.S. mansion – while his wife builds another next door
    By MICHAEL O'FARRELL and VALERIE HANLEY
    Last updated at 10:55 PM on 6th December 2010

This is the luxurious U.S. mansion where developer Seán Dunne and his wife are living – even though many of his massive property loans are now owned by Nama.
    The $8m house – which boasts an indoor swimming pool, tennis court, billiard and piano rooms – is close to another mansion which his wife Gayle bought and is now refurbishing.
    Mrs Dunne has refused to say where she got the money for her €2m property – or how the couple are funding their lavish U.S. lifestyle.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz17kx8kFIp

People Korps Guest

how much did Nama absorb from this one?
    Good timing on the break but if he is not coming back no metaphorical lynching

the slime ball

fighting with the neighbours already! Not a good beginning to a new life. Karma and all that, I kinda beleive in karma.

very interesting thread here on Askaboutmoney from 2006 on the "great man"

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=43834

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/04/bu...nted=2&_r=3&hp
    Last edited by wickedfairy; 12-12-2010 at 09:30 AM.
    "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by sword. The other is by debt." -- John Adams

the opulent wedding....Bertie Ahern and Charlie McCreevy didnt make it, it could have taken the spotlight off the happy couple

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/...le-482264.html
    "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by sword. The other is by debt." -- John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by C. Flower View Post
    Matt Moran chief financial director of Anglo Irish went straight into a job in Luxembourg.
    I have heard of another one, Fiacra O'Neill, a senior person in Anglo, who is now based in Luxembourg.

As a former resident of Luxembourg, I think they'll feel at home there in one sense, but will never have the same sort of social network they had in Dublin.

...the plot had been laid. From then on it was one long champagne (Cristal and pink Louis Roederer) party. The refurbished Cristina, now owned by an Irish consortium headed by Pino Harri

Read more: http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/...#ixzz17teZL6Pn
    Last edited by C. Flower; 17-12-2010 at 11:22 PM.

ahh, the happy days ...

The reason Bertie Ahern gave to his old friend Sean Dunne for not going to his wedding on the Riviera last weekend was that he felt that it would bring more trouble on his hosts than he was worth.
    No such worries for da considerate Bert when it came to bringing more trouble upon the rest of us lesser mortals.
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Second Traunch NAMA- Sean Dunne

Mountbrook, Mountbrook Homes, Hiberbian Life and Pensions, DCD Builders, David Sharkey, Gayle Killilea(wife), Matsack Nominees, D4 Stores, John Dunne(son), Warren Private Clients, Berland Homes, David Shubotham, Paul Coulson

On Saturday night, Mrs Dunne said in a statement that ‘her place of residence and her finances are not legitimate matters of public interest’. She claimed that, despite her high profile career as a writer, in which she often talked about her own life, she was ‘not a public person’.

She added that she had ‘no bank debts with any bank

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/c...a-2456098.html

why is she named in the second traunch if she has no bank debts? I don't understand this, can anyone explain?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz17w8IkT48
    Last edited by wickedfairy; 13-12-2010 at 12:29 AM.

Given the stories of hookers fresh off the plane complete with nosebag, I wonder how much of the property bust was caused by cocaine induced decisions?
    I have no evidence to accuse Dunne but the decisions he made are staggering.
    Nothing to see here

Kev Bar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    Not if Gayle Dunne has her way...she's trying to use her new found legal 'acumen' to get some 'privacy' protection.

Apparently 'Dunner' - as he is known in bucaneer circles - is letting down the tone of the terrace.

The whole Sean/Gayle name a figure between 250 and 300 in the Bangkok hotel room (re how much he should offer for Jurys) is the sort of flaky/ tweaking on uncut hubris that forms the narrative tropes that get men hung from lamp-posts by their own intestines.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast