Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Allied Irish Bank Insolvent - Should it Be Let Go ? Irish Bank Watch Thread

Default Allied Irish Bank Insolvent - Should it Be Let Go ? Irish Bank Watch Thread

http://namawinelake.wordpress.com/20...to-let-aib-go/

Namawinelake says that the AIB is tecnically insolvent - broke and should be let go.
    Stephen Kinsella agrees.

Brian Lucey thinks that some kind of competition is needed - after the shareholders and juniors bondholders are wiped out and senior bondholders.

(Based on Philip Boucher Hayes excellent short report on RTE radio news a few minutes ago).
    Last edited by C. Flower; 08-11-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Default Re: Allied Irish Bank Insolvent - Should it Be Let Go ?

Well we have a lot of loans that will not now be going in to NAMA and will have to be dealt with so that is adding to the burden.

Basically it's another black hole like Anglo and it is very uncertain as to what can of worms has yet to be opened.

Think about Derivatives!!!!

It should go but how would the Government explain to everyone why we kept Anglo and are letting go of AIB, I would just love to hear the answer to that one!!!!

deleted
    Last edited by jean_contente; 06-11-2010 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    Well we have a lot of loans that will not now be going in to NAMA and will have to be dealt with so that is adding to the burden.

It should go but how would the Government explain to everyone why we kept Anglo and are letting go of AIB, I would just love to hear the answer to that one!!!!
    Good point. It will be very difficult for Lenny to spin this point. He's caught between a hard place and a rock. Any suggestions on how Lenny should spin this will be very welcome in the Dept of Finance

The extent of the delusion is seriously disturbing.

This man is determined to throw €1.8 billion at the AIB shareholders apart from the rest of this.

He probably shouldn't be at work.

And as for Kevin Cardiff....

http://www.cmavision.com/market-data

AIB CDS spreads widened another 28 %?

Thanks to Lorcan Kelly, for this link via twitter.

I was listening to the RTER1 news and low and behold the Economy is bringing down the banks according to Sean Whelan.

Anybody with an ounce of sense would realise this blood sucking leech (AIB) is pulling us down and it needs to be put down. We can't afford to keep it and I can't understand why anyone would believe it's of any value to the Irish Nation.

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    I was listening to the RTER1 news and low and behold the Economy is bringing down the banks according to Sean Whelan.
    Speaking of an "ounce of sense", do you still pay your TV license to be enlightened by the wisdom of Sean Wheelan, David Murphy et al?
    Thus all which you call Sin, Destruction—in brief, Evil—that is my true element.

Dublin North-West - the leading constituency!

We should have killed Anglo and sold the other two in 2008. Any other course of action was reckless and this recklessness has killed the country. This recklessness was prompted by a desperate need on the part of the government to bail out the cronies in the CIF and the banks. It defies belief how a government could be so in hock to vested interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Buddha View Post
    We should have killed Anglo and sold the other two in 2008.
    Nobody would have bought AIB and BOI.

Anglo should have been left crash. FF had to protect FF though, and damn the Nation
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Quote Originally Posted by disability student View Post
    You should be watching on BOI instead of AIB as they are in deep trouble today. Their share price at .387

However BOI has less NAMA haircut than AIB. So a bit of a cushion there.

So anyway, most banks are 'technically' insolvent. Without state aid, they are kaput, simple as that.
    I'll change the thread title a bit, so we can watch all the banks on it.

Dublin North-West - the leading constituency!

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    Nobody would have bought AIB and BOI.

Anglo should have been left crash. FF had to protect FF though, and damn the Nation
    I believe some parts of BOI and AIB were profitable. Carve these out and sell them and burn the rest should have been the strategy.

If, as you say, nobody would have bought them, why are we pissing away billions on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Buddha View Post
    I believe some parts of BOI and AIB were profitable. Carve these out and sell them and burn the rest should have been the strategy.

If, as you say, nobody would have bought them, why are we pissing away billions on them?
    What about peoples savings?

No regular people saved with Anglo, so burning that would not have been bad for the common man.

Most people with a few bob have it with AIB or BOI. Burn these, burn them.
    Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other. ~Oscar Ameringer

Quote Originally Posted by disability student View Post
    So anyway, most banks are 'technically' insolvent. Without state aid, they are kaput, simple as that.
    Banks kaput without state aid
    State kaput without Euro aid

Nice little love triangle going on there

Default Re: Allied Irish Bank Insolvent - Should it Be Let Go ? Irish Bank Watch Thread

What gets me in all of this is what in Gods name the two Brians were thinking about two years ago. It didn't make commercial sense to prop up Anglo. I suspect that they were buying time knowing that the country was going to hit the wall sooner or later as we now see. Interesting though that the Baron of Ballsbridge and his friend from Anglo now reside in the States...How many more in the know have stashed the cash safely out of the way and got out? We are in for a very rough time ahead.
    http://louisehannon1.livejournal.com/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast